Theo Sunset Bay Holiday Village
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewscoral bayinfinity poolsea viewcrazy spoonself cateringsnack menustudio apartmentthe main hotelhalf boardinto paphosbus stop right outside the hotelbuilding workhiring a carbusy roadbus serviceafter midnightday ticket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed in this hotel at the beggining of July. First of all, they took us to another building, 400m away from the main building... The building was old, poorly decorated with old furniture. The impression I got from the main building was that it wasn't that modern as well. Our room seemed clean OK but it had an average view and the balcony was very narrow.
The staff was not very polite, I would have to agree with a previous reviewer, it was rather indifferent.
Overall, I wouyldn't suggest this hotel. The prices are high for what it really offers.

Room Tip: Stay away from the second oldest building of the hotel which is located 400m away from the main building
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Georgia K
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We book to this hotel trusting the reviews and photos of this Hotel... I think that only the photos are true! You are going for holidays to relax from daily routine! Service of this hotel most of the times was mythical! The pool bar is LIKE self service because every time I was trying to order something from the pool bar I was looking a waiter to order but without any result!
The food of this hotel is VERY AVERAGE. The breakfast DOES NOT have halloumi!!!! And the first 4 days they did't have HONEY so we went to the market of the hotel and we bought honey for €4,60 the small bottle.
The dinner was veeeeery bad cooked and sometimes I didnt find something to eat unless salad which they have MAKE YOUR OWN SALAD. You buy your supplies for your food COOK IT GOOD!
I regret that I booked Half board!

The rooms are very good and the location is Good! The view from the pool is perfect!
They have a VERY NICE hotel but I think that the OWNERS AND DIRECTOR they dont appriciate it AT ALL!!

Room Tip: Ask a room to the receptions level!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loizoulo
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

After having a fab, relaxing time at the Theo Sunset beach in 2011 & 2012 we decided to go for a third stay.

Unfortunately this was a mistake and we didn't have the same experience

Whilst I agree with other comments regarding the affinity pool being great and the view into the small bay below wonderful and breath taking it simply wasn't the same when the Cypriot "interlopers" descended on the pool both Saturday and Sunday. They took over the whole area, using up the sunbeds and the kids eating their packed lunch in the pool, dropping bread as they ate. On Sunday 6 July a group of 8 Cypriot girls ranging from 14 to 25 gate crashed the grounds, strutting around the pool as if they owned it, preening themselves and taking glamour shoots! Seriously! I thought I was on the Towie/Geordie Shore set!!

I told the manager on numerous occasions but he simply didn't care! We were thoroughly disappointed.

Also agree with the comments about the Russians/Polish staff you didn't feel you were in Cyprus their attitude is as bad as it is in the UK and they still act like they are fighting the Cold War! They never smile and are extremely sullen.

The only good thing about this stay was the lovely Tamara, what a wonderful young woman, she was polite, helpful and friendly.

Unfortunately we won't be going back in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Mooria
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed there at the end of May 2013 for 7 nights and we enjoyed our entire stay there! The hotel was modern and nice, with a very nice pool at the centre of the hotel. We had a studio room which was a good size with a nice view over the sea. The food was also good, both breakfast and dinner. It was pretty quiet when we were there which was nice, and there was entertainment on 2 nights. The staff were also very good, always helpful. There was a small supermarket on site as well which was great for lunch.

Room Tip: Worth getting a studio room with the sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

stayed at the Theo Sunset bay for 16 nights, with some family. A family friendly complex, with good food and a beautiful location. I have stayed at Theo before and would highly recommend. The English are in the minority (ie high majority of Russians stay here), but its irrelevant as the hotel caters for all. Breakfast is nice, although could do with someone keeping an eye on some of food so it doesn't get toasted too much (ie sweetcorn!). Would be nice to have a Omelet service too but otherwise a good/fresh choice. Bar & Buffet food is good with lots of choice and a great deal on wine which suited me fine!! :-) Rooms are clean and basic. A little tired in places and it can be difficult to bath small children as the bathrooms are really designed for showers so bathing children in limited space is difficult. I didn't have a microwave or toaster but after a second request these were swiftly provided. Staff are friendly. Big thanks to Tamara who worked so hard! Grounds are well kepted and pool is lovely. Only criticism was the bank hols weekend we experienced where there were clearly more guests than the hotel and staff could take! it was like Oxford Street at a sale day and not nice at all! Bed was a little uncomfortable but not terrible. I would personally love a DVD player or just a few more English channels but then the resort would be near perfect!! aside from that i would most certainly return. Thanks to all for their help at a lovely place. I have stayed in around 50 different locations within Pafos and this is one of the best in terms of value for money.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are lovely. Ask for a ground floor if you have children and need to use a buggy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com
1  Thank Alison L