“Brilliant Holiday”
Review of Queen's Bay Hotel

Queen's Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kissonerga
Reviewed 19 June 2014

After reading the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor we booked to stay at the Queens Bay Hotel for a weeks holiday.
We were not disappointed
The location of the hotel is beautiful with excellent views, so glad we booked a sea view room.
The place was spotlessly clean, the staff welcoming and very helpful and while the food was a little samey we always found something tasty to eat.
I would recommend playing the games ( boules, archery and darts ) as it was great fun and we met some lovely people, it also broke the day up from just relaxing by the pool.
As it was my husbands birthday we decided to eat out that night at a local restaurant, SONNYS
i cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, the food was fantastic and very reasonably priced.
We have already started saving for a return to this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 514 right at the front, excellent views and no noise from above
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Poppyblue
There are newer reviews for Queen's Bay Hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is my Cousin & Myself second visit & it was just as good as the first, the staff are amazing so friendly helpful & funny. Nothing is to much for them. I have been all over Cyprus to the most amazing hotels but there is something very special about this one. We met lovely people & had a great time & laugh with them. You never have to get up & lay a towel on a bed there are sunbeds everywhere gardens & around the pool plenty of room for all the guests. The place is kept spotless . We arrived a bit late & had lovely sandwiches in our room for us. We certainly will be going back there again next year. Kristi in the shop of the hotel is amazing please go & buy all your bits from her.

Room Tip: Sea View is a must the views are amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Teresa A
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife first stayed here in 2012 with her parents. We decided to try it again for a week this time with me and our daughter.
I would really like to reiterate what she said then "Fantastic". I have been in hotels all over the world and this has to be in my top10. The staff were all pleasant and efficient, the hotel is absolutely spotless.
The food for all inclusive was acceptable with some good choices.
The only criticism that I have was the bed. we had a double and it was far from a pleasant experience. When we asked if they could change the mattress that was a non starter as the way I understand it most rooms have singles pushed together. They did however provide some mattress toppers that did the job.
What would stop me going back again next year - the bed!!
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank gibbs2009
QueensInfo, Guest Relations Manager at Queen's Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to put a review on Trip Advisor, and for putting us in your 'Top 10', we appreciate your comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel.
Regarding your comments about the bed, we always try to ensure that our beds are comfortable and they are renewed often. I will have a look at our records to find out which room you stayed in to see if there is a problem and if necessary replace it. Neverthless, if I can just say that each year we close the hotel and undertake refurbishments to maintain our standards. Last year we renovated all our bathrooms and sample rooms were also renovated, including replacing the beds and with thicker, more comfortable mattresses. This winter when we close again the rooms throughout the hotel will be renovated similarly.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here for a week and i have to say we had a very relaxing time .The brilliant service in all areas to the clean rooms it also has lovely gardens where there are sunbeds .The food is good there is plenty of choice we were all inclusive, nighty entertainment ,though this was not for us .Lovely veranda to sit outside with an amazing sunset Gentleman are expected to wear long trousers at dinner this ruling applied to some but not others shame .We have stayed in hotels that are 4 and 5 star and i have to say this deserves a higher star rating than a 3 .There is a good bus service every 10 minuets to go to either coral bay or Paphos .Would we stay here again yes we would ,

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view if you can the front of the hotel looks out onto the car park
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lindilue
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at the Queens Bay hotel for the first time in early June 2014 for our 20th wedding anniversary and my wife's birthday.
This was our first experience of an "all inclusive" holiday so we didn't really know what to expect but we were immediately impressed with the quality of service we received which started with sandwiches waiting for is in our room on our late arrival.
The hotel was in fact better than we expected as a 3 star and the photos certainly don't lie. The maintenance of the hotel is to a high standard and the rooms although not enormous were spotlessly clean with daily maid service and tea / coffee facilities included.
The all inclusive package was great value for money with only a few "premium" brand drinks charged at a nominal 1.95 euros extra. The bar was open from 10 to midnight and the food started with a very full selection of all types of breakfast followed by a good selection for buffet lunch each day and then an afternoon snack menu available foc after 3pm plus all day ice creams, milk shakes etc.
Dinner was the only meal we found less appealing as some of the salads where similar to lunchtime and the quality of the hot food was not always as good but there was plenty of choice and the Italian night was particularly good in our opinion.
In general re the food, there was something for everyone and it was certainly good value for money. If you like fine dining however, this is not for you...but there are restaurants nearby serving good quality food including Sonny's within walking distance where we had a fantastic meal with great service so if you prefer a la carte and don't drink as much as us then suggest you book B & B at the hotel and eat out for dinner.
Turning to customer care and service, well what can I say... Champagne delivered to the room for our anniversary plus card, birthday cake in the restaurant plus card, all without prompting and picked up simply from me arranging for flowers for my wife via reception the day before.
We also extended our room until 6pm on departure day for only 35 euros which then included our drinks and dinner that day so saving me about 70....
The setting of this hotel is beautiful, so much so we went to coral bay one afternoon and came back early as we were disappointed with the scenery and just wanted to get back to our beautiful and peaceful hotel.
Not many younger families when we visited and I suspect never too many as the hotel is a good 15-20 minutes from Pafos main town but then to be honest I wouldn't say that either Pafos or Coral Bay held much attraction as places to visit. Paris harbour certainly needs to get its act together and get rid of the tacky market stalls all selling the same rubbish.
Polis and Latching were more appealing and accessible via buses for only 5 euros return per person if you are adventurous. We did approx 130 km on the bus in one day and included a visit to Aphrodites bath.
So in summary a great holiday in a beautiful location with everything you need under one roof.
We met some great holiday friends including Les, Nasta, Sonia, Jacky, Kenny, Harry, Wilma, Lena, Diane, Keith, Sue?,Lorna, Graham, Vanessa and Fletch to name a few and had fun playing French boules, archery and bingo which I'm pleased to say I won...58 euros - and an all inclusive trip to the Caribbean (you had to be there!!)

