“Close to airport and short ride to central city”
Review of Brentwood Hotel

Brentwood Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kilbirnie
Wellington, New Zealand
“Close to airport and short ride to central city”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Attended a meeting. Staff very customer focused.Room good size and restaurant and bar friendly. Older hotel with great service. Meeting facilities very good and we were able to relax in comfort around the hotel areas between sessions. Close to airport with own shuttle which was very good as taxis hate a short trip. also close to city ($10 taxi) for other activities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
BrentwoodManager, General Manager at Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Rodney B - thank you for submitting your favourable comments and review of the Brentwood Hotel. I am pleased that you found the service from our team to be friendly and of a high standard, and that you found the facilities to be comfortable. I trust that we may have the opportunity to host you again the next time you attend a meeting at the Hotel.
Anthony Dey, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and were disappointed however this time we found it to be very good

We booked a ground floor room with a queen bed and the bed was very comfortable and we really liked it

The airport pick up and drop off was prompt and excellent

We will be back again shortly and recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay close to the airport

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stegeb
BrentwoodManager, General Manager at Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear stegeb - thank you for submitting your comments and review of your recent stay with the Brentwood Hotel. I am pleased that your recent stay was enjoyable and an improvement on previous stays. It is good to read that you found the bed comfortable as we have been replacing all of the beds in the hotel with only one wing left to complete in the coming months. We appreciate your recommendation to other travellers and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit.
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Due to a late afternoon weather bomb my flight home was cancelled. After calling the hotel and booking a room I was pleased to find that the hotel provided free airport collection thus saving a taxi fare. And my driver was really lovely, very accommodating.
This is a very pleasant hotel with a huge number of rooms, a hint would be to ask for the ground floor rooms. And if you have a vehicle ask for a room with exterior room access to the car park, much easier for unloading bags etc.
There is a well stocked bar with an area for relaxing in very comfy arm chairs and a good sized restaurant. The bar area overlooks a large pool which serves as both functional and pleasant to overlook when enjoying a quiet drink. The hotel offers a small but good range of food options for room service and the service charge is minimal compared to other hotels.
Overall I enjoyed my stay, the room was large and comfortable, my meals were very good and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor and also one with outer door access for unpacking cars etc
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear thetubmans – Thank you for taking time to comment and share your experience after your unexpected stay at the Brentwood Hotel. It was pleasing to read that the Porter was accommodating when collecting you from the airport and that over all our team provided a high level of service during your stay. I appreciate all of your favourable comments and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I trust that we may have the opportunity to host you again should you pass through Wellington.
Wellington
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at the Brentford as I had an early flight out of Wellington airport the next morning. The breakfast offered plenty of choice and the reception and restaurant staff were attentive. The room was clean and included ea and coffee making facilities. There is a nice pool that would be great for a summer stay. The free shuttle service is a close five minute drive from the airport. My driver dropped me off downstairs at departures as it was raining heavily up on the uncovered higher level - nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
BrentwoodManager, General Manager at Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear WCOB - thank you for submitting your favourable comments and review of the Brentwood Hotel. I am pleased that you found the staff to be helpful and that our location was ideal for your early flight out of Wellington. I trust that we will have the opportunity to host you again the next time you travel through Wellington.
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently stayed here with a boys basketball team as manager and the hotel was great. Rooms were a good size and meals were catered for with athletes in mind. Staff were fantastic. My only complaint is the laundry - only two washing machines and dryers - with about seven sports teams staying at the same time meant some very late nights (especially when one washing machine was out of order for two days). Overall would highly recommend - great value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
BrentwoodManager, General Manager at Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Deborah J - thank you for submitting your favourable comments and review of the Brentwood Hotel after your recent stay with your basketball team. I am pleased to read that you were well looked after by our staff and that you found the rooms and meals were appropriate for the purpose of your stay. It was unfortunate that we did experience a fault with one of the washing machines during a period of high use as we rarely experience any outage with these machines. We were reliant on the supplier of the machines to arrange a service technician which resulted in a longer than anticipated delay to have the machine repaired. I certainly appreciate your recommendation of the hotel, as hosting sporting teams is an important aspect of our business. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you travel to Wellington.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here for a conference and unfortunately my first impression was a bad one due to the grouchy woman on the front desk. Just one (the other was lovely) and so I don't unfairly implicate others, the rude one's first name starts with a K and ends with an N :-)
In all the extensive number of places I've stayed, she really was in a class of her own - and surely in the wrong job!

All the other staff were fantastic, helpful and friendly. The conference room was well set up, and the food provided excellent. We stayed the night and the rooms are a bit dated but clean and comfortable. They are a great place for conferences, with their proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: If you can't climb steps, ask for a room on the ground floor: it is an old hotel with 2 stories...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
BrentwoodManager, General Manager at Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear WJKH - thank you for submitting a review of your recent conference stay at the Brentwood Hotel. I am extremely disappointed that your initial experience of our service from one our reception staff was rude and grouchy. I would like to offer you my unreserved apologies for this poor service you received and assure you that the matter will be addressed with the staff member concerned. We place considerable importance on ensuring our service is friendly and helpful, and I note that you found this to be the case from the rest of our team. While it is pleasing to read your favourable comments regarding our conference facilities and the meals, it is disappointing that your experience of our initial service has left a bad impression. I appreciate your feedback and trust that we may have the opportunity to host you again the next time you visit Wellington.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was our third time staying at the Brentwood and again I was disappointed and left feeling like they didn't want us there, all because of a few grumpy ladies on the front desk. All three times they have not smiled, acted as if we were an inconvenience to them for asking any questions. The other staff on the floor were the opposite and absolutely lovely. Very mixed feelings staying here

• Stayed July 2014
BrentwoodManager, General Manager at Brentwood Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Anna W – thank you for submitting your comments and review of your recent stay with the Brentwood Hotel. I was disappointed to read that our reception team have not provided you with the level of level of service on the occasions you gave stayed to make you feel welcome. I have discussed your comments with the reception team as we strive to provide a friendly and welcoming service throughout the Hotel, as you have received from other staff. I can assure you that we do appreciate that you choose to stay with us because of our location and that on the next occasion you stay you will experience a friendly welcome from our reception team.
Anthony Dey, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilbirnie
The Cambridge Hotel
#5 of 46 in Wellington
At Home Wellington
At Home Wellington
#1 of 46 in Wellington

Been to Brentwood Hotel? Share your experiences!