“Excellent value for money”
Review of Cheviot Hotel

Cheviot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Bellingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Although we didn't stay here,we booked in for a meal during our stay in Bellingham . A fabulous meal from start to finish,Very good value for money,nice atmosphere with friendly staff.Would definitely recommend and return if stay in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I wanted a rest stop near Kielder and this hotel met all my expectations. Great room that had a giant bed and well stocked refreshment selection. The staff are super friendly and looked after me as I was on my own. I ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was great, I pretty much gave the cheese board a standing ovation! 4 local cheese with hazelnut bread - scrummy. After a quiet night's sleep I was then treated to the best breakfast I've ever had in a B&B. Croissants, lovely toast, a selection of jams and a delicious scrambled egg and smoked salmon. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Bellingham during a camping trip, so never slept at The Cheviot Hotel. However we did have a wonderful experience dining there with what I have to say is some of the best pub grub I've tasted.

Initially we stopped there after a days walking for a quick pint. The bar area is nothing to write home about dark, dingy and a little dirty, but very welcoming and friendly. The price of the drinks alone meant we would return!
The following day we decided we had, had enough of camp site food and wanted to treat ourself. My small family and dog were of course limited to places to eat and decided to return to The Cheviot Hotel as it welcomed our four legged friend too. ( bar area only, not restaurant understandably )
The menu was varied and catered the tradtional pub grub, fish and chips, pie etc but also some exotic dishes with flavours from Japan and Mexico.
Being a bit of a food snob, I turned my nose up at the more exotic dishes fearing the worst and played it safe.
Bigger fool me!!!
We all shared nachos and home made dips. Nothing out of this world you may say, but try them. They were outstanding and the best nachos I've had. The dips were fantastic and really have it a colourful presentation.
I had for my main fish and chips and the rest of my family had burgers. They were almost as challenging as the trek to Hareshaw Lin. The burgers were some of the biggest and tastiest burgers we've tasted. All sauces were homemade not from a bottle. Again the presentation was tantalising.
WHEN I go back next time I'll be bolder in my choice and leave my preconceived opinions back home.
Lovely place, can't speak highly enough about the accommodating staff and the chef is a hidden secret in rural northumberland.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We have just returned today from a very pleasant stay at The Cheviot. We received a very warm welcome a very comfy bed and a tremendous breakfast.
The rooms are a little dated but the bed is huge and oh so comfy. They do not skimp on the tea coffee and hot chocolate in the rooms and there is plenty of hot water. A smashing place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Booked for a one night stay as I was working in the area. Throughout my stay, I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean with a very large and comfortable bed. More than enough brew kit was supplied. Some areas are in need of a little TLC (room bathroom, halls and stairs), but don’t let this put you off, as it very good value. Eat evening meal and breakfast in the hotel, both excellent. The hotel has a very good atmosphere with a good mixture of locals and tourist filling the bar. Would use again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The atmosphere at this hotel has to be one of the selling points. Each night that we stayed the bar and restaurant were busy which for me shows the signs of a quality place to be, especially when there are other places very close by. The food was of restaurant quality and could be enjoyed either within the bar area or the seperate restaurant. As the bar had such a good atmosphere we ate here both nights and were still given top quality service. The menu was diverse and most tastes were catered to. Breakfast was excellent again with a range of choice and local produce used where possible.

The room was well equipt, with the family room having a "Nespresso" machine. The bed was huge and very comfortable, room was peaceful and there was also a large TV if that is what you are looking for.

The staff at the hotel were very pleasant and despite how busy the bar was the owners did their very best to make sure we felt it a home from home. There is an excellent wine choice, which is good value for money, and some interesting guest ales. There were some excellent recommendations for what activities to undertake in the area as we had very little knowledge. Each of which were very enjoyable and inexpensive.

I would recommend the Cheviot for the overall experience I had, it certainly put some good finishing touches which made for a very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellingham
The Black Bull Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ridsdale
The Holly Bush Inn
The Holly Bush Inn
#1 of 1 in Greenhaugh

Been to Cheviot Hotel? Share your experiences!