We had booked the Intercontinental for a 1-night stay before getting on board the Paul Gauiguin for a week-long cruise in French Polynesia. Our flight arrived at 5 am, and it was close to the airport (although the taxi fare was stil $25!!). We were greeted by a very friendly reception agent who immediately provided us with chilled juice. Not surprisingly, our room was not ready, but he quickly offered us the use of the "Transit room" to shower and change. We stored our bags, and wandered the beautiful property.
The 'Lagoonarium' provides lovely sheltered sampling of fish, visible from the deck or by snorkel. The grounds are perfectly manicured, and the double hammock provided a great place to lounge. In fact, our room was ready before 11 AM (although check in time was supposed to be much later). Our room was an inexpensive garden view, but it actually looked out over another lagoon on the other side of the hotel. It was very clean and functional and had all the necessary amenities including fridge.
We ate at the restaurant that night - food was very good. It was our first meal out, so the prices were still rather shocking to us but service was good. In fact, there was a great polynesian dancing show afterwards that made it more of a good value.
One tip - we walked about 2 km to a grocery store and bought things for breakfast, as we didn't want to pay >$40 for the buffet.
The next day, we were able to hang around and use the facilities again before going off to the ship. Very pleasant!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travelbag, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia