“Good value and good food”
Review of Wentworth Arms

Wentworth Arms
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We've been a few times and are becoming regulars. Where else can you get 2 main courses and a bottle of wine for under £20.00. Don't expect fine dining but what you can expect is basic pub food well cooked and nicely presented. The landlord could cheer up a bit but on the whole the staff are pleasant and the surroundings are tasteful and clean.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

what more can you ask for from a lovely family run business and grate beer 10/10 top notch, food was excellent as I am told it all locally produced ingredients so looking after smaller bbusinesses.that's how things should be . Room's verry tidy clean sheets and good manners from staff wich make anyone welcome thanks hazel for a lovely stay we will be back from Adam

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We eat out in the locality most weeks, and I feel I have no choice but to declare this the worst meal ever.so bad that I couldn't eat it. Both meals took 25 mins to arrive despite a not very busy lunch , everything was so dry, except the fish that was swimming in grease and had no taste at all. Imagine food being left under a lamp? The tomato was so shrivelled that it was the high light ,it made us laugh it was so bad.
We never usually complain about anything,and indeed did not want the free desert offered,the only good thing about this place is the decent wine that is relatively cheap.
One can say you get what you pay for, but even at 11.95 for two meals it's not worth it. There are a lot of decent pubs/ restaurants, go there instead.

1  Thank Rose A
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Visitied the wentworth last night !! the menu has changed since i last visted and theres lots to choose from! i had a steak and it was perfect i would definately reccommened to everyone! very good value for money too!

1  Thank carlyunwin
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I have been eating at this resteraunt for years now, food is nice for the price and the refurbishment is lovely but I have to say the service from some of staff members is not always friendly and welcoming and in my opinion could be greatly improved, I think the owners especially need to learn some custermer service, as we are the ones that are lining there pockets.!!

2  Thank Loulou922