Stop #1 (of 5) of our French Polynesian honeymoon. Stayed 4 nights. Overwater Bungalow
This was a great 1st stop and overall, a very good hotel (Intercon. standards). ROOMS were very nice, beautiful deck with a sitting area to watch the sunset. Water around bungalow is shallow enough to walk on ground but you need water shoes. It's very rocky and lots of sea cucumbers roaming around (eww). Be careful of cats! They walk around the property and are very friendly. We named the one that kept coming by bungalow "Pierre". Usually they are ok but I heard stories of couples petting them and letting them in to their bungalow and then can't get rid of them after. ACTIVITIES are cheaper here than on Bora Bora or Taha'a so we did the ATV and the whale/dolphin watch + motu lunch here. Both lots of fun. Guides were wonderful. there's also a dolphin center which was really cool but expensive if you wanted to swim with them. FOOD was good but nothing special. We really enjoyed the "poisson cru", local traditional dish consisting of raw tuna, vegetables and coconut milk on rice. We found the food repetitive after a while so went off the resort for dinner twice.
It's pretty far from the airport (45 min drive) compared to the Hilton, which is pretty annoying. It's also far from the main town, where there are lots of restaurants (and cabs are not that cheap... it was around $30-40 each way to the Hilton - which is closer to the town). Closer restaurants provide shuttle service so that was nice.
Overall a good stay and a good starting point for our vacation. We followed this stop with Raiatea, Le Taha'a, Bora Bora and Tahiti (layover).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa is nestled between mountains and a lagoon on a stunning French Polynesian island. Right on the resort grounds is Moorea's widest range of activities, which includes the Moorea Dolphin Center, Bathys Diving Club, tennis, kayaking, canoeing, skiing and Jeep tours. The Arahurahu Marae temple is also worth a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort & Spa Moorea Hotel Moorea
- Intercontinental Resort And Spa Moorea
- Intercontinental Hotel Moorea
- InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia