“== mixed feelings ==”

Bonfire Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Bonfire Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 95 Restaurants in West Kelowna
Price range: US$6 - US$41
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Indulge in an unforgettable dining experience at the Bonfire Restaurant located in The Cove Lakeside Resort, West Kelowna's premium waterfront resort. Bonfire Restaurant's signature dishes combine classic and rustic cooking techniques, using only the best locally produced and sourced ingredients. Dine in the warm and inviting restaurant or indulge in the intimate lounge or on the stunning seasonal outdoor patio with panoramic views of Okanagan Lake. The Bonfire Restaurant & Lounge is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Visit our Events Page for our weekly specials and features. Bonfire Restaurant... where amazing lakefront views, superb ambiance and extraordinary dining awaits you.
Kelowna, Canada
“== mixed feelings ==”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

At this gorgeous location by the lake on a hot day in the shade we encountered waitress Ruby.

She wasn't sure whether some items were gluten-free, a critical element for my celiac partner. We had to suggest she ASK.

We had a pizza and salmon, both pretty good dishes. I asked for a list of bottled beers. Ruby brought a glass of draft. She then quickly presented the bill, before we had a chance to order coffees.

They didn't arrive for 20 minutes. We had to leave. It took four minutes to find Ruby who blamed the barista. We didn't care. The bill included the coffees which she tried to deduct.

Instead, she mistakenly deducted the beer. I pointed this out as my mother taught me. Ruby thought I "shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth".

The food was pretty good, the service was not. We have been served by other people there, who were much better and more pleasant.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank FlyingDutchman_12

Kelowna, Canada
“Another misfire at the Bonfire”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Alas, I try every year to like this restaurant because of its gorgeous location and proximity to my home. There are always new menus and new staff to impress. However, I think I am now done with trying. There are far better places to spend my dining dollars.

My cannelloni was filled with walnut halves. Not finely chopped nuts. A huge crunchy piece in every bite. No greenery on the plate. Hard pasta, too. The cheese and tomato sauce was decent, but nothing worth repeating. My dining partner ordered the lamb entree. Server came back a few minutes later saying it had sold out yesterday. I wanted to order a wine on the by the glass list. It also was not available. Our food was hot and decently flavoured, but for these prices (same as Raudz or Quail's Gate), they are shooting for something completely out of their league. Go where there is a proven track record of consistent food.

• Visited June 2014
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Good food, great location!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

When visiting West Kelowna friends took us to the Bonfire for dinner. It is located in a great location on the shores of the lake. The food was good, the service was fantastic. After dinner we went for a stroll in the fabulous gardens between the restaurant and the lakeshore. All told it was a very nice experience which I'm sure we will repeat.

• Visited May 2014
Delta
“Wedding Saturday Night, May 31, 2014”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Did not like going up to Westbank for Breakfast when the restaurant was closed at 10 a.m.to force usage of the SUNDAY Brunch Buffet @ $29.00 each senior rate. Only wanted simple couple of poached eggs etc., You can certainly fix this by changing the Buffet hours and/or leave the restaurant open. You probably had to throw out more than half the food anyway. Wont stay again involving a Sunday and will tell others this negative. The more I think of it, you should be disciplined for a crazy idea; if we wanted an egg plus breakfast, it would cost $60.00 for both of us plus taxes; you sure wouldn't get any tip. No wonder guests want to get out of there by check out time. As well there was no advance advisement of the closure of the Restaurant VS the Buffet.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

2 Thank Al J
West Kelowna, Canada
“Excellent food, Excellent scenery.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a lovely setting for taking summer guests. Very nice décor and places to stroll by the lake. (The Nut Farm next door) The food did not disappoint and the summer selection was great. We have taken house guests there to impress them with the scenery and hot temperatures that are refreshingly cool by the lake.

• Visited August 2013