Our main concern during our stay was the condition of the pull out mattress. The treatment we received after we brought the issues forward is what has been most upsetting. I have stayed at many hotels around the world and have never been expected to sleep on something in such poor condition especially at a “five star” resort. The only solution we were given was 2 duvets to arrange on top of the mattress which did not help at all. The other minor issues that came up were related to housekeeping. Towels were not replaced in all of the bathrooms and there was no extra toilet paper. Quite frankly if I am paying $900 a night I expect a little more.
On check-out the service manger, Robert, was quite rude and abrupt; he was already on the defensive before we could voice our concerns. At my mention of having a complaint about the pull out mattress, Robert cut me off and responded with “The pull out couch is meant for children and not adults.” Firstly, he should have listened to my complaint instead of assuming he knew what the issue was. The size of the mattress was NOT the issue. That mattress is not suitable for children or adults. Secondly, when I made the booking, I clearly stated there were 8 adults. We would have been happy with two separate rooms. The person taking my reservations suggested the 3 bedroom suite with pull out as a viable option for 8 adult.
Worse yet is the information Robert passed on to his superiors. For some reason his notes indicate that he offered us a solution to the problem which we declined and instead we demanded a complimentary stay.This does not hold an ounce of truth. The email I received from the Director of Hotel Operations, Arlene, accusing us of trying to get a free stay was even more upsetting. Neither herself nor Robert ever once offered a simple and sincere apology. Our original concerns were not that severe and could have been handled much differently with the right attitude.
At the end of this unnecessarily long ordeal, the hotel gave us a 10% discount which honestly doesn't change our experience. Beautiful resort, great location, unfortunately the attitude of the management team does not match. We definitely will not be returning or recommending this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Lakeside Resort is a luxury all-suite resort featuring 120 elegantly decorated one, two and three bedroom suites, indulgent treatments at The Spa at the Cove, a private lakefront beach, two seasonal outdoor pools and a private marina. With a peaceful waterfront setting and dramatic views of Okanagan Lake, we are a place where the beauty and solitude of nature is just 20 minutes from the shops and restaurants of downtown Kelowna. While our surroundings are known for their breathtaking views and recreational opportunities; unparalleled guest service and boutique-style hospitality are the heart of The Cove Lakeside Resort experience. Whether you’re visiting for a family vacation, romantic getaway, wedding celebration or corporate gathering, you will feel truly at home away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Cove Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Lakeside Hotel West Kelowna
- Cove Lakeside Westbank
- The Cove Lakeside Resort Kelowna/West Kelowna, Canada