“Top Motel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kilbirnie
Wellington, New Zealand
“Top Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I would really like to recommend this motel. The service is second to none. I arrived in Wellington later in the day & the motel proprietor picked me up from the airport. My room was very comfortable and clean, and they went out of their way to help me. The manager even went out of his way to book me a rental car for the next day. The service here is prompt and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank DES h
Johnny N, Manager at 747 Motel, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Desmond

Thanks for writing a review on our motel 747

we feel pride to receive this feed back , as we try hard to serve our customer at best as possible.
its been our pleasure,to getting recognised by our valued guest

looking forward to see you on your next visit

regards

Johnny
Mnanager 747 Motel & Rentals

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Ideal for short stay.Cant see these why in reviews people mouning and complaining about value for money.We are happy and come back again.This place is good value for money.

Honestly ,can not expect 5 star service after paying for cheaper Motel.

Room Tip: unit 1,2 ,3 and quite big size with good size kitchenets.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Johnny N, Manager at 747 Motel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thanks for your review about our motel. Totally agree with your comments "Good value for money", as our rate is generally the lowest in Wellington city.

Our ground floor units have bigger kitchen areas with cook tops for those who wants to enjoy their own cooking while they stay here, and our first-floor units have basic kitchennetts with microwave, toaster and tea, coffee making facilities.

Thanks for staying with us and giving positive feedback. Looking forward to see you soon.

Summer Y
Motel Manager
Wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Tidy room, friendly guy
Place is a little bit out of the main city but you can bus into it very easily. Cleaning staff opened door in the morning and caught me naked!! I didn't mind but it could be because it is quiet here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Geelong, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

A room was booked for three nights. At the time I was told that the only room left was the larger deluxe room at $125.00 per night. The room provided was satisfactory, but quite small. When compared with other rooms, it was obvious that we have been given a lesser room than we had paid for. Late in the second day, when we returned to find the bed not made up and no fresh towels, I asked the manager what was happening. I was told very bluntly they only supply fresh towels and make up the room every second day and that was it! He also tried to suggest that this was normal in New Zealand! When I said there was no notice or mention of this in the room or the office, and that we had paid the same amount for all three nights, he responded bluntly that there was no notice to say the rooms would be made up every day. Late that day, while we were away, fresh towels were placed in our room.
A friend occupying another room at the same time was first given a room which had a refrigerator that contained rotten food.
Their advertising contains the wording “undercover parking” – well there was ONE undercover park which had their vehicle in it – all other parking is on-street, which is shared with adjacent residential neighbors, which means that you may need to park 100 or more metres away at times – great when its raining.
Also there were no smoke detectors in the two rooms that I had occasion to go into.

Room Tip: Make sure you inspect the room before you hand over the money
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike T

Travellers are raving about these Kilbirnie hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

BEWARE- THIS PLACE HAS HIDDEN FEES. Paid $115 for a room through AA. It was chosen for convenience as I only needed a bed to sleep in for 6hrs. Advised at the time I wouldn't check in until 12.30 am on 26/4. Despite trying to confirm the booking well ahead, the motel only replied at 8pm the night before. Advised the was a $45 cash up front late checkin fee. Fee is not listed anywhere I can find in their website or in AA's website. Cancelled the booking but now fighting to get a refund because I didn't give 24 hrs notice. They didn't tell me until I was within that period. If they had been up front I wouldn't have booked. $160 is far too much for something like this.

Not honest or up front with their fees. Owner is abrupt and won't discuss the matter. Not honest business practices.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

This motel is old and shabby - badly in need of bringing up to date.
Tried to check in early and were told we could - but then the room was not ready when we arrived.
Asked for an iron - was presented with an ancient iron with a dirty sole plate and an ironing board that collapsed and could not be made to stay up.
The double bed was pushed hard against a wall, which made it difficult for the person near the wall to get in and out.
The walls are not noise proof.
All facilities basic - the table might have been re-made from a rubbish collection.
HOWEVER - the one saving grace - comfortable bed and clean sheets (horrible smelly towels and tea-towels though). And it's close to bus route, shops, airport, so you can leave it for the day.
Wi-fi exists but impossibly slow.
Don't know how it got a star rating! (Not all that cheap, either.)

Room Tip: I don't think there is such a thing at this motel.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Blenheim, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before an early flight. I was not expecting much as the price was low but it was worse. As another reviewer mentioned there was mildew everywhere in the bathroom. It was noisy and I did not sleep a wink as I didn't really feel safe there.
The owners were lovely I will say that but for me I could not stay here again. Apparently there are refurbished rooms but the one we were in was not and it was just depressing.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilbirnie
Brentwood Hotel
Distinction Wellington, Century City Hotel
Airport Motel
Airport Motel
#39 of 46 in Wellington

Been to 747 Motel? Share your experiences!