“Great decor, nice atmosphere, excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sammy J's Grill & Bar
Ranked #12 of 92 Restaurants in West Kelowna
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kelowna, Canada
“Great decor, nice atmosphere, excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've been to Sammy J's regularly over the past year and have always had a nice experience. A few times with a big crew of friends sitting in one of the large booths, on the the patio with a nice view, or a quiet nice meal with my girl friend. Hostess was polite and engaging and service was top notch.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mitch C

Kelowna, Canada
“Great pre-movie stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We tried Sammy J's for the first time last night before catching a movie. We were very pleasantly surprised. My husband ordered the blackened chicken strips and he loved them! He is still talking about them today. They were authentic Cajun and gluten free. I had the Cabo Wabo tacos and they were quite good. The corn tortilla wasn't as fresh as I would have liked, but I know they are hard to keep fresh, you pretty much need to make them daily. The only thing we would have liked to have seen is more sauce on both plates. The sauce was used as a garnish and there could have been a bit more. The chicken would benefit from some tomato garnish to cool down the heat for those of us not as good with heat. Our server Keisha was excellent, really attentive and provided us with great service. The atmosphere was really nice, I could definately hang out at the bar for a few cold ones. We will definately return and recommend Sammy J's to our friends.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank BCShel
Vancouver, Canada
“Good time with friends”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I'm visited Sammy J's for the first time last night. The atmosphere was great. I enjoyed the music selection and the volume was just right so you could still have a conversation.

Location was the main reason we decided to stop here. The bar is right next to the movie theater in West Kelowna, making it a great place to stop before a movie.

IMO prices were a little high and portions were a little small but the quality of food was good . I had the chicken burger my friend had the pizza, I plan on getting the pizza when I return. I also recommend the Texas tea, it was great.

The service was great and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is the area.

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

It's already been said. Great atmosphere, excellent food and great service. Can't wait to try something new next time.

• Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Best food, drinks & service in the Okanagan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Our birthday party dinner was fabulous thanks to the fantastic service and best food we've had all summer!! Good job - in fact, every time we eat at Sammy J's we have excellent top-notch service and food and drinks!!

• Visited September 2013