Thank you QBH for a great holiday. Hope to be back some day

Sharon and Jim.

Room Tip: We requested a side sea view and ended up on the front but to one side luckily with a fantastic view...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sharon g
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My partner and I (both early 30's) have just returned from a two week break at Queens Bay. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and it is the most relaxing holiday either of us has ever had! The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and we especially liked being able to sunbathe on the grass (as opposed to the normal pool/beach combo). The hotel is exceptionally clean and there are always loads of staff cleaning throughout the day, including the rooms daily. The rooms are basic but there is everything you need (including UK plug sockets) and they are very very clean (which is the main thing).

It is mainly full of the older generation and apparently 75% of the hotel is full of regular guests, however everyone was really friendly and this didn't bother us at all. In regards to this, it just means that the atmosphere is very relaxing, no noise or music around the pool and not loads of kids jumping in and out of the pool either. One more than one occasion my boyfriend fell asleep whilst sunbathing and that's saying something!

If you get a bit sick of the same entertainment every night, Coral Bay is literally 6 minutes on a bus one way (lots of pubs/bars/cheap cocktail hours) and the Harbour is 20 minutes on a bus the other way. The bus stop is on the main road outside the hotel and you really cant get lost (there is a bus timetable at reception). The bus is 1.50 euros each way before 11pm, and 2.50 euros each way after 11pm.

The food is repetitive but it is all inclusive and so this is true of most hotels. As others have mentioned, there isn't a massive choice but there is always something to eat. I didn't know we could have ordered off the snack menu in the afternoon so this may make a difference. The drinks are very sweet and free pour, so you get drunk quite quickly!! haha but again, if you try a few different things, you will eventually find something you like to last you the holiday.

The sunsets are absolutely amazing and you get a brilliant photo opportunity from the terrace outside the bar (on the same floor as the reception).

The staff are brilliant in this hotel and apart from the relaxed atmosphere, they really made our holiday. Ivan is incredibly hard working (you will often see him start at breakfast and still be there at dinner), Pambos is a lovely man who always greets you with a smile and a bit of mischief and Yvonne is very accommodating. We mentioned that it was our anniversary and on the second night a lovely fruit platter and bottle of wine was delivered to our room with compliments from reception.

We are definitely considering coming back to this hotel and that is something we have never done before.

The only negative or suggestion I would say is that you will need to take your own beach towels as if not you get charged 2.50 euros each time you want to change them. Id suggest taking one or two with you so that you can wash one in your room and use the other one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Helen M
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for a month, again, being one of many annual repeaters at the hotel. It is a beautiful hotel in every respect, starting with the friendly and hard working staff, worthy of mention are Dinos in the upstairs bar who greets you with a cheerful smile and is especially ace in serving you with his delightfull cocktails, Nicholas with his great sense of humour on reception, Sonya for all her enthusiasm in assisting with her local knowledge as well as speedy service, Melina and Sophia are both always giving of their time to make a conversation even though they are always busying themselves especially at breakfast, and what can we say of Ivan!!!! He is so many things rolled into one, you only have to ask and you get, he meets and greets you with a carefree attitude which puts you at ease instantly, he is professional yet chats with you as though he has known you a lifetime! Antonis and Nitsa in the dining room are truly remarkable in remembering your name, and how can we not mention Pambos - if you are interested in learning the history of local dishes, he is delighted to explain all, a lovely man. Finally, after the sadness of David Dorrington's death, it was a great pleasure and comfort to meet his successor Yvonne,a really nice, friendly and approachable lady who is eager to learn as much as she can about the expectations we have as guests of the wonderful Queens Bay hotel, thus far you are doing a great job Yvonne. Petros a special thanks to you also for allowing us to experience a magical holiday in Queens Bay, our second home !!!! Thankyou one and all - Jo

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank barrhodes
Queens B, Guest Relations Manager at Queen's Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you Jo for your comments I have informed all the staff mentioned in your posting. I knew I would have a difficult task ahead of me following in David's footsteps but the 'annual repeater' clients were so friendly and helpful, this encouraged me and help me settle into my new role and I am looking forward to welcoming them all back again next year. Once again, thank you. Yvonne Sakels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissonerga
Cynthiana Beach Hotel
Theo Sunset Bay Holiday Village
Almyra Hotel
Almyra Hotel
#17 of 85 in Paphos

Been to Queen's Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!