All reviews wedding reception wedding venue wedding breakfast lovely location beautiful grounds set menu evening meal plenty of parking bristol val disco countryside motorway
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Came here for my mates wedding thought location was excellent but very disappointed in room and price thought for what u got was abit pricey. Overall staff friendly but wouldn't come back.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Deon5135
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment on this occasion for which please accept my sincere apologies. Guest feedback is very important to us and I would be grateful if you would contact me direct so that I can investigate your comments in more detail and take relevant action as appropriate.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed for 2nights at the Grange on a B&B and dinner on 1st night basis.

1st impression was made by our check in experience, greeted by James and made to feel very welcome with lots of information made available on the facilities and local area. Couldnt do enough for us. Very impressed.

Our room was in the main hotel building on the 4th floor. Spacious, clean and comfortable.
breakfast on the Sunday morning was buffet style with the usual selections of cereal, fruit, pastries and full english. Monday morning was made to order. Dinner in the restaurant was lovely, with the choice of the set menu or value of the main menu. Bar prices not too bad either.

Leisure facilities are clean and Fatima who runs the area was helpful and friendly. Pool is small but enough for a quick dip and to take a jacuzzi and Sauna. Although jacuzzi not working for our stay.

Hotel is remote, but close to the motorway to get to bristol and bath.

Would recommend to others for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SLSNottingham
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback which I will share with James and Fatima and the rest of my team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Bris
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I visited The Grange Hotel recently for a Sunday lunch to celebrate my 50th birthday. As two of our party have coeliac disease we informed the hotel when we booked a few weeks earlier. I don't know whether their menus are normally marked but it seemed that they had gone to extra effort to accomodate the Gluten free diet needed. We had a lovely meal and the waitress was very friendly without being obtrusive. Beautiful location which added to the special occasion.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Debbie C
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on trip advisor. I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service and product.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Brilliant value for money. We were able to check in at 1030 instead of 1400 hrs. Great Service - nothing too much trouble. Three course meal was delicious and attractive. Fatima who works in the Spa went to a lot of trouble to give me a personal workout. Everything was clean and tidy and my friend and I have decided we will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jo Y
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you had a great time at Mercure Grange and that you were all well looked after. Fatima is a great asset to our company and I shall certainly share your comments with her and the rest of the team.
I look forward to welcoming you back Mercure Grange soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 January 2012

I attended a wedding at this venue and stayed for several days.
The location is good, the building and grounds are also very pleasant. The facilities for the wedding ceremony and reception were both excellent, well organised and nicely presented.

Having said this, when we first checked in, we received our keys and went to our allotted room. Which was in the old block and clearly was originally servants quarters in the roof. We stayed in it for about 15minutes before returning to reception and wanting a room change. We had to pay for the upgrade and all they had available was the second bridal suite. This was in the new block, and these rooms are spacious, well layed out and pleasant. Although the decor in this room was a little odd, with aged white furniture, I can't complain about the comfort.

The hotel has a nice warm pool, hot tub and other leisure facilities. The bar was comfortable and reasonably priced, given its a hotel bar. Very nicely done, although the layout of the old block could have been better.

I'd happily return here for a couple of days. Having said that, winterbourne is not very local to anywhere, and if your planning on travelling in the area a car would be necessary.
Possibly a hotel more suited to hosting events, than using as a base for visiting the area.

Room Tip: From my experience, don't accept a room in the old block. The new block is far better, perhaps less character, but better!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Ross A

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.
We are always trying our utmost to deliver the best service to our guests, and I am glad that we have made your stay enjoyable.
Mercure Grange is one of the most popular Wedding venues in Bristol and we have consistently been able to delight our guests with great product and service and will continue to do so.
I would like to assure you that your comments are carefully noted.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards