“How many years ago did they win the award?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 92 Restaurants in West Kelowna
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Contemporary
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridge Blvd
Transit: Located at intersection of Mission Hill Rd and Boucherie Rd. Kelowna Regional Public Transit System Route 20/21 Westside drops visitors just down the hill from our entrance. Buses are equipped with bike racks. See bctransit.com/regions/kel for routing details.
Description: Overlooking rows of Pinot Noir & Chardonnay set against the Okanagan Lake, our outdoor Terrace Restaurant complements our wine's natural affinities with cuisine that is locally, sustainably, and seasonally sourced. By growing much of our own produce in the estate Varietal Garden and working hand-in-hand with local farmers, we are able to provide a spectacular culinary experience highlighting the bountiful ingredients & world-class wines that characterize this region. By partnering with local farmers, our menu continuously evolves to incorporate the freshest ingredients. Similar to our philosophy in the vineyards, we have a firm belief in sustainable and bio-dynamic agricultural practices, including local foraging, organic farming, and the Vancouver Aquarium's OceanWise program. Even our own honeybees help sustain the estate gardens while providing wildflower honey to be used by our culinary team.
Abbotsford, Canada
“How many years ago did they win the award?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant was a major disappointment in just about every aspect. Supposedly according to Travel and Leisure it is 1 of the top 5 winery restaurants in the world. Travel & Leisure must have only reviewed 5 restaurants. It was that bad.

It is a beautiful setting as others have commented. It is a outdoor restaurant. The restaurant itself is a long concrete terrace with a beautiful view of the lake on one side and a view of the courtyard on the other side. Tables are on both sides of the terrace and there is an outdoor kitchen at the end. We were here for dinner celebrating a special anniversary. If you come in the evening, forget about the view as they pull down black mesh screens and it really blocks the view. Service was not very friendly. An amuse bouche of 6 pitted dried marinated cherries was presented - not very interesting. Bread was brought to the table. We were each given 1 piece of the 2 breads they had that evening and it was not offered again. The wines are outrageously priced considering that it is their winery. I had a glass of their pinot noir - $14.00 for a small glass and my husband had a small glass for another of their reds for $12.00. We had gone to wineries during the day and most of the wines that we tasted were far superior to the wine at Mission Hill. I think that the small wineries generally have far superior wines. We did not see any appetizer that appealed to us so we went straight to the entrees. I ordered the game hen and my husband ordered the pasta of the day. My husbands pasta was linguine with smoked ham & mushrooms with a chicken glace. It was a decent size serving but my husband said that the pasta itself was uninspired. It cost $28.00. For this money I've had pasta with lobster at other high end restaurants that was exceptional. We also had to ask for a large spoon for twirling the pasta when he was part way through the meal. It should have been brought with the entrée. My game hen was a joke. It was a very small thigh and about 4 tiny pieces of meat about the size of the tip of my thumb. It came with beets and polenta. We mentioned to the server that we thought the portion was pathetically small and her comment was that game hen is a small bird. The manager came to the table and he offered to give me a salad to provide a bit more food. I said another 2 oz. leg would be better but he could not do this. For this the cost of the entrée was $35.00. We were still hungry when we finished our entrees so we asked to see the dessert menu. It consisted of 3 items - carrot cake, panna cotta and red velvet cake. They were $12.00 each. Having seen their portion sizes and considering how basic the desserts were we did not feel like spending $12.00 for what would probably be a 1" cube of cake that was not very well prepared and that I could easily make myself for considerably less cost. They did give us a couple of small plates of cherry sorbet. My husband said it was probably the palate cleanser they offer if you ordered an appetizer before your meal. We ate at Bouchons the evening before and they provided a palate cleanser that was better than what we had a Mission Hills.

The table beside us also had issues with their meals. The woman had ordered the pasta like my husband did and she called her server over and asked her to please have some ham in the pasta. You would think that at $28.00 you would give your guest more than plain pasta. They never did ask her companion about his meal. After waiting about 15 minutes we saw him pick up his plate and walk it back to the kitchen himself. The wait staff was MIA and he couldn't have flagged someone down if he wanted.

The restaurant had some sort of function going on in the main winery the evening we were there and we could hear the tune "Land of Hope and Glory" being played over the speakers. It just takes your breath away doesn't it - looking out over and black mesh screen and hearing a tune like that being played. At some point in the evening I think the guests from the winery were free to wander the grounds because the winery rang the bells for a good 5 minutes to summon their guests back to the winery.

Overall it was probably one of the worst dining experiences that I have endured. If you go in the evening and you like to sit outside with a very restricted view, poor quality of food, indifferent service and outrageous prices than for it. For myself there are too many really good restaurants to give this one another shot. I doubt that they would win another award from Travel and Leisure unless the magazine takes bribes.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank vbrother

Vancouver, BC
“Class Act”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My full review is under Mission Hill Winery, but primarily deals with the exemplary service we received from our server Mandy and sommelier, Joey. Amazing food and wine, but the unexpected and unasked for consideration shown by these two women turned a not very good day into an absolutely amazing day. Top notch service, wine and food. Not to be missed!

Visited June 2014
Victoria BC
“Unforgettable dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were given a gift certificate as a wedding present from an aunt and uncle who said they had the most romantic dinner there years ago and wanted us to do the same. James and our server Kayla provided us with an evening we will never forget! The view, the food and the service made this dinner the best part of our honeymoon! Thanks Mission Hill!

• Visited May 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Beautful, I can see why people get married here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I love this resturant. I've been here before and what I like most is the view. The food is delicious and I would recommend the arugula flat bread if it's on the menu. The cheese selection is extensive. Worth a visit

Visited May 2014
Winnipeg,Manitoba
“Fabulous Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I can't say enough good things about this wonderful restaurant which is beautifully situated in The Mission Hill Winery. The view is spectacular as was the ambiance , the service and the food. I requested a dish that was not on the menu and it was not a problem for them to accommodate me and serve it in the most exquisite presentation with perfectly chosen wine pairings. It was the highlight of my gastronomic visit to the area and kudos to all the chefs and serving staff..cheers and I can't wait to return.

• Visited May 2014