“Home from home”

Ranked #1 of 1 Long Buckby B&B and Inns
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

A perfect rural retreat b&b to break a long journey north. The host Carrie was extremely welcoming. My room was spotless and very comfortable. Super rural views. Breakfast with delicious Aga bacon, such a treat. Definitely a place I would return to as only 10 mins off MI.
I have already recommended Murcott Mill to several business colleagues.

Rosie Leyland

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This b&b is set in beautiful surrounds and the host is very welcoming and not overbearing. However, I found the room to be a little dirty. Cobwebs in the lamp and round windows, and when I pulled the bed back to unplug the lamp, it was obvious it hadn't been hoovered in a long, long time. Worst of all, the divan sheet covering the bed hadn't been replaced in between guests and was covered in hairs (short and curly ones). Yuk! And there was a hair on my pillow. I was tempted to give it a good clean myself! My key piece of advice to the owner would be the cleaning needs to be upped a notch, businesses in the current climate need to try extra hard.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nadmoo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Quietly situated, Murcott Mill bed and breakfast is a lovely place to stay and unwind. I was only able to stay one night but the owner, Carrie made me feel very welcome. The room was lovely, clean, comfortable, spacious and had everything I needed including a lovely en suite. The building is really interesting and I would love to go back to stay for longer and explore the area a little more.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I have stayed at Murcott Mill for two weeks whilst working in the area and I couldnt fault the hospitality and facilities at this lovely quiet old mill house. Carrie provides a delicious aga-cooked breakfast. I can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My Husband & I were told about Murcott Mill by a friend. We were attending her wedding so booked in for 2 nights.
Carrie who runs the farmhouse met us on our arrival & showed us to our room, Carrie was very helpful & friendly. We had plenty of space in our room which was very clean & even more welcoming. The room was just how I was expecting the inside of a farmhouse bedroom to be! Everything we needed was there, including tea & coffee making facilities, & a hairdryer, good wardrobe & drawer space,TV & DVD player & the bed was so comfortable to sleep in. The en suite included a bath & shower, lovely soft towels & a bowl of toiletries & there was even some Radox bubble bath next to the bath! The breakfast was lovely, either toast, cereal or a full english, including jam & marmalade, & of course fruit juice & as much tea or coffee as you can drink! Everywhere is very clean & tidy & well presented & nicely decorated. I was so impressed with Murcott Mill, & I was made to feel very welcome when staying there, I just need to find an excuse so I can stay there again! If you need to be around the Long Buckby area then this is the place to stay. I could not find one single fault with anything.

Room Tip: Murcott Mill have a family room, which is a double room with an adjoining room with 2 single beds so...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Just outside the village of Long Buckby, with nice farming views from the windows, this is a lovely B&B. Comfy beds, good double glazing, lots of nice touches, good digital freeview TV. Shower was a bit tight, but the single occupancy rate for the double or twin rooms is very reasonable. Breakfast let down by not having sausages on the menu, and thin bacon. If you need to stay near Northampton (8 miles) this is a nice alternative to a drab chain hotel. The pubs in the village are not great but the Fox and Hounds about 3 miles away on the Northampton Road is very good indeed.

Room Tip: This review based on occupancy of the twin room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RCimino
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Me, my 3 year old and Border Collie love staying at Murcott Mill. Carrie always makes us feel more than welcome, it's a real home from home. The home cooked breakfast is AMAZING. Throw in the location, views and surrounding countryside-all makes for an excellent, real value for money stay.

• Stayed January 2012
Ibis Rugby East
Ibis Rugby East
#1 of 2 in Crick
Holiday Inn Rugby/Northampton

Been to Murcott Mill Farmhouse? Share your experiences!