Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel
Holiday Inn Bristol - Filton(Hambrook)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$123
Agoda.com
US$78
PremierInn.com
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$117
Lodge at Bristol(Almondsbury)
US$110
US$103
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Bristol Filton Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$53
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Orbitz.com
All reviewswedding receptionwedding breakfastfriends weddinglovely locationbeautiful groundsthe ground floorrestaurant staffflat screen tvevening mealfood was lovelyplenty of parkingtea and coffeebristolvalvenuediscocountryside
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Spent a night at this hotel and had no problems. Having said that booked in and went straight out so did not spend so much time at the hotel. my wife and I did have a drink at the bar while waiting for a taxi which cost £10 05 for a small glass of wine and a bottle of lager.(if you want t get a taxi in to town it will cost you £20+). We found the staff very helpful and the rooms very clean. We didn't eat at the hotel so we can not comment on the food. over all nice hotel, great views and when we stayed nice and quiet,

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

kag710,

The team and I would like to thank you for your recent online review.

Upon your next visit to the hotel and the local area, you may wish to try our new menu which will be launched later this month - there are many mouth watering delights to pick from!

The team and I pride oursevles in deliverying first class customer service and ensuring that not only do we meet our guests expectations but also that we exceed them - we were delighted with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Arriving a lttle anxious after reading some rather poor reviews my wife and I were deoghted to find a very clean, newly decorated and comfortable hotel with very helpful and friendly staff.
Like most places, some decorating may have been needed in the past, but perhaps the reviews had the desired effect.
Pity it was a rather cold time of year so we didn't get to see the gardens, but perhaps we will get a chance in better weather.
Colin Read.

Room Tip: We had room 2016 which got the morning sun and a good view. No noise problems, but furthest from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Colin R,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide the team and I with your online review.

We were delighted to read that you found the hotel and room to be clean and comfortable.

The hotel has undertaking an investment period and we have two themes for our bedrooms; that being aqua and black and the feedback about both has been very positive.

The team and I were also delighted to read that you found all staff that you encountered to be helpful and friendly and upon your next visit to oursevles please feel free to explore the 18 acres of beautiful grounds that surround the hotel.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We were surprised to read the mixed reviews (some very critical) of The Grange, before we booked the Valentine's Package which comprised dinner, room and breakfast. However, we are probably biased as we had our wedding here in 2011.

The staff are friendly, our room (#403) clean and comfortable, plus the food excellent.

Apart from the closure of the swimming pool (which we knew about before our arrival but did not bother us), we noticed a number of cosmetic changes (e.g. removal of suit of armour at stairway and partition curtains in the Acorn restaurant) to the hotel. We hear that there is a refurbishment programme planned, particularly for the rooms in The Mews.

One area, however, in which I feel that the hotel could improve is with their wine waiter and bar service. I really should not have had to a) ask for a wine list with dinner b) call attention to order the wine and c) seek a member of staff to get a drink after dinner as the bar was unattended.

Two more constructive points (I hope) are 1) remove and replace the dirty/damaged large umbrella in the courtyard and 2) tell residents that the tea/coffee making facilities are hidden in a drawer (we only found these as we were packing to leave).

Overall, we had an enjoyable stay obviously reminiscing about our Wedding Day and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

KeithMajor,

I trust that you both had a comfortable and relaxing stay with us over the Valentines weekend and that staying at the hotel you were able to revisit the magic of the day when you were married here!

Myself and the team were delighted to welcome you both back and recieve such great feedback surrounding your stay.

I would like to thank you for you feedback on the areas to be improved - I have shared this with the team and we shall be reviewing this as required until we get it right.

