“French Love!”

Lilikoi Garden Cafe
Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Papetoai
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our polynesian "roulotte"! In the shade of our coconut grove you will find home made delicacies to enjoy in our garden or to take away to the beach. Open everyday from 11am to 3pm and from 6.30Pm to 8.30Pm on wednesday, thursday and friday night. You will also discover a tiny shop in a gypsy caravan My Little Coconut Shop with local art craft. Come and ENJOY my cuisine, I use fresh local produce and make fresh ice cream and cake everyday. My receipes are a mix of french, japanese and american influences. See you soon at Lilikoi!!!
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We loved this tiny French cafe. Lilikoi is just down the street from the Hilton Moorea-thank goodness, because we were just not impressed with the hotel food. Go out of the front entrance of the hotel, turn right on the road and walk about 3-5 minutes-you will see a sign for the restaurant and a long driveway on your left. Turn down the road and keep walking past the first house on the left and you will see picnic tables and a roulotte. On your right is a beautiful coconut palm grove. Please understand that this is a cultural experience and not for people who need fancy-but if you don't mind sitting outside and bringing your own wine, and you love good honest food, then this place is for you. We ate here 3 times for lunch and once for dinner. If they had been open every night, we would have returned for sure. Joe is the cook-he does not speak a lot of English, but enough to get by. Previously he cooked at the Hilton and the man is so very sweet and knows his way around the kitchen. The recipes however, belong to the wonderful Lili. There is a cat here who really loves shrimp and if he starts to bother you by jumping up on the chair or rubbing your legs, just ask for them to put him away and they will. If you go at night-take a flashlight because it is quite dark. Take a chance on this place and you will be glad you did!

We had a variety of panini type hot sandwiches-curry chicken, fig and goat cheese and a grilled chicken with pesto-all were superb-fresh crusty bread and the sauces were heavenly. They also had hamburgers topped with fresh pineapple and more substantial entrees each day. One day Lili had made a fresh lime cake-we paired it with her homemade mango ice cream-soooo good. The night we had dinner there, my husband had ginger sesame chicken and I had the shrimp-both come with a generous helping of rice-scrumptious! That night we had more ice cream-great! We returned the next day for the promise of fresh lime pie-it was a lot like key lime, just better-we asked for seconds. They also make ginger limeade that is great, AND the cold drinks like diet coke are only $1.75 when they are $4.00 at the resort.

1  Thank LATaz
mozgap, Propriétaire at Lilikoi Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hello from Lilikoi,

Thank you so much for your message. I'm really happy that you liked my café a lot.
I'm sure you had a great time in Moorea.
I hope to see you again in the future,

Sunny regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Tired of pricey food. Visit this little roulotte in the garden of her home. 5 minute walk

We had panini. They were good but didnt have enough to differentiate it. Griĺled bread sandwich. Our mistake. Try fresh fruit or something with local flair.

Have a soft drink. Or fruit juice. Owner of shop converted a former coconut palm plantation to their farm and homestead. Talked to her about life in Moorea.

Time well spent.

Likely only appropriate for those from hilton.

Maruru, thank you for your message.
I'm sure you had a great time in Moorea, I hope to see you again at Lilikoi!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a wonderful lunch here. We walked from the Hilton and were pleasantly surprised at the selection, quality of the food and service. It is like a picnic in paradise. Very informal, but very good.

1  Thank Fairfax_Travelers

Thank you so much for your message, I love pic nic in the garden too!!
Hope to see you soon in Moorea!!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I were on our 10 day Honeymoon in Moorea and we discovered this place towards the end our trip. I wish I would have known sooner since we would have eaten here every day!! It's really close to the Hilton Resort (when you leave the hotel take a right and it's a 3 min walk). The food is amazing and you can't beat the prices. We had a variety of dishes such as the shrimp and rice, sandwiches, chicken, ice cream and burgers which were all handmade and AMAZING. On our last day we finished our meals and instead of ordering dessert....we got another burger, haha! Can't wait to visit again when she opens up her second shop. Much love and keep doing what you are doing :)

Maruru Thank you so much!!!
See you soon in Moorea!!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Maybe it's because we're Asian, but we were ripped off by this harlot. I'm not sure how she's getting all of these great reviews, but our experience was horrible.

First, she BSs about how her ice cream is homemade as she takes out a container of supermarket ice cream.

Second, she scrapes out the ice cream and sorbet, and says it's difficult to scoop because it's still hard... So we end up with probably five tablespoons of the garbage.

Then she tells us our $13 ice cream is $24. After we call her out on it, she giggles to herself and says, "oh sorry... My math isn't great".

Horrible. Stay away... Unless you like to get hosed like swine in a mud bath.

2  Thank raycifer
mozgap, Propriétaire at Lilikoi Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

What a surprise to read your message, I do not understand all your anger about me. You came with your family I explained you that I just opened the café and that I will be happy to cook for you even if it was early. You ordered ice cream 2 scoops for about 6 people and one drink that's fine for me. Then you told me you had no pacific franc so I offered you to pay in dollars I made a mistake doing the exchange rate and told you I was sorry. You did not like my ice cream fine!!
I invite you in my kitchen so you can see that they are home made. The container I use to store my ice cream does look like a ice cream container yes that's the regulation here store ice cream in white plastic container!!
You can also see that I make ice cream with the fruits I have here on the island!

For the fact of being Asian I have no problem at all with that the best way to explain you that I respect asian people a lot is the fact that my husband is asian american too!!
So sorry for the bad experience, I hope you had a great time on Moorea and that you enjoyed your holidays!!