“AVOID- Food poisoning !! ”
Review of Queen's Bay Hotel

Queen's Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kissonerga
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my fiancé stayed at the queens bay for 2 weeks from the 20th June. We are 28 and 31 years old. We are regular travellers and consider ourselves to be easily pleased. The hotel on initial impressions was perfect and we wanted a quiet getaway and were not bothered about entertainment. However this hotel turned out to be a huge disappointment particularly as my fiancé contracted serious food positioning and resulted in him having to go to hospital as soon as we landed. I also had an upset stomach for the entire time and I normally have an iron stomach. We ordered the seafood salad one day from the snack menu and the prawns still had the brown waste pipe running through the prawns, the sausages at breakfast were raw In the middle on many an occasion. The food in itself was so repetitive and we are both again very easily pleased food wise and very open minded but this was hugely disappointing. The pancakes on the other hand at breakfast are yummy!
The entertainment.....the guy from animation should be retired he is past it and is actually quite rude when you don't want to join in with activities and on more than one occasion called myself and my fiancé boring when actually we work hard all year and want to be left alone. That job should be done by a young person, all he does all day is sit and smoke and drink frappes. In the 2 weeks we were here they had an act that was on 5 times, take 2......they were horrendous and absolute cheese on toast. The entertainment was dia but to be honest we entertained ourselves.
Also with regard to dinner time unless you tip, the staff won't let you sit where you want there is a waiter Antonio who in particular is VERY rude and actually stands next to you Whilst your eating when your trying to have a quiet meal with a booming great voice shouting. Antonio has no understanding of personal space and literally walked into me several times when I was holding a plate, he is far too busy looking out for the people that have tipped him and doesn't want to know you unless you have. Both my partner and I Felt he was very very rude. He tries to usher you onto tables that have been reserved and we were moved and told tables were reserved for other couples.
The room in itself was basic but clean however if you want to have a cup of tea in the room don't expect you mugs to be cleaned for 2 weeks. We paid for a sea view and I have to say it was worth every penny the sunsets were incredible.
We are not the type of couple to moan or ever write a bad review but I have to say this food poisoning tipped it for us, my fiancé is still recovering and to be honest we couldn't wait to get home which is unlike us.
Evelyn, Dinos, and Pambos are fantastic and a credit to the hotel. Dinos makes fantastic cocktails and the cocktail menu at the hotel is more than sufficient. Would we ever return....NO!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EmilyRayner16
Queens B, Guest Relations Manager at Queen's Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

We feel the necessity to reply to this review. As management and staff, we are doing everything we can to ensure that everyone enjoys their holiday with us, which unfortunately was not the case with you and we are sorry about that. We respect everyone’s opinion, how extreme, unfair or even unfounded that might be. However, we cannot accept making such extremely serious and damaging accusations about food poisoning. The hotel follows very strict Health and Safety Regulations and approximately 350 people have our breakfast and 250 our dinner every day, if there was a problem they would have similarly been affected.
With regards to our staff we have very loyal and valued members of staff, many of who have been with us for many years and is one of the main reasons we attract about 1200 repeat clients from the British market each year of which we are very proud . Your point about ‘tipping’ is the first complaint of that nature we ever had about any member of staff and especially Antonis in the 20 years that he is with us. Similarly, Khaled our animator is actually very popular with our guests and especially our repeat clients who take great enjoyment in his dry sense of humour when playing boules or archery.
Finally, Take 2 of course cannot suit all tastes, but in general are extremely popular with the majority of guests as previous reviews on Trip Advisor might prove, and even bring along their own following.
Yvonne Sakels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,195)

