“pretty as a picture” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Passford Farm Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boldre
Passford Farm Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 4 Boldre B&B and Inns
Thatcham, United Kingdom
“pretty as a picture”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife and I spent 2 days at Passford farm B and B an ideal location to explore the new forest with excellent facilities. Our room was very nice although it was in the loft space with some steep stairs it was very well appointed with a comfy bed and a superb shower and en-suite no complaints there. Everybody was very friendly and the breakfast was excellent .
Parking was great and we had a key to come and go as we pleased. 2 restaurants to recommend the Royal Palace for Chinese and Rivaaz for Indian. It is about a 15-20 minute walk into town but there are plenty of taxis. We had our bikes with us and the route through the nature reserve to Milford on sea is a must if you like cycling,bikes can be hired locally.

Room Tip: book early it does fill up quickly.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank EricGuy

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Passford farm is the most beautiful bed and breakfast we have ever stayed in, as soon as you arrive you are made to feel really welcome. We had a room on the top floor and it had everything we needed, tea and coffe facilities, a lovely little en suite and a really comfortable bed. It had a very cottagey feel to it with the beams and sloping ceilings.

We both said we felt so lucky to be able to stay in such a beautiful cottage, the breakfast was also really tasty.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank gemsz2
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Woh, what mixed reviews. You have to wonder what people expect from some establishments. For us, it was great. Friendly welcome, small but adequate room, comfy bed good shower. Breakfast was yum and the bonus is, its such a beautiful home.

You wont be sorry if you book this B&B, promise.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aussiedreamer2
pixiejoyce
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

What an enchanting B&B! As I am 7months pregnant comfort is top of my priority, and I take my V pillow everywhere! I was surprised that as soon as I laid down on an amazing mattress that was as thick as two standard mattresses, extremely firm yet contoured my pregnant body, I no longer needed my V pillow. We had two very lovely days and nights. Our breakfast was surprisingly to perfection as for a small B&B that had to cater for a large party that was also staying, the staff coped well. The owners recommended some great restaurants and pubs to visit. The cottage is very old and has all the characteristics and charm of its period. My husband and I always choose B&B's over hotels for their friendly, cozy, personal touch that I'm pleased to tell you lived up to our expectations. I have recommended Passford Farm to my work colleagues and friends and we look forward to returning.

2 Thank pixiejoyce
portsmouth, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for three nights and had a lovely stay. We found Penny the hostess to be very friendly and accommodating and gave us lots of helpful information on places to visit and eat. The room was small but completely charming in this17th century cottage which has bags of character. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept well. The breakfast was very tasty and well cooked. We would recommend this lovely cottage in its beautiful setting.

2 Thank pollywotsit
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I was totally shocked to read the most recent review from "portia58" as we were staying at this charming guesthouse at the same time as the above mentioned.
This beautiful establishment we found to be exceptionally well run and found the owners and staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating to all needs.

I am somewhat taken back by the suggested un-professional and bad manor this other couple experienced especially with regards to the breakfast experience. It is quite clear how to place a breakfast order and my partner and I were appalled and slightly embarrassed by these other guests and their behaviour towards the hosts.

Yes the rooms could be a little on the small side; but its a 16th/17th century thatched cottage boasting masses of character and charm- not a spacious London penthouse suite! Either way it is most adequate and well furnished for a most enjoyable nights sleep.

We found our stay to be very relaxing and one of the most cleanest B+B’s we have stayed in. In addition to this, our stay was complimented by the most pleasant of hosts who were always available to accommodate with our requests.
The only element that spoilt our stay were the demanding and rudest of guests who spoilt breakfast for everyone.

We would both highly recommend this beautiful B+B and feel there is no need for such an aggressive and inappropriate review of what is essentially a picture perfect cottage in the New Forest. The only criticism we have is that other guests can spoil an experience as opposed to the premises or hosts themselves.

We will definitely be back and anyone reading this should also pay a visit!

2 Thank tbrown184
St Davids, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

When I looked at this website last week, it showed an review for this establishment re bed comfort (terrible) staff (worse) but today when I looked, I couldn't find it ! My first impressions of the house - beautiful, but we waited for almost an hour to get in and our friends waited with us for half an hour, as no one home! Rang but was diverted to a mobile phone answer system. No one ever returned the call. No apologies were given. Showed our room by a male, then a female arrived annoyed because of where the male had put us, as apparently, we should have all been in "the Barn." Is that our fault? TV broken, but eventually replaced. Bed extremely uncomfortable. Complained, naturally and politely - reaction? I was told no one had ever complained before - that the Hotel Inspector had stayed in that very room that same week and he didn't complain. That may be, but everyone has different needs and opinions! I asked for a duvet to put over the bed and the second night had a better night's sleep. No offer of alternative room and I felt as though I had a cheek to complain about the uncomfortable bed! My husband asked for fruit juice and toast with his breakfast and we were loudly told in the dining room we hadn't filled our breakfast form in correctly. Hey, sorry, but we didn't do this on purpose just to annoy anyone. Would never recommend this place. We didn't even complain about not having hot water for the shower and basin in the little shower room on the Saturday night! We just couldn't bear the reaction we would have received after the bed saga and the breakfast episode! I felt as though I was intruding! If this couple realised it is a lovely place, with wonderful potential, and not to take a complaint personally but take it professionally, we might have come back. As it is, I won't return and I won't recommend the place and I've never said that about any B&B we have stayed in! I even apologised to the male for my complaining! I am annoyed because it cost £152 (cash) for two nights to stay in a place where I felt like an unwelcome guest and quite frankly that is not fair.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Portia58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boldre
Passford House
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 11 in Brockenhurst
The Spinney Bed & Breakfast
Daisybank Cottage Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Been to Passford Farm Guesthouse? Share your experiences!