“Three star accommodation for a five star price”

The Cove Lakeside Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
“Three star accommodation for a five star price”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

While I'm not adverse to paying good money for a room, I have higher expectations when rooms are priced in the $300 per night range. I do not expect the room to have bare patches in the carpet, nor stains on the sofa. For a similar price, I could stay at the burrowing owl winery, and after speaking to several couples I think I will, the next time I'm in kelowna. I would recommend travelers steer clear of this experience. On the plus side, it may be good for families, as there are lots of amenities geared towards kids. The location is no where near the Mission Hill winery, so be careful what you read online.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank plucky017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Recent family visit - 8/13/2013 - 8/16/2013.
Great location but with so many other choices in town, the service should have met their price point. From the stains on the carpet, bees in my kids slushy mix to our several requests to move us away from the cigar smoke directly next to us......I was saddened by the lack of response by anyone. Not for lack of trying. I initiated some kind of response from the manager on our 2nd day, then a day later before we checked out AND then followed up with a phone call plus an email. I was repeatedly assured someone, like the manager, would get back to me. No one has still. In a time when vacationing with your family can be a luxury, best to spend your hard earned income in another establishment.

2 Thank Christopher D
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Husband and I spent 3 nights at the Cove as a capper to our longer Okanagan holiday. What an awesome resort for families this is! We loved the well appointed condo-style suite with its full kitchen and in-suite laundry. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The resort is beautiful everywhere you look, and the location is perfect for winery touring and shopping.

Room Tip: When you ask for lake view you will overlook the pools. This can be noisier than you might want, alt...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I recently stayed at The Cove with my extended family for one week. While we had a wonderful holiday (17 of us) I was disappointed in the overall experience at the Cove. The internet access in our room was spotty, as best. The room was spacious for our family of 5 (a 3 bedroom suite) and while the kitchen was nice the carpet was very dirty and stained. We sat around a fire pit one evening but it wouldn't light. When I checked with the front desk they said the igniter was broken & they would send someone down to light it. No one ever came but we eventually used a lighter to get it going. There are 3 fire pits, potentially a definite plus, but with one totally broken & another difficult to light, it was another diasappointment. When I inquired about this at the front desk I was told that parts were on order. When you're paying over $700/night in the high season, all amenities should be in working order. The service at the poolside bar was very slow. With two bartenders working & one person in front of me I waited 10 minutes to get a glass of water. We had a lot of fun in the pool & at the waterslide & we took advantage of the on-site marina for our boat as well. On-site rentals of SUPs, SeaDoos etc. were also a plus for the Cove. The view from the lakeside rooms is fantastic & the beach front location couldn't be beat.
Also, be aware that West Kelowna is about a 15-20 minute drive from the shops/restaurants of Kelowna. There are a few restaurants & stores in West Kelowna, but not a lot.
Overall I had a fun vacation but I would not stay at the Cove again nor would I recommend it. It was much too expensive for the quality of my stay.

2 Thank Megan A
Summerland, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The service was ok. Food was very poor for the price. A $45 lamb dish was overlooked and dry. Really disappointed in quality of food. Not much of an effort to rectify overdone meat. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant in the future. Fortunately company and wine was great!
Washroom had no toilet paper in my stall and only in one of the other two I looked in. No hand soap in two of the three sinks. Garbage bin overflowing with garbage and all over the floor. I thought this was a high end resort!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Judy B
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at the Cove Lakeside Resort. We had a wonderful vacation and we were very happy with the accommodations. Everything was great, from the service, to the pool, to the restaurant, all met or exceeded our expectations. We could easily have spent a few weeks there and we were sorry to have to end our vacation. We will definitely come back.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was at the Cove last weekend for a girls' getaway with my best friend and Maid of Honour. It was my gift to my friend to stay at the resort and we had a wonderful time on the property, however, I was very disappointed in our room. When we got up to the room after checking in, the carpet was soaking wet and the room was the size of a shoebox. I mentioned this to the front desk and unfortunately they were not able to help in any way. I think something should have been done about the state of the room, but the rest of the hotel was clean, beautiful, and not soaking wet. We also asked the front desk for marshmallows to roast at the fire pits (there were no grocery stores open at the time) and they said they would take a look in the staff room. Braden came to our rescue with a bag of marshmallows and roasting sticks! We were so happy that Braden was kind enough to find marshmallows and then find us after over-hearing our conversation with the front desk. We had a fabulous morning by the pool the next day, enjoying the view of the lake and sipping drinks by the waterslide. I wish that the staff could have fixed the wet carpet/tiny room situation, but overall the property is gorgeous and in a very nice location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Central City
Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna

Been to The Cove Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!