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week with my boyfriend 21st of June till the 28th. We had such an amazing time. The place is beautiful and so close to everything a simple 15 minute bus journey to either the harbour or coral bay. The staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you! The food was lovely, my only moan would be that it isn't labelled at lunch time so I kept asking the staff what was what LOL. We were all inclusive and c plant complain about the food or drink. There's so much and something for everyone. I especially loved the lamb and the desserts. The pool area is lovely and there are such lovely views over the sea. The pool side bar is easy access and the staff are so friendly. We stayed in room 204 and had a sea view was so beautiful every morning. We went with Thompson and booked a few excursions which were all brilliant! Towel change is as you request too. And the air con in the room was brilliant. I felt so safe here too. Left my jewellery out the one day on the dresser to come back to a sparkling clean room from the maids cleaning it and not touching one off my belongings. Thank you Queens bay for such an amazing week . We will be returning!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank treezy12
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have stayed here for three nights in june 2014. Htel receptionist is very friendly and caring. Room is nice, but not special. Because we had a family room wit h the neighbours (who travelled not with us) there was moee noice. Very good beds and pillows! Nice bathroom, small balconee and very bad tv reception. Hotel aims on all-inclusive guests from Russia and England, which is less attractive for overnight guests.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArjanvR
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We have Just arrived back from Queens Bay Hotel, fantastic, one of the best holidays my husband and i have ever had. The hotel was very clean and very Well looked After. We payed a little extra for a sea view , so worth it !! We found Its the most relaxing holiday weve ever had. A big thank you to all of the staff, that from our first night made us really welcome, Ivan, Dinos, Sonia, Velchos, sorry If i have misspelt any of your names, but you all needed to be mentioned. A big thank you to you all. The best recommandation that we can give the hotel, is we will deffinately Be going back next year.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sally w
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Arrived on the 24th June - greeted by extremely friendly Hotel Manager & Receptionist,

Location & surroundings are excellent, Food beautiful, staying in one of the Superior Sea View suites, well worth paying that little extra,

A short bus ride away to Coral Bay (No: 615 bus every 15 mins) plenty of shops, restaurants, not to mention the views.

After chatting to some of the guests staying here - there are plenty of repeat visits, (some lucky enough to stay 3-4 weeks at a time), I shall certainly be returning - it's a little gem of a Hotel-

Room Tip: Superior Sea View
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank soniasroom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our 2nd visit and we,ll definitely be going back again. There is nothing to fault this hotel on at all. We had an incident one night where our neighbour had fallen asleep after having a few too many to drink with the television blaring in the early hours, reception couldn't rouse them so we were given another room for the night. Nothing is too much trouble for this hotel.So many people go back year after year,we will too.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are the best especially the ones at reception level as they have a terrace.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KayGrae
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went all inclusive at this very nice hotel where the staff are very friendly and always happy to help you. The food was plentiful and in good supply and the quality was pretty good as well. The hotel tried very hard and succedded in keeping most folks happy.

The hotel, top to bottom was spotless as were the rooms, the beds and furniture were of a good standard as well. The air conditioning worked well albeit a wee bit noisy. The cleaning staff do a brilliant job.

The bar staff are very good and remember what you want to drink even before ordering it. The dining room staff are very helpful and happy to help you with anything you ask for. There was a number of young members of staff just starting out and they worked hard at learning their jobs and were a credit to the hotel

The swimming pool is of a good size and is very clean and the sunbeds are readily available without you having to get up a six in the morning. There are sunbeds scattered around the grounds as well as down towards the small beach area, One point with the sunbeds was that if you sit slightly too far from the centre they will tip up. I ended up with a sore back when this happened to me. Not fun and an expensive visit to physio to have the spasm in back sorted.

The indoor swimming pool usually around 11 degrees is great for cooling off and fairly quiet I used it often and only saw one other person using it.

All in all it was a very relaxing holiday and one I enjoyed. The only slight complaint I have against the hotel is no alcohol free beer as I don't drink but like having one or two of this type of drink. Would I go back, yep I probably would and I don't often say that about hotels as I like to go different places and hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Eric C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissonerga
Cynthiana Beach Hotel
Helios Bay Hotel
Helios Bay Hotel
#16 of 85 in Paphos
Paphos Gardens Holiday Resort

Been to Queen's Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!