Once again - thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more anniversaries to come!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've given this property three opportunities to get it right in the last 2 months and each time has been more disappointing than the last. For some reason my client has booked this venue on my behalf on a dinner inclusive package. I am not a diva and usually will not make a fuss but now I feel strongly enough to ask them to book me somewhere more, well, anywhere else.
The hotel is a dilapidated manor house at the top of a hill some way from anywhere. The hotel entrance is hard to spot and is only really identifiable by the smokers huddled under the porch outside. Each time I entered and exited, I had to run the gauntlet and end up stinking of disgusting cigarette smoke.
The rooms are dated - even the ones that have recently been redecorated are still frankly shabby in terms of the room fittings. I could overlook the shabbiness if the service was good. Any organisation involved in the service industry needs to remember that every single staff contact is a potential moment of truth for a customer who will endorse or slate your product depending on their experience in that single contact. Here we go:
Last stay I asked if they had any fruit and was told "No!" No explanation just one word - No. I find it Impossible to believe that a hotel has NO fruit anywhere.
I ordered soup and was asked if I wanted the signature soup or the soup of the day. I asked what the difference was and the individual didn't know!
There is nothing on the menu that even looks like it could be a healthy option. There are no low fat, low carb, salady-type options.
The telephone in my room didn't work which meant I had to get dressed again and walk to reception to order room service.
On the second night of my trip this time I stopped at Sainsburys and purchased a salad as I couldn't face another night of room service burned on the outside, raw on the inside chips and on check-out was asked to pay a £3 tray charge for the first night's room service even though my client was paying a dinner allowance which I had not used at all on the second night. They could easily have waived the charge and still made a good profit when I mentioned it but chose not to. This was a short-sighted action as this was the proverbial last straw. I am a company Managing Director who spends over 100 nights a year in hotels and whose own organisation books hotels for client events on a weekly basis, I will certainly not be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Piptothepost,

Myself and the team would like to thank you for your comprehensive feedback following recent stays here at the hotel.

We were disappointed to read that when you had visted that you felt that each time myself and the team did not meet your expectations and we would like to apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused to yourself.

The hotel will be launching a new menu next month and we are excited about the various dishes that will be available and we are confident that there will be a dish to suit all.

The hotel is undergoing a soft bedroom refurbishment and I was disappointed to read that you felt this did not add to the overall product of the hotel. Myself and the team have been collecting feedback from as many of our guest with regards to the bedrooms and overall the feedback has been positive and wecolming.

I would like to thank you for your honest feedback and let me assure you that there is further changes both to the product and within the team that we are currently working on and should you wish to come back to the hotel to experience this first hand then please feel free to contact myself direct; whereby I will be more than happy to discuss your feedback in person.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Disappointing hotel. Drafty and cold, tired and tatty rooms, exposed tacks and backs falling off the conference chairs, no mirror near the electric sockets, no plug socket near the mirror, someone's dirty soggy towel left on the back of the bathroom door, dirty carpets, mediocre food, woken at 2am and 4am on separate nights by someone clattering around collecting room service trays. A couple of the team of staff were really lovely, helpful and warm, a couple were exactly the opposite, particularly the waitress at breakfast on Friday and the general manager after I'd given my honest answer to 'how was your stay'. On the plus side, comfy bed ( although it wasn't changed in the 4 days I stayed), free wifi, free parking, and Kaitye the event manager was lovely. I wouldn't choose this hotel again. The swimming pool has been closed apparently and there's nothing to do in the evenings, it's just that bit too far from anywhere and the 'grounds' are uninspiring. I've noticed the standard response from the hotel to the other posts and expect the same. I think they should close for a while, do an overhaul and try again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Fildes6770,

Myself and the team would like to thank you for your recent online feedback regarding your stay with ourselves.

I was disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. In your online review you note that I did not react well to asking "how was your stay" - I would just like to note to reads that we did not meet during your stay however, I will investigate with the team who this particular individual was.

Both positive and constructive feedback is welcomed by myself and the team; with this we review our standards and service offerings where required.

The hotel is currently undergoing a sift bedroom refurbishment and upon your next visit to the local area, please feel free to contact myself or Kaytie and we would love the opportunity to show you first hand the recent chnages that the hotel is undergoing.