“Loved it”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Kelowna
Maple Ridge
“Loved it”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was such a beautiful resort and the 3 bedroom suite was amazing. Thank you so much for making this such a great stay.
Your staff was very friendly and the room was beautiful better than expected. Thanks again

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Powell River
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for the first time for a wedding in May. The actually resort is beyond gorgeous located right on the water. I found the service lacking very much and the food wasn't great compared to other resorts we've stayed at. Overall it's beautiful but needs an upgrade to the food and service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Candice C
Calgary
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have something to say, but feel awkward posting it on-line. I was unhappy with the Restaurant service. The waiter in question, said he would offer something, but did not do it. Enough said.
If you want more details you can call me.
Otherwise, I love this place! !!!!@

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Quesnel
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the second year staying there in May. We love it. Service is excellent. Only one complaint on our room. The nails that are under the carpet on the edges and the stairs poke through the carpet, we all continually stepped on them all weekend. Hope it is fixed for our stay next year.

Edmonton
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Four of us stayed at the Cove as part of a pre-wedding celebration for a friend from Seattle. We booked a 2 bedroom suite and it was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were accommodating, kind and gracious. I wish I remembered the gentleman who greeted us upon arrival and checked us out upon departure because he was just a lovely man.

Unfortunately, our restaurant experience was TERRIBLE. It was a special occassion and our waiter, Gilles, seemed more concerned about catering to a table of local VIP's than to our small group of 4. He seemed disorganized and put off by our requests. The service was exceptionally slow (we were there from 7pm to 10:30pm) and by the end of our meal, Gilles was literally tossing our silverware onto the table, rolling his eyes at us and huffing out loud. At one point he brought out 2 of the lamb dishes from the tasting menu. One med-rare, one medium. We were not asked when we ordered about what temperature we would have liked our lamb done and so when we said this to the server and advised that our preference would have been rare if we had been asked- Gilles came back saying there were no more lamb chops but he would like to offer us a lamb sirloin. My friend and I agreed to split the medium rare with no concerns but Gilles came back with a lamb sirloin plate, tossed it on the table and said "Here you go, try it". We advised it was not necessary and he proceeded to say "Well, if you don't want it, the chef will just throw it out, so eat it or don't it's up to you". So passive agressive and unnecessary behavior. Gilles did take $25 off of one of the tasting menu bills to compensate but I think his behavior by that point was so off putting, it didn't even matter how much he took off.

We presented our concerns to the manager as we were concerned Gilles would not be able to tolerate the feedback. The manager arrived at our room a while later with a $50 breakfast voucher which was kind. I found out later it was presented to us at the behest of the front desk man, which did not surprise me given how lovely he had been to deal with both at the beginning and the end of our stay.

The views were wonderful. A gorgeous location but I would be hesitant to go to that restaurant again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Melanie M
Kelowna
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have never stayed at a hotel or resort where I have heard the phrase No, I'm sorry we are unable to accommodate your request' more often than this one. The property is beautiful and would be a lovely place to just 'get away to' as my husband and I do this on a monthly basis, however due to the lack of customer service we will not be returning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Amanda S
Cove_Lakeside_Resort, Manager at The Cove Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to deliver on our promise to "never say no". I would be pleased to communicate directly with you and ensure that the details of your experience are addressed as this is not the standard of service that we pride ourselves on.
Princeton
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My only criticism is the same one I have for most hotel bathrooms. There are never enough (or large enough) towel bars to enable efficient drying of towels, face cloths, and hand towels.You ask us to be green but surely you don't want the towels rolled up when they're wet!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Kelowna
Central City
Best Western Plus Kelowna Hotel & Suites
Central City
Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna

Been to The Cove Lakeside Resort? Share your experiences!