“Friendly and comfortable guest house”
Review of Staveley House

Staveley House
Ranked #5 of 7 Rhos-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Friendly and comfortable guest house”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed a night here at the end of April and was impressed by the quality of all aspects of this guest house.
On arrival I was offered a choice of room which was a lovely touch and I was very pleased with my choice. Very comfortable room that I felt at home in with all the facilities that I needed.
Upon arrival I was given some advice on where I could eat that evening (which i appreciated as after a long train journey my brain hadn't even got that far!) and was made to feel very welcome.
The guest house was lovely and quiet and I never felt watched or monitored in any way!
The mattress on the bed was one of the best I have slept on and I was sorry that i had not booked another night!!
Breakfast was lovely, lots of options and I felt like my every need was catered for!
Would definitely stay again if i was in the area and will be recommending to friends and family!
Well worth my money- I have stayed in lots of hotels and b&bs but am rarely as taken by them as I was with this one :)

Room Tip: Large room with private bathroom was lovely- bathroom right next to room so wasn't inconvenient...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Myself and my fiancee had a lovely two night stay over the Easter 2013 weekend, at Staveley House.
The idea of the trip was to get away for a couple of days, with my fiancee being 7 months pregnant. We had a warm and friendly greeting on arrival, followed by a brief chat about local attractions including places to visit and to eat. Our room was wonderfully decorated and very clean, with a lovely view from the back of the house, and was very very comfortable, maybe a little too comfortable when it was time to get up!
Breakfast was delicious, with a generous english breakfast option, as well as a good selection of cereal and fruit, with toast, tea and coffee topped up as often as we needed it, and certainly enough to see you through the day! Our second day there was Easter Sunday, and a nice chocolate bunny left out for us was a lovely touch.
We did take up one of the recommendations for somewhere to eat which we didnt regret, and found the friendly, yet professional way that Staveley House was run was excellent, and catered to our every need, and nothing was too much trouble.
We will return based on our experience here, and would happily recommend Staveley House.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

What a lovely place! Beautifully and comfortably decorated throughout. Run by a friendly, genuine couple who delighted in providing for our every need. The breakfast was delicious, with plenty of variety and provision for special diet. Both rooms (4 adults in party) were very pleasant with good views to front and rear, but the king-sized room at the front was especially grand and worth the extra few pounds. Thanks to Sally for advice on local places to eat - we were not disappointed. Look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Recommend the king sized room at the front.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pippakeelingsmith
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Our second visit to this lovely Guest House was as excellent as our first. The rooms are beautifully if eclectically decorated, the bed comfortable and the walk in shower good and hot. Breakfast is the best bit! All the choices you could wish for - fruit, cereals, muesli, eggs, bacon, sausage (all locally sourced) and lovely fresh toast. We really enjoyed our two night stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We arrived friday 22nd march, and was met with a lovely greeting off sally, room was perfect, slept like a log, weather was bad but that did'nt bother me and my hubby once we entered the house, thankyou sally and steve, your home is beautifull, we will be back, x

• Stayed March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

What more can we say than
Stunning !
Location
Setting
Rooms
Breakfast
All to a superb standard
The old Victorian house brought into the 21st Century with tasteful and superior decor.....
Easy Parking with no fee !!!

• Stayed April 2012
Cambridge
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We recently stayed at Staveley House whilst visiting friends in the area. The hosts were very welcoming, the rooms were gorgeous and the breakfast was wonderful. Would highly recommend this B&B as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front get the road noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhos-on-Sea
Premier Inn Llandudno (Glan-Conwy) Hotel
Premier Inn Llandudno (Glan-Conw...
#1 of 1 in Llandudno Junction
#3 of 7 in Rhos-on-Sea
Whitehall Guest House
Whitehall Guest House
#2 of 7 in Rhos-on-Sea

Been to Staveley House? Share your experiences!