“Friendly Francky Frank”

FranckyFranck Moorea Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Papetoai
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover moorea in 4x4 at your pace and this ride'll be tatoo in your memories.You'll discover pineapple fields, cook's and opunohu bay, factory juice, vanilla plantations, marmelades tasting, "the belvedere" and polynesian temples.
Darwin, Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Friendly Francky Frank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Wne really enjoyed the morning tour with Frank, he was friendly, caring and very entertaining. Like everyone who have reviewed previously the information about the vanilla bean was very interesting and now I know why they are so expensive. I recommend using this wonderful tour guide to take you around one of the most beautiful islands in Polynesia.

3 Thank Doidgy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great fun with FranckyFrank!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our family went on a half-day tour with Francky Frank in early August and had a great time. He was funny, informative, and passionate about the island of Moorea. We got to visit some beautiful sites, where we learned about Moorea's culture and history. A highlight was the vanilla plantation, where we got to taste delicious homemade jams and ice cream. Francky Frank's tour is not to be missed!

1 Thank Rhoward14
Boston, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Thorough review of tour and funny guide - great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I emailed Franky ahead and he told me that he could pick us up from our hotel. He likes a confirmation a day before as well. It was $50 USD per person, but we paid in francs since it was a bit cheaper that way. He was very punctual and picked us up at around 9. We made quite a few stops. One was Magic Mountain, a vanilla plantation, a pineapple plantation, a liquor tasting/gift shop and Belvidere Lookout. Franky is a hilarious, but I can see a situation where some who are more politically correct may see his humor as inappropriate or callous. Personally, I like people who are silly and have crude humor. This tour may not be for everyone obviously, so try not to take what he says personally. We got on his pickup truck and there were two couples: one young Italian couple and one older couple who were French. This meant Franky was going to need to do an outstanding job of speaking Italian, French, Spanish (my wife is fluent in Spanish), and English. And yes, he pulled it off. No, I didn’t understand everything he was talking about, but I got the gist of most of what he was saying. We first go up to Magic Mountain and he gets out of his truck to ask us if we have vertigo or sickness motion because it is a bumpy ride up there. Well, get ready for one of the bumpiest rides of your life. I took a pic of the rocks on the road. Please check them out! My wife was uncomfortable, but I didn’t mind jumping 2 inches off my seat constantly. At one point there is a cliff on both sides and no barriers on either side. We drove up pretty quickly and if you have a problem, just bang on his window and he’ll stop. I was in the back so I was snapping away pictures from the truck. The view is amazing and this is where you will need to hike up the side where there is a rope to help you up the steep side. It was nothing to me or the elderly couple (they must have been in their 50’s). However; I could see a situation where it’s raining and it could be scary going down even with the rope. He took pics of us with our camera and explained information about the island and vegetation at every stop. Next stop: the fruit/vanilla plantation. Going down Magic Mountain is not as bad going up the mountain. We get a place where a woman owns most of that side of the mountain and we see plenty of fruits. He explains how vanilla is a mistake by nature. This is where the crude jokes come in. Very funny! We even see a huge eel in a small pool of water. Then we taste 5 jams and my wife buys one of them. This is also a bathroom stop. Now we are onto the liquor tasting which is inside a gift shop. Some are strong and some are flavorlishious! We enjoy about 3 different kinds of shots. We did some shopping and felt the prices were fair and cheaper than in Bora Bora and even Tahiti for some items. 2 more stop to go! We now go to the pineapple plantation and he even discusses Noni fruit. It really stinks, but is healthy to drink. We take some pics and now onto the last stop: Belvedere Stop. Here he takes these awesome pics of you jumping up in the air. Well done! It’s an awesome view from up there and we even went back the next day to take more pics. I think the value was excellent and yes, some of these activities you can do on your own for free, but we were still happy with the tour. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

2 Thank Jay D
Las Vegas
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great Way to See Moorea!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I had such a fun time with Franckyfranck and 3 other couples as he showed us around some interesting places on the island. The other couples all spoke French and we spoke English, so he would comically go back and forth and explain all the sites so we all understood. He took us up Magic Mountain where you have awesome views in all directions! We visited the Belvedere lookout, pineapple fields, a botanical garden with a very large vanilla plantation and marmalade tasting, and some Polynesian ruins. You see a lot in a short amount of time; Francky franck is such a funny guy and loves what he does!!!

London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Francky-Franck Tours on Moorea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We went on this tour with Francky-Franck himself. He was not only knowledgeable but funny, courteous and took great pictures of us with our cameras. I asked him to stop at the pharmacy for me when he noticed my swollen feet and legs. He then asked the pharmacist to look at them who then asked a local doctor in the store to look at my legs and feet. All three said I needed to go to hospital. I was leary as it was now getting dark in an unfamiliar place to us. He told me that he would wait outside for us. I was there for almost an hour and he was indeed still waiting to take us back to Le Meridian. His gestures went above and beyond and I wish there were more trustworthy people in the world like him. Moorea should be proud to have him as a resident. Thank you Franck. xo

Visited July 2014