“Hotel fantastic. Leisure centre a disappointment.”

Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winterbourne
Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

On arriving at the hotel it is set in some nice grounds with a large car park. The signs for the reception could be better. However after a little exploring we found it. Reception were very helpful and polite The room was a good size with ensuite bathroom, king size bed, and sofa bed. The room was for myself my wife and 2yr old son. However the sofa bed was not made and there was no linen for the sofa bed, No problem. Reception sorted this and within a couple of minutes this was rectified. The dinner and breakfast were of good value and the staff attentive. The hotel has a nice lounge and conservatory area where you can relax and have a drink. Now the only downside was the leisure area. The changing room can just fit two men in. There is no shower area in there this is an open shower next to the swimming pool. The swimming pool is ridiculous as its about 8 x 6 metres and the gym is a running machine and rowing machine around the pool. The jacuzzi was ok but all in all this leisure area is out of keeping with the hotel and in my opinion an embarrassment to the Seb Coe name.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank The_Childs_Family
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Your coemments reagarding Leisure Club are carefully noted.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We came here for an event at it was superb, food was amazing, service was of a very high standard and nothing was of too much trouble. The receptionist even booked us a taxi at midnight which was very helpfull. I would definatley come here again. This place really goes that extra mile to make everything special.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback but feedback of this nature is really special and I am grateful for taking the time and trouble to share your experience!

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed for 2 nights as part of a wedding party. Service on check-in was not brilliant. Had to wait for 10 minutes before we could check in as the desk was unmanned. No information was given as to where the facilities were so we had to kind of work it out for ourselves. I didn't even know the hotel had a pool until i've read reviews on here! The room was very basic but comfortable. We were on the ground floor so could hear everything going on above us and next door. My bed was pushed up against an inconnecting door, so i was moving the room round at 2am so i could try and get some sleep! Breakfast was good, service from waiter was superb and there was lots of choice. The food we had for the wedding was also very good.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your full expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We always appreciate constructive feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours Faithfully

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Amazing stay with family.Helpful staff all round.Esp my 12 month girl had her first swim with the help of pool staff.It is situated in a peaceful place in the countryside plenty of walking places.The rooms are a bit warmer but had been fortunate to be in premium rooms.Very relaxed environment.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you had a pleasent stay with your faimily and it is equally pleasing that your baby girl had her first swim at the Grange! I have shared your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

From the South the hotel sign is after the driveway in but once there - Reception was brill.
Even with the two weddings taking place we were treated excellently.
Great to have fish option for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Fanastic stay lovely hotel staff are very helpful will return and recommend to others to stay. Rooms very comfy and the grounds ar lovely. Just to sit in the lunch is so relaxing nothing is to much trouble staff will help.

Room Tip: We just had a great time at the hotel staff very helpful hotel is in a fantastic location well done
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I will share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Mercure Bristol North, The Grange.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This hotel is not good. On the website it looks much better than it is reality. It is accessed via a housing estate and business park and is quite close to the M5. Our room was OK, but the common areas were shabby and it is obvious that the place relies on weddings for most of it's income. The worst aspect of the hotel are the staff who appear to be going through the motions most of the time and are at best indifferent to the guests. Also, the breakfast is distinctly average.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nick2453

Yours Faithfully

Mehmet Kandemir

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterbourne
De Vere Tortworth Court
Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel
Lodge at Bristol
Lodge at Bristol
#3 of 5 in Almondsbury

Been to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!