“Lovely Stay at QBH ”

Queen's Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kissonerga
“Lovely Stay at QBH ”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and opted for the All Inclusive option. We were more than pleased with everything the hotel had to offer. All the facilities were to hand at no extra cost, also the entertainment co-ordinator - Khaled - kept our days full of activities that we both enjoyed and continued to do throughout the holiday.
The food was exquisite, we never struggled to put a meal together from the buffet style breakfast/lunch & evening meals. All food was cooked to a very high standard with a mixture of english and greek dishes which were all absolutely delicious!
Our hotel beds were made every day without fail and towels changed whenever you wanted too. The cleaners did a very good job and were very thorough. The pool was lovely and clean, and sunbeds always available - which is great because with the position of the hotel you get the sun ALL day!
Can't understand why anyone would write a bad review about this hotel as we found it more than adequate and really enjoyed our holiday. Also a special thanks to Yvonne who arranged a sea view room upgrade for us only a couple of days before we were due to arrive!
10/10 for Queens Bay Hotel.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Andrew B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Greek first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me and my husband stay here for a week. We stay AI On arrive the hotel is spotless one of the cleanliness hotels I have stay in. We had a sea view room which you could not fault Are own sunbeds as well. Pool area clean no rubbish around. Sunbeds best I have seen no need to put towels down you could walk down at 10.00 and get a beds around the pool or in the gardens. There is no beach it is a rocky cove with steps leading down to a swimming area. Breakfast ok there is something there anyone would eat. Some fresh bread rolls would have been nice toaster are awful so slow. Snacks around the pool did not start till 3.00pm. Before that there is a buffet which we found to be awful salad if you love salad its great for you. The presentation of the food looked awful. Awful looking meat and chips that sometimes look over cooked and sometimes undercooked. On are 3rd day we were told we good eat from the snack menu but not till after 3.00 this made no sense at all. The food from the paid menu was great however chips still hit and miss. Homemade burger's were great if it wasn't for these and the tuna sandwich I would have starved for the week. Evening meal the set up was lovely the surroundings staff were great people getting dressed up for dinner then bang the food. Lots of meat nothing to go with again the presentation could have been better. The buffet was the size of a kids buffet We have seen in other hotels not a lot to chose from Don't think I ate a evening meal all week apart from chesse and cracker's. We found people came in and left as quick. We made lots of friends at this hotel we all had the same to say the let down was the evening meal. There is nothing outside this hotel so you will need to catch a bus into Paphos. Overall if you want a peaceful surrounds and a clean hotel this is good

Room Tip: Sea view rooms with low floor are the best.
3 Thank Pookie1963
Montrose
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hello
We stayed at this hotel for two nights on the 7th and 8th July 2014, we were pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness, hotel location and facilities. The food was fine overall but the one thing that let our meals down was the wine selection. The house wine was not to my taste and when we ordered a bottle of red from the wine menu it came chilled.A special mention for Yvonne Sakels who was helpful with my booking and then when I left my favourite designer beach kimono behind by the pool, she took time out of her day to go and look for it, unfortunately it was not found but I appreciated Yvonne's help.

1 Thank DeeZiner
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My partner & I stayed at Queens Bay hotel for 10 nights. On the whole we found the hotel very good, the pool & grounds were kept lovely. Our room was cleaned everyday & towels changed even though we hadn't requested clean ones.
The entertainment was poor although we did enjoy joining in with archery. We felt that we would've liked more pool activities. Personally I think it is a tall order for 1 person to be responsible for all of the entertainment. It gave us a laugh that he was also the magician & bingo caller. The evening duo ...take 2 another laugh, singing duo 1 night karaoke the next. I have to say we enjoyed the karaoke better than hearing take 2 drone on.
The downside for me was the food! I am a vegetarian & I have to say the food at this hotel was the worst I have ever experienced for a non meat eater. Nothing was ever labeled 'v' suitable for vegetarians until the last 3 days of our holiday then the odd vegetarian dish was listed on the evening menu. One lunchtime I politely asked what was out that was vegetarian, the waiter rudely splayed out his arms saying " it is all vegetarian" I asked what about the soup & he repeated "it is all vegetarian" there was pork chops on the buffet so it clearly wasn't! I was also very disappointed at the fruit selection. This consisted of watermelon every day with Apples, oranges, nectarines or plums no choice just 2 fruits put out every mealtime. For an island that grows so much fruit queens bay don't buy it in for their guests.
As all inclusive guests we found out from other guests we were able to order food from the menu at the coffee shop after 3pm this was brilliant, but we wasn't told from staff.
Also the cocktail list for inclusive guests was very limited...ok if you like vodka or gin.
Over all we found the hotel lovely I could even put up with the cheesy entertainment but the downside for me was the lack of vegetarian food. I didn't expect to live on salads for 10 days

