“Not worth the money”

Old Vines Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Vines Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 99 Restaurants in West Kelowna
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunnyside
Transit: Quails' Gate is accessible by Public Transit. Kelowna Regional Public Transit System Route 20/21 Westside drops visitors at our winery door. Buses are equipped with bike racks. See bctransit.com/regions/kel for routing details.
Description: Old Vines Restaurant is a meeting place of fresh local ingredients. Our selection of dishes enhance the light, fresh and fruitful, rich style of Quails' Gate wines. Our menu is constantly evolving as a reflection of our focus to serve the best and freshest the valley's local artisans and west coast markets can provide. We are dedicated to providing you with a beautiful setting and the ultimate food and wine experience in the Okanagan Valley. Voted in the Top 20 Winery Restaurants of the World by the Daily Meal (October 2013). OpenTable Top 100 Best Restaurants in Canada (March 2015). The New York Times (October 2006) - "Beyond our tables, the panorama of the lakefront, watercraft wake lines and row upon row of grapevines, with mountains in the distance, was mesmerizing." Wine Spectator (July 2004)- "One of the four best places to dine in the Okanagan."
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We went for a group dinner during the wine and dine promotion,
the service was lacking,
my drink was forgotten for some time, and when the waiter was reminded, he continued to serve others that arrived after me.
It was during the Wine and Dine Promotion.
I didnt find any of the choices appealing on that list so I ordered off of the regular menu,
I asked the waiter the optinion on the 17 dollars crab cakes, he said that it was a well known staple there and was very well liked, so I ordered that. Much to my dismay, the crab cakes were tastless and the remoulade dressing was too, the slaw was the only thing that had any flavor. My date had the Duck tortellini app off of the Wine and Dine menu, the pasta had good flavor, but it was served on a bed of Kale that had nothing to offer the dish except a filler under the 3 tortellini. For the main course I ordered the 33 dollars Sablefish dish, I love Sablefish you really cant screw this fish up it is moist and delicious, BUT, my dish was AWFUL! The fish skin was burnt, the sable fish had been so overcooked it had schrivelled up under the skin and there was not any moisture left to plump the fish anymore, the jus and veggies served under the fish were also tasteless. My date had the CoCoa dusted lamb shank off the Wine and Dine Menu, we both LOVE lamb and we were curious how the cocoa was going to compliment the lamb shank, well it definately did not. Utter dissapointment, The lamb came so overcooked it was schrivelled around most of the shank, it didnt even taste like lamb meat... It took our group 45 min between courses to get our food, Our bill between the two of us came to 160 dollars thanks to the 35 dollar Wine and Dine my date had. I know our review sounds harsh, but honestly it has been a very long time since the overall service and food was so terrible. We left feeling hungry and that we had spent our money in a wrong place. We will not be back.

2  Thank LuvGudFuD2000

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was recommended to us for lunch by our hotel front desk - the recommendation was to Quail's Gate Winery, Old Vines is the restaurant there.
We arrived late for lunch, but the hostess welcomed us, but also warned us that some of their lunch offerings might no longer be available. We asked for a table with a view, and were taken to a table that was partially indoors, partially outdoors (the restaurant is capable of being completely closed off from the elements by sliding glass, without loosing the view), woth a breathtaking vies of vines going down to Lake Okanagan.
Our waiter promptly arrived, and again advised us that not everything on the lunch menu was still available, and then described perfectly what was. We ordered what was perhaps the best lunch (if not the best meal) we have ever had. (And, that includes my wife's choice of entree, which was cod(!), but exquisitely prepared and seasoned, and accessorized..
The bill,with a half litre of wine (a very good Riesling!) was well north of $100, but absolutely worth every penny.
If you are travelling there, treat yourself to a meal at Old Vines; and if necessary, do fast food for a day or so!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Wine pairing menu was great!
A little pricey but always a treat!
Staff were very attentive!
Will be back for a future special event.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I live locally, I would visit more often if all the boxes were ticked. Yes the view is wonderful, the staff are fine, (not exceptional), the food: there is always something not quite right, duck confit with a freezing cold quinoa salad? Get the chiller at the right temperature. One member of staff snottily denying they have mayonnaise in the restaurant!! Haha....hilarious, but it was bought up 2 minutes later with an apology. I know that some reviews say that the food here is exceptional, I can only surmise that they have not visited lots of restaurants whether locally or in other countries. I want to love this restaurant, and I go each time hoping I will be pleasantly surprised and I will go back....I'm just not planning asap like I would with other places where the whole experience gets full marks. I do like the fact that the wine has a fair mark up price to what we pay in the wine shop, wish more wineries could do that when they have a restaurant or if the restaurant is a separate business but still on site, make some sort of concession to the restaurant owner.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

It was a great dinner with wine pairings, everything was delicious. The only thing is we had 2 of the same whites with different courses, would have been nice to try a different white wine but they did taste good.