“Funky atmosphere, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mooshka

Mooshka
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Australian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingscliff, Australia
“Funky atmosphere, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

On a recent trip to the Sunshine Coast I was recommend Mooshka's by several friends and when I arrived I instantly understood the hype. Friendly staff, funky retro vibe, great food & atmosphere and awesome 'happy hour' specials. Between 3 & 5.30pm weekdays there is a $5 beer and Tapas menu - the tapas are extremely tasty (bargain at $5) and they offer a fantastic selection of pizza's and more extensive tapas style plates if you're still hungry. Moroccan lamb pizza was delicious! I was travelling with my 'very well behaved dog' who was also welcomed with a tummy rub and allowed to sit with us in the front alfresco section. Needless to say, I returned to Mooshka's 3 times during my 5 day holiday..Thanks again guys for being so accommodating with Hutch, I highly recommend this place for something casual and fun. I wanna go back!

• Visited March 2014

Budapest, Hungary
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We ate lunch here and had the most amazing pizza! Great location, wonderful staff. Will definitely eat here again.

• Visited January 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good food and a great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

The food tastes good and they provide large meals but also small meals (tappas). There is a quite large selection of wines and cocktails available.

Visited January 2014
Sydney
“Favourite restaurant / hangout in Sunshine Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I LOVED this place! We headed over looking for some great food and drinks and walked into Mooshka - simply awesome place! We were there in their 'Happy Hour' period - between 3:00pm and 5:30pm - where approx 8-10 tapas dishes are $5 and any house spirit,wine and beer is you guessed it $5! I have an addiction to Tapas and found their Tapas were absolutely brilliant and not undersize (as you sometimes see when special prices are on) I could've ate everything again. The value in the food and house vodka's and bourbon's for $5 is simply some of the best I have ever seen. The staff were excellent and the vibe in the place was prefectly funky, chilled out and relaxed. I am disappointed I am now home as I really want to go to Mooshka's again soon - it was the best meal we had on our entire holiday. Defintiely get in their and soak up the vibes, enjoy the food and relax!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Matthew B
Toowoomba, Australia
“Disappointed given its reputation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had hear that this was a hip and happening place and while the decor shouts eclectic, the service and the food leaves a bit to be desired. This was Christmas week and the entire area was full of holiday makers, therefore more staff should have been rostered on. After being seated we had to wait 15 minutes for a menu to arrive, then another 45 minutes for our food to appear after the order had been taken. Drinks were offered early in the meal, which was fine, and our waitress did keep our table cleared and our glasses filled. We had multiple orders of the same meals, which would have made the food prep easy so I cannot see why there was such a delay. One of our party had to leave to return to work as the food took so long to be served. The meals ordered were fresh and decently presented, but nothing outstanding. The specials board offered two meals with a free drink for $18 so the value was there. Unfortunately the special pasta meal lacked taste and the chef had been a bit heavy handed with the olive oil.

I can see why this cafe/restaurant is popular with its quirky, retro decor and feel, but the food or service does not match the expectation. Too much sausage and not enough sizzle.

Visited December 2013