My wife and I arrived after touring New Zealand by campervan the previous 2 weeks. We had booked an over-the-water bungalow and also have Ambassador status with the hotel chain. We were given what we booked but the auto-upgrade did not apply as this was their highest tiered room. We were made to relax and enjoy our welcome beverages when we arrived as our room was a prepared. We were escorted by golf cart to our bungalow and our welcome gift (fruit platter) was in the room when we entered. The views were perfect. The tide was somewhat dramatic offering new views throughout the day and night.
The restaurant food and room service food was basically the same (food quality and price). By our third night, we realized that we didn't even want to leave our room and ordered room service quite frequently. Everything was expensive relatively speaking - meals around $100 each and drinks in the $25 range. Even the breakfast buffet was approx. 50USD if ordering al la carte. Would recommend booking with the breakfast included, as we did.
Just across the street, we were able to purchase beer and liquor and we stocked our own minibar, which was convenient. Besides, we had to get out for a walk each day anyway. Also had lunch down the street - and the fish was amazing at a fraction of resort prices.
If you're silly enough to waste time on the internet while here, you can do it for free if you're an IHG rewards member. Otherwise, they offered internet access for a daily fee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, IHG, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia