InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa
  • Pool
US$303
US$294
  • Beachfront
Hotel Les Tipaniers(Moorea)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$159
Agoda.com
Hotel Kaveka(Maharepa)
US$194
US$188
  • Beachfront
Village Temanoha(Cook's Bay)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$324
US$309
  • Pool
US$447
US$423
TripAdvisor
Green Lodge(Moorea)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
2,690 results
All reviewsswim up barbeach bungalowturtle sanctuaryour honeymoonfrench polynesiafishdolphin experiencedolphin centremain buildingdolphins and turtleslanai roomwelcome drinkmain beachlocal restaurantsconcierge staffgolf carttransit room
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the intercontinetal with my partner for a couple of nights in a premium over water bungalow. We were very very excited for this accommodation and we were not let down. Perfect un obstructed view of the lagoon and the mountains to the right from our room. The two levels to the deck were perfect, we would sit on the lower one and watch the fish swim by, or relax on the deck chairs on the top deck. The room was very nice but we spent most of our time outside!
The resort beach was great, had a great atmosphere in the afternoon with music playing, all the chairs by the pool were always taken though! We used the free kayaks and had a fun trip around the resort lagoon. The buffet breakfast had a great view, I would recommend including this in your deal as we didn't and it was expensive. Dinner on the lower level restaurant also had a great atmosphere with music playing and pretty good food.
We had an amazing time at this resort, staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the grounds beautiful and accommodation perfect. We also saw all the other resorts overwater bungalows and liked the fact ours had two spacious levels to the deck and water deep enough to snorkel in, we saw so many fish!
Would recommend to anyone!

Stayed: July 2014
Thierry B, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to read your comments and see that you have taken back with you some wonderful memories.
You sum it up perfectly: a big slice of friendliness, a great touch of tropics and a small piece of this little something which gives our property its’ unique atmosphere.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to our small piece of paradise …

Kind sunny regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I were both very pleased with our stay at the InterContinental. We stayed in an overwater bungalow and had a great time sitting on the deck in the lounge chairs. We woke up aroud 5-530 everyday so we could sit outside, drink a cup of coffee, and watch the sunrise, as our bungalow faced the sunrise perfectly. We also loved swimming/watching/feeding the thousands of fish right below our deck. We saw a large variety of fish as well as at least a couple turtles, sharks and sting rays everyday. The room was pretty clean and taken care of each day, and a bottle of water was also left in our room.

Both of the restaurants here are ok. We thought the restaurant upstairs (Fare Nui I believe?) was decent, but we were not overwhelmed with our dishes we had for dinner, especially since this is the more expensive restaurant. The downstairs restaurant (which also serves the bar) we thought was much better. We ate here for lunch maybe 3-4 times (including the bar visits) and were pleased each time. I very much enjoyed the mahi mahi burger, regular cheeseburger, and the other fish sandwich. The only thing I didn't like here was the guacamole at the bar. It was a weird extremely smooth green and was served with Doritos. Not my vision of guacamole. We also ate at the BBQ dinner on Wednesday and had a good time. There was a pretty good assortment of food and the show was entertaining. I think everyone should do it, even though it is a bit expensive (about $200).

Both my wife and I's favorite part of the trip was the breakfast buffet at the hotel. We would get there every morning at 6:30 (when it opens) and get a table in the front so we could look out towards the ocean. They have a great spread of American dishes (eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, etc.) along with fresh fruit, an omelet station, and either fresh pancakes or crepes. But by far the best part was the bread selection. There was croissants, chocolate croissants, apple turnovers, coconut bread, french bread, and about 5-6 others I don't remember the name of. Every day I ate at least 10-15 pieces of bread and could not have been happier. It was what I looked forward to each day :)

Overall I would recommend the hotel. We had a fabulous time and were pleased we picked the IC. We had a few locals tell us that the IC is the best hotel on the island and has some of the best restaurants around it, (although I don't know how much that means as our expectations are vastly different than theirs) however I definitely take it as a positive.

