All reviews good size per night two nights recommend this hotel nice hotel croissants water park is shopping complex desk lyon novotels motorway
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed here to visit the guitar festival but also to use the climbing wall and water park. The family suite was very clean, comfortable, spacious and modern. This would be an Ideal base for visiting the surrounding area, plenty to do including the swimming pool and flumes which the kids loved. We paid €10 (adults only) extra to visit the spa area which was worth every penny. The breakfast was good value with plenty of choice. I would recommend this to anyone, the staff were very helpful and welcoming even when we managed to lock ourselves out of one of the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Good value room which was clean and modern. The Parc was nice as was the complex below which was good for food and wine

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel whilst in Geneva. During peak traffic it was around a 30 minute drive from the centre.
- Hotel offered free wifi which had good strength throughout the hotel. In the seating area there are an arrangement of free tea/coffee/water beverages
- For me, check in was fast and easy but later on in the evening I saw a large queue waiting to be served.
- Breakfast was continential. Bonus was being able to press oranges yourself for freshly squeezed juice.
- Rooms were a little small (double would struggle to fit 2 people plus luggage) and were comfortable.
- No iron/ironing board available in the room. You need to leave a deposit with reception and take them back to your room. Iron was very basic.
- Only two other restaurants close by (in the shopping complex), but there is a supermarket very close by which a range of snacks
- There is a swimming pool and fitness centre that you're entitled to use but I cannot comment on any additional price or quality.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank emmy_bug
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This is the second visit to this hotel and the second time was not a great experience , I was working at an event again being hosted at the Centre. At check in the first bedroom room we were given was a very small double room, not enough space to even get the suitcases in, and also had a bizarre bad smell, so we asked for a larger room which we were given with no problems. We were traveling with 4 large suitcases and as we were two adults it seemed strange if they had a room they would not given us it at check in.

The rooms are modern, clean and basic , but no minibar, fridge or kettle but there is a large supermarket in the facility so you can stock the room with the basics. Breakfast was very basic with no hot food just continental. The view out over the large car park does give you mountains and the lake but it has the feeling of a shopping centre car park.

The room key did not work each day after check in so I had to return each time to the reception which was frustrating and no apology's were given, which to me shows bad training of the front desk staff.

As the Centre is a leisure facility, the water-park, wellness centers and fitness centres are state of art and if you are here for these facilities and want to stay close this would be the best option.
At the Spa, when I asked if they hard sports type massage the receptionist shocked told me they only offered relaxation and wellness massages and not such services. This did seem strange as the water jets in the pool are very aggressive

It is very close to Geneva and the airport and would be an option if visiting Geneva but you would need a car.

I would not stay here again unless I was working as there was no sense of service.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are much quieter than the front
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank go2mike
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Although I would agree that the hotel is basic and has its problems, I found that the extras it offered put it above many others in Geneva and in the general area. If you have a car I would recommend it as a choice to consider if you are visiting Geneva or passing by on the Motorway to Italy.
The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and windows open to enjoy the breeze that comes down off the Seleve. The rooms at the back of the hotel have a good view of the mountains and are quieter than those at the front though even those are quiet at night (the complex closes about 9 and there is little noise). The rooms at the front do overlook the carpark which is busy during the day.
The bathrooms are clean and have real soap (no squeezy soap bottles here), though the lack of a shower door is a little puzzling. Water pressure in some rooms is variable but I found hot water plentiful.
The extras which swung it for me were a basic breakfast with fresh orange juice, good machines for fresh coffee, some dried and fresh fruit, cheese and ham, yogurt and the normal coissants and pain au chocolat, free wifi internet throughout the hotel (not restricted as in some hotels) and free access to vitam park (free pass for each person in the room each day of the stay).
Vitam park has large indoor and outdoor pools with waterfalls and slides, a large gimnasium with latest machines, climbing walls and dance classes in the evening. The hotel pass entitles you to use one of the facilities each night for free (I believe its extra for the spa).
There is a disco across the parking lot but didnt even notice or hear anything during my stay.
McDonalds closes at 11 so is a good option if youve missed local restaurants that close fairly early.
Well located for Geneva, the motorway to Lyon, Annecy, Chamonix and Geneva though you do need a car.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors and at the back are quieter and have better view. Ask for your vouchers for Vitam Park when you arrive.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business