There is a positive energy, "we want to help you" vibe at the Cove Lakeside in West Kelowna, whether it was changing rooms, getting a massage or planning a winery itinerary. We stayed there for four nights at the height of summer when the staff was also dealing with hordes of guests including endless streams of weddings, families and couples.
The staff at the Cove Lakeside appear to be hand-picked as they were amazingly hospitable: Leigh-Ann who helped us book our first room, Front staff Becca, Ashley and a receptionist whose initial starts with "M" (sorry!!), Eugene who fixed my mistakes with the tv, Adam the bellhop, the servers in Bonfire like Zoe and Annie, the Aveda spa, the gym, Rick from Housekeeping.
The weather (mid-August) was fabulous. We are particularly struck by how much of an active family "club" the Cove is through the day with kids constantly sliding into or jumping into the pools having immense fun and maybe a beautiful wedding taking place down on the beach, but yet it transforms at dusk to a more intimate couples resort. The Live music (we LOVED "Electric Freeway" - very Big Chill feel) on the patio while dining al fresco under the twinkling lights in the trees is a real treat. And the Peach Martinis and Hendrick's gin mojitos...!!
Definitely through the day, this is a kids' pool playground, but somehow (beautifully) and a water warrior's paradise, at night this resort somehow morphs into a more intimate, romantic venue. We really enjoyed the dinner and breakfasts at the Bonfire.
The food and service was excellent. Have one of their artichoke pizzas and a berry salad.
While a lake view is beautiful and in the midst of it all, we loved the relaxing sun-drenched (deep into the late afternoon) feeling of the garden view. I would strongly recommend a garden view if you are a couple and want the best of all worlds (you still get a lake view and a some quiet time with your book on the patio). Get a one or two bedroom suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Lakeside Resort is a luxury all-suite resort featuring 120 elegantly decorated one, two and three bedroom suites, indulgent treatments at The Spa at the Cove, a private lakefront beach, two seasonal outdoor pools and a private marina. With a peaceful waterfront setting and dramatic views of Okanagan Lake, we are a place where the beauty and solitude of nature is just 20 minutes from the shops and restaurants of downtown Kelowna. While our surroundings are known for their breathtaking views and recreational opportunities; unparalleled guest service and boutique-style hospitality are the heart of The Cove Lakeside Resort experience. Whether you’re visiting for a family vacation, romantic getaway, wedding celebration or corporate gathering, you will feel truly at home away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cove Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Lakeside Hotel West Kelowna
- Cove Lakeside Westbank
- The Cove Lakeside Resort Kelowna/West Kelowna, Canada