Also I've heard some people say one of the downfalls of the IC is that the overwater bungalows are not 'true' over water bungalows as you don't walk out on a pier to get to them. I had second thoughts about this as well before we left but I have to say it doesn't matter at all. I actually think it is a major positive. It allows the rooms to be spread apart so each room is more secluded that than the others. I noticed at the Hilton all the rooms are very close, so if you go into the water you are within a few feet of multiple other bungalows. Here this is not the case. You are spread out and you have a lot of privacy. Also at the end of the day each one had a balcony and a ladder than goes into the water and this is what you really look for when you go to FP.

Room Tip: We had over water bungalow 522 and loved it. It was at the end of the complex and we could only see one other room from our deck.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mitchell08

Dear Mitchel,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback, and congratulations for the job done : it is worth a press article ! This is simply us. No praise to the skies, no excessive criticism. No exaggeration in a way or another, just honestly observed and reported facts.

It seems you spent some good time in our island and you enjoyed its diversity. Isn't it the purpose of a trip ?

With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great hotel. We had breakfast included deal(which is good food is pricy) selection was fabulous and very tasty. We ate at the restaurant on the hotel every night because it was easy. We stayed in the regular room in the hotel area for 4nights and enjoyed every min. The room was big and clean and VERY quiet. The staff were all very nice and friendly.
TIP- Water is very expensive just go to the end of the driveway and there is a shop that sells grocery way cheaper...just down the road as well there is a grocery store that you can buy a bit of food/snacks/drinks to save money.
The food at the restaurant was A+ but expensive yes but approx. the same price as every where else in the area.
We went to COCO beach which you can get a little boat to and eat there and snorkeled it was fun and the food was tasty.
Also we did the Fire show/buffet supper at the hotel which is offered one night a week I believe it was terrific and would totally recommend.
This hotel was a very quiet way to start our journey in this area. There is snorkeling right off the beach which is nice, also the dolphins and turtles
One complaint. -There was much confusion the day we left about times that we were to get taxi back to Tahiti to catch our Paul Gauguin Cruise. It seemed people were leaving at all different times and so if that's why you are staying here to join to the cruise just make sure you check out the times are correct when you are leaving.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Next time we would totally do the bungalow style they just looked amazing!....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was such a please to welcome you to our small piece of paradise ! I am glad you enjoyed your experience in our Resort.
Your very appreciative comments are being shared with our entire team as we all feel a great sense of satisfaction and joy in knowing that we have collectively ensured that you really enjoyed your stay with us and that you intend to return.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

A wonderful winter getaway. Beach was ok. That was made up by the wonderful snorkelling. Good water sports for those 'active relaxers'. The dolphin center and the opportunity to touch these beautiful creatures is an awesome experience. Our beach bungalow was tidy. Our only complaint was the pump house outside our bungalow that hummed away at times overnight which woke us. Good kids menus for those who aren't keen to try something new. The ice cream has to be the best in the WORLD!! You HAVE to try it!! The staff are so friendly and helpful. Thanks so much for your smiles and genuine desire to serve us. As Kiwis we appreciate that.

• Stayed: July 2014
Thierry B, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,

This is with pleasure that I read your beautiful comment on your stay in our Hotel.
I transmitted your feedback to our different departments, as a reward of their hard work to make your stay an unforgettable experience.

We all sincerely hope to get a new opportunity to welcome you again one day !

Warm sunny regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just came back from moorea, we have stay there for five night and four days. the resort is so beautiful and so relaxing. but, there is no night life everything close early. no nightclub and the bar close early. but, everything else is so perfect. we stay in the bungalow and I was so shock that the wall is so thin I can hear everything from the outside. they need to sound proof at least the room and the bathroom. and talking about the mosqito at night outside the bungalow if you want to hangout side you bungalow you better putting on mosquito repellent. also, the bungalow toilet door is weird. they should make the door smaller or make a curtain. so, easy to open and closed. also, make the power outlet 110 voltage couple slot. but, overall the resort is very nice and beautiful to stay at if I get chance I would come back again.

Room Tip: if you want to see the dolphin, you must book the room 501-505.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BIGBEARONVATION
Thierry B, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your stay and for general appreciation. The simple desire to come again shows that you enjoyed your time with us and I am delighted to know that.

Moreover; comments like yours are very valuable to us because they allow us to improve ourselves and to take actions on particular detail, based on our Guests' experience.

We hope to see you back one day.
Until then take care.