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Booked a short 4 day stay here 5-9 July, all inclusive, booked through bookcyprus.com, and were not disappointed. From the moment we were met at reception to the moment we checked out we were treated fantastically. We stayed last year and hoped that the hotel hadn't changed. It has not. The room we had was beautifully appointed and overlooked the pool although we were looking over the area where the entertainment was it always finished at midnight and if it bothers you, you can always close the window!!! AC in room very efficient, room cleaned everyday including Sunday. Asked the chamber maid for a couple of extra pillows when we arrived and they were there within minutes. Food plentiful and varied, although as said before some guests still remove food from the restaurant even though there are signs asking you not to. Totally disagree with one of the reviews that says you have to pay the waiters to get a table of your choice in the restaurant. Utter rubbish, we were always asked where we wanted to sit and the maître d' and all waiters were very attentive. The best part of the evening was sitting on the terrace watching the sunset, drinks in hand. From the receptionists, to the waiters, to the pool bar staff to the chambermaids we couldn't fault a thing. We will definitely return again. Thank you for making our stay so memorable

Room Tip: Get one over looking the pool and chill out on your balcony watching the sea
2 Thank kenali1416
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

we booked this hotel thinking it had its own beach or walking distance to beach, and this is not the case at all. The only beach in the area that is decent is coral bay and this is a 15 min bus journey. However the buses are a 5 min walk from the Hotel and are good as they are every 15 mins.
The harbour and town again is 15 min bus journey.
The hotel is fine, clean, and the staff fairly friendly. The pool is lovely and so is the balcony's and views. its a peaceful, relaxing hotel and we did enjoy our holiday there.

However, very bad cons... I found out that all my credit cards and bank cards and some cash were stolen out of my purse, which I left in the suitcase ( hidden under clothes) I did consider using the safe, however as they charge an extra 30 euros for this in the room I did not .

the other poor thing was the food, mass produced bland cheap, and really horrible. We expected some nice Greek food but there was none, in fact it was very similar to other poor all inclusive food I have had in Egypt and Tunisia. over cooked pasta, rice, stews or dried up meat, ( full of fat and gristle)... the salads at lunch time and the tomatoes were nice, and when they served backlava nice too.

we ate one night but did check the food most nights and ate breakfast ( fine) and lunches most days ( salad) but could not face more slop, so thank Goodness we ate out every night in the harbour .Other wise it would have been miserable.. it seems to cater a lot for Russians..

however food bad and stolen cards very bad, hotel fine and kept lovely and clean, views lovely - everywhere very clean. a mixed bag really. Alcohol like much of Greece is "bomba"...

overall we enjoyed our stay but would not have so much if we had no option but to eat the food in the evenings.. not rated it poor because of the cleanliness, and overall nice staff and lovely views...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sonia N
Queens B, Guest Relations Manager at Queen's Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,
We are glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay at the Queens Bay Hotel. But we are extremely puzzled as to why you never mentioned to either reception or indeed even your First Choice Rep that your credit cards etc were stolen from your room. Indeed the first we heard of these missing items is on Trip Advisor, why? Also we do not know where you found the sum of €30 for the safe in the room. We have two safes available, one in the room at a cost of €12 per week or a smaller one near reception which is ideal for storing credit cards, cash and small items for just €7 per week.
In terms of the food, unfortunately we can never satisfy all tastes and on the contrary we get guests complaining there is too much Greek food but overall we do a large variety and generally the comments are good.
Yvonne Sakels
Herts
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I thoroughly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a relaxing break.
It won't be everyone's taste but if you are looking for friendly, happy and helpful staff in an extremely clean environment and a quiet time by the pool then look no further.
I traveled by myself and felt very safe and met many people to chat with. There is a very friendly, almost family feel to the hotel.
Nothing was too much bother for the staff, even my attempts to learn and speak a little Greek!!
My arrival at the hotel was in the very early hours of the morning and in my room was a sandwich and a flask of cold water. A very simple but welcoming touch.

I had no problems with catching buses to places of interest of which there are many close by. There was no shortages of sunbeds, no music blaring by the pool or endless activities.The beach (which is public) is very tiny and rocky and there is limited swimming there. However Coral bay is but a bus ride away and has endless sunbeds, lots of sand and the water level stays very shallow for a long way out.

There is some entertainment in the evenings which stops about 11.30pm. For those wanting something more lively, buses and taxis can take you to Paphos or Coral Bay.

The food is buffet style which although relatively the same everyday still has enough variety to manage not to be too repetitive and is cooked well, served hot as expected and of a better quality than many far higher rated hotels that I have stayed in. The bar snacks are nothing short of large meals, do not be fooled by the word snack and are very delicious.

The rooms are clean, functional and some have their own veranda with sunbeds. Such luxury.

I would definitely return to this hotel if I was to visit Cyprus again.

Room Tip: Sea view, preferably on the same level as the reception gives you your own veranda.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Frankie806
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissonerga
Cynthiana Beach Hotel
Avlida Hotel
#38 of 88 in Paphos
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,047 reviews
Aquamare Beach Hotel & Spa

Been to Queen's Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!