All reviewswedding receptionwedding venuewedding breakfastlovely locationbeautiful groundsset menuevening mealplenty of parkingbristolvaldiscocountrysidemotorway
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I attended a wedding at this venue and stayed for several days.
The location is good, the building and grounds are also very pleasant. The facilities for the wedding ceremony and reception were both excellent, well organised and nicely presented.

Having said this, when we first checked in, we received our keys and went to our allotted room. Which was in the old block and clearly was originally servants quarters in the roof. We stayed in it for about 15minutes before returning to reception and wanting a room change. We had to pay for the upgrade and all they had available was the second bridal suite. This was in the new block, and these rooms are spacious, well layed out and pleasant. Although the decor in this room was a little odd, with aged white furniture, I can't complain about the comfort.

The hotel has a nice warm pool, hot tub and other leisure facilities. The bar was comfortable and reasonably priced, given its a hotel bar. Very nicely done, although the layout of the old block could have been better.

I'd happily return here for a couple of days. Having said that, winterbourne is not very local to anywhere, and if your planning on travelling in the area a car would be necessary.
Possibly a hotel more suited to hosting events, than using as a base for visiting the area.

Room Tip: From my experience, don't accept a room in the old block. The new block is far better, perhaps less character, but better!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Ross A
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.
We are always trying our utmost to deliver the best service to our guests, and I am glad that we have made your stay enjoyable.
Mercure Grange is one of the most popular Wedding venues in Bristol and we have consistently been able to delight our guests with great product and service and will continue to do so.
I would like to assure you that your comments are carefully noted.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 28 January 2012

First time at this hotel and found overall experience very good. Very good location, M4 and M5 are only a few minutes away. The hotel is not too far from Bristol city centre either. Good food, good service with a small leisure club. Very presentable and tidy hotel for both business and leisure.

5  Thank Mike N

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much fort taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you had a good stay. You are absolutely right about the location of the hotel being so near to M4 and M5 and it is also in a close proximity to all big businesses such as Airbus, Rolls Royce, Abbywood and Orange.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Grange soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 18 January 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights last week. Managed to find a very good rate on Accor.com as the hotels around Aztec West can be very expensive. Facilities were very good with a small leisure club and very nice and comfortable public areas. Will use this hotel again

6  Thank Seb S

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review which I was delighted to read!

You are absolutely right that Mercure Grange is a lovely hotel with great staff and facilities. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

A very smart business hotel located Near major big companies in North of Bristol. Very nice facilities including a business lounge, quite areas and a very nice restaurant. The hotel is set in a lovely location with nice grounds. Overall very pleasant hotel

5  Thank Alan B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very valuable review which I am sure will be much appreciated by other Trip Advisor members who count on objective reviews such as yours.

I am delighted you had a pleasant stay at Mercure Grange. My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back soon.

General Mananger

Reviewed 10 January 2012

New Year package was amazing is highly recommended it. Great atmosphere in the Hotel New Years Eve, I liked the table decorated, the James Bond theme was a nice touch. Service was excellent, enjoy the food, the staff where very freindly.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Ncollins2005

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you and the rest of your party had a great time with us over the festive period. New Years Eve Party was by far the best to date but next one will be even better!

My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.