“Yousef was the icing on the cake !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cove Lakeside Resort

The Cove Lakeside Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Yousef was the icing on the cake !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in September. Suite was excellent - very well equipped, bed linen was fresh and crisp, towels were soft and fluffy. Only criticism was marks on the carpet - but I understand (as an ex-hotelier) that a busy season unfortunately does not always allow for a room to be taken out of commission for carpet cleaning. However I am sure a quick clean could have been accommodated. Restaurant was very good. Had breakfast and dinner each day. Some days there were several dishes on menu which were not available, but excellent alternative specials were offered. Our whole dining experience was topped off by the excellent Yousef. He was extremely knowledgable about the local wineries (which as Europeans were not well known to us) and recommended some first class wines. Thank you Yousef (and apologies for drinking your last bottle of Myers!).

Room Tip: Had a suite with lake view - perfect.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We went to a wedding at the resort and stayed for 2 nights. I had booked a "room" in the resort, which is mostly suites, but thought it would be fine as we would be out most of the time.
Turns out the "room" was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen, with no ice bucket, desk, or anything resembling a nice place to stay. It was, in fact an extra bedroom for a suite. I went to the desk to ask if there was another "room" that was bigger and to let them know I was unhappy. They let me know that these "rooms" were not going to be in the Resort Inventory as of 2014, but the only help for me was to "upgrade" for a minimum of $50 per night. They should NOT be renting these rooms, even for the "reduced rate" of $139, which turned out to be a VERY BAD CHOICE. The "Customer Satisfaction" person called to let me know the ONLY solution was an upgrade and she was anything but satisfying in her attitude. I had also requested a King Size bed, which was listed, but all of these rooms were queen size, which was NOT acceptable.
On the positive side, the people in the lounge were wonderful and the wedding was great, including the food. As it was late September, the pool wasn't open but looked inviting.
So, if you go, make sure to get a suite.

Room Tip: Get a suite on the water
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tedsexcellentmusic
West Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at the Cove for over 2 months and were extremely pleased! Staff were always accomodating and were sure to point us in the direction of whatever was required. In the first couple of days, was in the gym and noticed the water cooler leaking and notified the front staff. They had maintenance there within minutes taking care of it! Gym had incredible lake views and the walkways around the resort are well kept and beautiful! The only bad point was the poor condition of the carpeting, needed to be cleaned badly! Spa is relaxing and enjoyable! Restaurant had excellent food with reasonable prices. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I went with my sister for a one night getaway. The resort itself is really nice and the room was good enough for us, although it was raining and there was an annoying drip outside our bedroom window all night! The restaurant is mediocre with big price tags. If I spend $30 for a dinner, in my mind, it should have some wow factor. We had supper and breakfast there...food seemed a bit bland.

The real disappointment was the hot tub. We got in and my eyes were burning a bit - that should have been my first clue. We stayed 20-30 minutes and when we got to our room we realized our bathing suits were completely ruined!!! Our skin was itchy and rashy for two days and smelled like chlorine for one day! I don't understand this - it has happened to me at hotels before - I seem to have really bad luck! Don't they check their chemicals??? I called down to the front desk as soon as we realized what was going on and they did offer us breakfast at the restaurant, which we accepted. That, however, certainly doesn't cover the cost of two new bathing suits! They claimed they also drained the hot tub after our complaint.

Overall - no need to go back with my husband...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bonzie78
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have to say that this past August my husband and I managed to have the best wedding ever! From the first email sent to Emily we were always given the information that we asked for with added suggestions. Emily offered us suggestions on which vendors would be the best to use and who would be able to accomdate my every whim, being out of town and planning a wedding without ever seeing the property I can assure you the photos do not do it justice. The grounds are immaculate and beautiful, the same calibre as the best resorts for destination weddings. We were provided with friendly service, helpful staff when we arrived. The set up and tear down was more than I could ask for, when Emily tells you her staff will take care of it they really will. Our room for the evening of the wedding was made available for early check in and due to the nature of our visit offered to us at a discounted rate, and upgraded our room to a lakefront loft room. I could not have asked for anything better, allowed me to have a stress free day and days leading up to the wedding.

Room Tip: The lakefront rooms offer a spectacular view!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was our second time at the Cove and it was as splendid as the first. The setting is an idyllic lakeside resort with all the amenities you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Located at the end of the famed Gellatly Road (there is a regional park that explains the history of the area, including the restored family log home of Mr Gellatly, just one minute's drive away), the resort can be either a home base when exploring Okanagan wineries, or it can be the spot you never want to leave. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, including two pools, well maintained gardens, waterfalls, outdoor fire pits and barbecues. The suites are equipped with kitchens and well appointed bathrooms. There were flat screen TV's, insuite washer/dryer, various appliances, spacious balconies and very comfortable beds. The resort boasts one of the finest restaurants in the Okanagan, the Bonfire. What we sampled were all local and absolutely delicious. I will be back.

Room Tip: Bring food to cook your own breakfast, but dine in the restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Cove .. there were some issues but overall we'd have no problem recommending the facility. The resort has a large pool area, outdoor BBQs, tennis and a nice lake-edge location with extensive walking paths. It's located in West Kelowna, on the Wine Route, away from the hustle and bustle it that's what you're looking for. We had a ground level condo that was well equipped with a full kitchen and a large patio .. although patios are a lot smaller (but adequate) on many of the upper level condos. The Resort has WiFi but the signal is very very weak. The Resort has a banquet facility that caters to meetings/weddings etc so things can get a bit busy at times. The Resort has an work-out facility but we didn't see it.

The Resort has one restaurant and the food was very good albeit a bit expensive .. their wine prices are ridiculous .. bring your own .. I paid $20/glass for nothing special!!

The overall cleanliness of our condo was good but the carpets in the condo as well as the total resort have seen a lot of traffic and cleaning wouldn't hurt! Noise in our condo was an issue. The sewage pipes are located in the wall of #105 and you know whenever anyone flushes!! The room is also located above the parkade door .. it's quite noisy and its hard to understand why the Resort can't install a quieter door lift!!

Resort staff were polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 104 and 105 .. both are located immediately above the gate leading to the underground pa...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Kelowna
#7 of 34 in Kelowna

Been to The Cove Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!