““christmas night out””

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Winterbourne
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
““christmas night out””
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I organised a night out for me and the lady's I work with. it was a good price for the meal, but the soup was very bland , roast potatoes were burnt, the other stuff were not to great either, the pudding was ok.. the drinks were very expensive as well, the dance floor was small to for the other groups. so I would not go back for a meal. they allowed ppl to drink on the dance floor until a glass got smashed, took ages for a member of staff to pick it up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Helen C
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Helen

Thank you for your recent review. We are just in the process of planning this year's christmas parties so your feedback is invaluable and timely. We will take your comments on board for this year.

Our Mistletoe Masquerade Parties this year are going to better than ever so hopefully we can welcome you back and show how great they will be.

Kind Reagrds

Josh Watts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in June for a business trip, and was very disappointed. On arriving at the hotel I thought I had made a good choice again as it looks amazing and is set in some lovely grounds. However, the inside of the hotel doesn't look like it has been decorated since the 80's and if the carpets could talk they'd have a million stories to tell. The rooms were clean and tidy, but again dated, and were stiflingly hot, even with the window open as wide as possible in both directions. Each morning I woke up feeling as though I'd been camping. The service at the bar was awful, with people stood around waiting and no bar staff in sight, and even when they did arrive there was no apology for the wait. I also made the stupid choice of paying for breakfast, for £10 a day I was expecting more having stayed in plenty of hotels and chains before. The first morning there was basically no food with new trays arriving containing as few as 5 items, I actually felt bad taking 2 sausages..... Overall, I won't ever be going back, with the amount of choice out there for the price I paid, I know I can have a much much better experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have to.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David W
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent visit to the Mercure Grange Hotel. I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. Although negative feedback is not always what I want to hear, it is only through receipt of such firsthand information, that improvements to our levels of customer satisfaction can be made.

Some of our rooms can be rather warm during particularly hot summer days. To try to combat this each and every room has a large fan stored in the wardrobes. I was particularly disappointed to read your comments regarding our breakfast. It is priced competitively amongst our local rival hotels. The breakfast is very popular with most of our guests. It would appear that you have experienced an uncharacteristic dip in form. I will be speaking with my Head Chef & F&B Manager to establish what may have caused this dip.

In the meantime I do hope that this has not permanently marred your opinion of the Mercure Grange Bristol North hotel. Please let me know when you might next stay, so I can personally ensure you have a stay that you remember for all the right reasons.

Josh Watts

Travellers are raving about these Winterbourne hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for two nights for a family get-together. We were a bit cautious when we read some of the poor reviews, but we had a great stay. The hotel is clean and well appointed and excellent value for money. The room we had was very comfortable. The staff were all very helpful and pleasant and gave us excellent service. Special thanks to Darren and to Val who responded to the every need of our group and kept us amused. We all enjoyed it so much we are returning in the same group next year. The grounds are pretty and there is plenty of space in the well maintained lawns for children to play.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor in 105 - I imagine all rooms are the same on that level. Although ther...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your very kind review. The team were delighted to read such positive feedback and I know they enjoyed having your group with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Redgrave
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just stayed in the above for two nights.

First night - taps didnt work in bathroom, tv was an interesting shade of orange BBC News just didnt look right with orange faces (:-). Food - ordered a meal and mineral water - they had to change because what was delivered was not what was ordered,

Best bit - checked out this morning, bill was for a single night with no food. Despite requesting the checkout staff 3 times to check this - result the same £90 for two nights and one meal.

When I asked who was the manager of the hotel - staff didnt know; but suggested I contact the HR Manager??

Does this sound like a 4 star hotel - your decide

Cheers

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike T
MERCUREGrange, General Manager at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Mike

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. I understand that a full VAT receipt has since been forwarded to you, covering both of the individually booked nights accommodation.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Josh Watts
London, UK
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had a 1 night stay here on business & l was pleased with my choice. The grounds are nice to stroll around in and the double room was spacious & equipped with a writing desk area so it was easy for me to catch up on some after dinner. Although l had booked a double room, the bed was a super king with a memory foam mattress & very comfortable.

The food was nice & hot and portion size was good. The breakfast in the morning had a wide selection and buffet style. The hotel may not be the cheapest option in the Bristol area, hut quality is definitely what you're paying for!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear ChelleBrailey,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Yours sincerely,
Mr Josh Watts
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Warm welcome. Very accommodating and in a beautiful setting. Attended our nieces wedding and the whole day was very well organised. Seem less changes between wedding, the wedding breakfast and the evening reception. Val was a fantastic member of staff and run the proceedings admirable.

A wonderful place to have a wedding. Thank you all xx

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for completing a review about the Mercure Grange hotel. I am very please to read that you had an enjoyable visit.

I was particularly pleased to read feedback regarding a specific staff member. Val has been at the hotel for a good number of years now and puts all that experience in to action to provide the best level of service possible. It was a pleasure to make your neice’s day a very special one and one that will be remembered for the excellent occasion it was.

I do hope that I can look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Grange Bristol North again sometime soon.

Kind regards

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel on business. I found the hotel in a relatively rural setting with excellent views over the countryside. A very peaceful hotel if you want to relax in peace and quite. The staff were very helpful and friendly making every effort to accommodate your needs whilst staying in the Hotel.

I would strongly recommend if you just want to get away for some well earned R&R

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor have the benefit of a door at the rear if it gets to warm
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you spending the time to give some first hand feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I value primary information as it is extremely valuable in maintaining and improving levels of customer service.

I was very pleased to read that you had a relaxing time during your stay. The location of the hotel certainly leans away from city centre hustle and bustle, making it the perfect getaway for anyone looking for a relaxing break.

Josh Watts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winterbourne
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel & Spa
The Bristol
The Bristol
#3 of 37 in Bristol

Been to Mercure Bristol North The Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!