Queen's Bay Hotel
Theo Sunset Bay Holiday Village(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$90
Cynthiana Beach Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$74
Hadjiantoni Anna Hotel Apartments(Paphos)(Great Value!)
US$56
Priceline
Vrachia Beach Hotel & Suites(Paphos)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Pool
Hotel St. George(Chlorakas)
TripAdvisor
1,212 results
All reviewscoral baysea viewwater basketballcrazy spoonrelaxing holidaysmall bayroom numberevening entertainmentplenty of choicesnack menuplenty of sunbedsyear after yearthree starmeat dishesage groupinto paphosrooms are basic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at queens bay with my girlfriend at the start of August under an all inclusive basis. I expected good things from reading the reviews and seeing pictures before going but it far exceeded my expectations! The pictures do not do this hotel justice, the location and views you see from the pool, bar and restaurant are outstanding. The sun sets into the ocean every night whilst you are sat eating your dinner. Whilst on the subject of food it is a very good quality. As you would expect from an all inclusive hotel the breakfast and lunch get repetitive, not so much the lunch. The dinners on the other are very varied. All three meals where always a very good standard, and tasted amazing.
The staff are all very friendly and serve a wide variety of drinks and cocktails all day. I made the most of my all inclusive. Another nice touch was being waited on for drinks in the evening even if your all inclusive which is a nice change. All in all I haven't got a bad thing to say about queens bay, I think it deserves a 4* rating, myself and my girlfriend had and amazing time and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a great hotel situated a 15-min bus ride outside Paphos. This means it is peaceful and even has its own bay area, but buses (the 615) run every 10-15 mins from outside the Crazy Spoon supermarket either to Coral Bay (opposite the supermarket) or Paphos (same side as the supermarket) right up until midnight, so you are not isolated!

I hesitated for some time before writing this review whether to give a 4 or 5 rating, but eventually settled on 4. Firstly, the great many wonderful things about the hotel:

If arriving late at night on a package, you will be left some sandwiches in your room - lovely touch.
The hotel is spotless. The grounds, pools, restaurant, bars etc are near enough perfect.
The outdoor pool is lovely and warm, with adequate loungers even for the busiest days. There are few children and no music playing so the atmosphere is generally one of calm relaxation.
Staff are lovely, cannot do enough to help you, will top up your drinks without you having to leave your seat!
Evening entertainment is nice and convivial, again a relaxed atmosphere and very acceptable for a hotel of this type and size.

So, you may ask, why not a 5-star review? There were just a few things that I felt the hotel could improve:

In my room (209) there was an interconnecting door to the next room, which obviously was locked as I had no connection with the guests staying there, but the door was very thin and let through a lot of noise, including coughing, conversations at normal volume, the TV etc. Fortunately my neighbours were not very noisy but this could have been an issue.
The food was not quite as good as the rest of the hotel suggested it would be. There was plenty to eat each lunchtime and evening, but the dishes weren't as inspiring as I'd had at previous all-inclusive hotels (as other reviewers have said though, you can eat anything off the coffee shop snack menu if you are all-inclusive)
I paid €30 for a week's wifi pass as when I am on holiday alone I like to keep in touch with family and friends at home. Sometimes this worked fine, but other times refused to connect at all for hours at a time. For the extra price paid this could be sorted better.
The hotel advertises that it has a gym - again as I was travelling alone I chose the hotel specifically for this facility as it is an enjoyable way to spend an hour in the afternoon. However most of the equipment was very old, some rusty and broken, and the aircon in the gym did not work.

All in all, I must say that I had a superb week at this hotel, and many people would not be bothered by any of the minor niggles that I have mentioned. I would certainly recommend it to those seeking a relaxed, friendly hotel, the points above are just suggestions for improvement of an already very very good hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms from 208 up until about 214 have an extra-large terrace with a pair of loungers and an umbrella private to the room. These are the only rooms that have this.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Lofty_76
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Got back Sunday night me and my new husband beautiful hotel spotlessly clean sea view room worth the extra food was very good can sit where you like waiter service carafes of wine excellent staff our rep jill very good weather amazing lovely little shop run by Christine and her dad no faults apart from WiFi was overly expensive and very slow and there is a spy in didos coffee bar ! A woman at that would love to come back again

Room Tip: Sea view rooms we had 523
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikkinic87
Reviewed 7 August 2014

There are lots of positive things to say about Queen's Bay - it is exceptionally clean, safe, has a pool that is big enough for a proper swim and is a great place for a peaceful break even if travelling solo. So why only 3 stars?

Primarily the food, which contrary to other travellers I found to be uninspiring and in the most part warm rather than hot. The breakfasts in particular were lacking in inspiration and generally the food offer could have been vastly improved by having a live cooking station which has always been a fixture at all other all-inclusive hotels I have stayed at.

I also think that additional charges (room safe, towels, Wi-Fi) make you feel as though you are not truly all inclusive and cheapens the experience somewhat. Luggage limitations on most flights to Cyprus inhibits the ability to bring towels in your case, but the fact that you have to pay 2.50Euros every time you need the hotel towels changing mounts up over the length of the holiday and makes the experience a little less special. I also believe that people should be encouraged to use a room safe rather than tempting fate but the safe rental cost will act as a deterrent to some.

A couple of things to note
- EOS tours, recommended by the hotel cater primarily for the Russian market so you could find yourself on a coach in complete isolation. Although an English guide is provided, the entire tour is geared towards "get off bus take photo get on bus" mentality and you find very little out about the places you are visiting. Not recommended.
- The bus service from outside the hotel is excellent and gets you out and about for a couple of Euros.
- The coffee shop menu is available for all-inc after 3pm and is very good, worth having an early dinner here and skipping the buffet.

Generally I think this hotel is good option as long as you don't compare it to all-inclusives outside of Europe.

Room Tip: Sea View High Floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Misslottiekaye
Queens B, Guest Relations Manager at Queen's Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, however I would just like to clarify a couple of points, firstly the safes, to hire the lock for the room safe costs just 12Euros for the week, if you prefer, we have smaller safes by the reception which can be hired for just 7Euros per week, (this is approximately £9.80 and £5.75 respectively.
The beach towel hire is something new which we have introduced and not many hotels in Cyprus have this facility, we decided to try to help our guests because of the luggage fees and this has proved quite popular overall. We had to incur a small charge to cover the laundry costs of the beach towels and guests can change the beach towels as little or as often as they choose.
Yvonne Sakels

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This review is for the 3 days we were there as we had to come home early due to my mother in law becoming seriously ill and we were advised to come home.... when we first arrived at the hotel we were amazed at how lovely the hotel was, all the hotel was impeccable and i cant fault it on the cleanliness, the reception area is gorgeous and the views from the terrace and the pool area are amazing. the staff are polite and very helpful. the gentleman at the reception was so kind when he had to tell us about our phonecall to go home he kept apologising bless him.for our 1 day it was very relaxing and chilled out. . The rooms are a lovely size and they are cleaned daily by a nice patient lady lol. there is a smell of sewage at the side of the hotel where our room was but we didn't use our room very much as we were out all the time. the bar and restaurant staff are so nice and welcoming and very polite,the food is a bit bland and not a lot of choice but we always found something. the only let down i could find was the evening entertainment... it was awful but few drinks and it was tolerable just lol. the Thomson rep Jill Sygrove was amazing and helped us with our problem, we will be eternally grateful. i know its her job but still she went above and beyond for us, MANY THANKS JILL. All in all the 3 days we lovely and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: sea view room.. the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple