747 Motel
88 Wallace Court(Wellington)
Marksman Motor Inn(Wellington)
Apollo Lodge Motel(Wellington)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the airportnothing flashstaff were friendly and helpfulsuburban locationtvsinksupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed here for one night before an early flight. I was not expecting much as the price was low but it was worse. As another reviewer mentioned there was mildew everywhere in the bathroom. It was noisy and I did not sleep a wink as I didn't really feel safe there.
The owners were lovely I will say that but for me I could not stay here again. Apparently there are refurbished rooms but the one we were in was not and it was just depressing.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom in # 6. I would have gone somewhere else, except...

I booked this place to stay during the 2013 Sevens! By the time I realized my mistake it was too late to find another hotel.
I based my decision on their pictures (MISTAKE!). I was foolish and got cheap at the end of my tour. The room appeared to be ok at first, the bed was hard, but that I can tolerate. Puddle on the floor in the kitchenette-- someone turned off the refrigerator. Whatever, I can deal with that. Noisy without A/C-- My bad, I should have checked on that.

Get some bleach and a rag, and clean that nasty stuff up! Some mildew resistant primer and paint! You made enough on just my stay!

Room Tip: Ask for the room that doesn't have huge nasty mildew stains on the bathroom ceiling.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rudolfo699
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We were six in number looking for a good priced motel in Wellington...very hard to find.
Basic facilities, clean and close to bus stop into town, extremely friendly and helpful owners. A very good option for families, but if you want a relaxing pampering holiday this is not the motel

Room Tip: The rooms are much the same
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2012

My girlfriend and I had a fantastic stay at 747 Motel. The room was recently renovated and modern, clean and had everything required for a short stay. We stayed initially for 3 nights, and enjoyed it enough to stay the extra night while we looked for long term accommodation in Wellington as we had just moved here (Johnny was extremely nice to offer us the extra night stay for the same rate as the previous nights when we inquired)

It's close to the airport, and Kilbirnie has everything you need - a very nice small town. The bus stops are right outside the motel and it is no more than 15 minutes to get in to Courtenay Place.

Jonny was extremely friendly and helpful and we would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I enjoyed my stay at 747. Johnny and Summer are very helpful. The location is great. The new kitchens and bathrooms are very nice. Buses are very handy to motel 747 and the Kilbirnie shopping centre is also very close. The Tvs were very modern.
During my stay I was also able to enjoy many beautiful walks around by Greta Point and Evans Bay which were close by.

747 is also very close to the airport.

Thank you both and best wishes for the remainder of 2012.

Sandra

Room Tip: I found he rooms I stayed in were all very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business