“good holiday”

Mount Stewart Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhos-on-Sea
Mount Stewart Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Rhos-on-Sea B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2013

though this hotel is not of 4 or 5 star standered, the care of the clients, and more so the food
certainly is, I have stayed at 5 star hotels all over the world, and the food here is on a par
with them all , also if there is anything that needs attention, it is done immediatly, and with
grace, I can thoroughly reccomend this place to fellow widows , we felt cared for!

Room Tip: just ask at reception for the room you want and you usually get it
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank nitarochellelevi

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We found this hotel last minute. We tried the hotel next door but they didn't answer the door or pick up on either phone numbers, so off to the Mount Stewart we went. Now the place is emblazoned with signs saying B&B for £30 per person per night, when we asked for this the nice lady on the reception said oh no don't take any notice of that we don't do that price any more its £40. They found us a nice double room, the bed was comfy the bedding was clean and fresh as were the towels. Can't fault the breakfast full Welsh, a decent cut of bacon, no laser cut bacon here, good sausages and fresh eggs, cereal and toast, very nice. I couldn't find anything to complain about. We would stay at the Mount Stewart again if we re visit Colwyn Bay, many thanks to Jordan and all the staff, and oh the view from the room over the bay was outstanding.

Room Tip: book a sea view, the sunrise is fab
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank navara
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We needed to be in the North Wales area for a last minute family gathering over the bank holiday weekend and booked a hotel room for two nights in nearby Colwyn Bay. When we arrived there we were told that due to a mix up there was no room for us and they had booked a room at the Mount Stewart for us and had paid the difference in cost as it had been their mistake.
When we arrived at the Mount Stewart we were overwhelmed by an overwhelming smell of some form of cleaning fluid. The gentleman who checked us in was quick to tell us that he was in fact "the barman" but it would seem that the entire running of the hotel was his sole responsibility as, other than the over worked but lovely breakfast waitress and a friendly lady who served us a drink one night, he was the only member of staff that we saw over the whole weekend. Not what you would expect of a hotel with 40+ rooms. The room was clean and functional, it's a long time since I've stayed in a hotel with no hairdryer though, but the bed was like concrete and I didn't sleep a wink on the first night. We were told where to sit at breakfast (served between 8 - 9p.m. even on the weekend) and the menu was limited and portions small. I had the poached eggs on my first morning and they tasted like rubber. Also I've never had to choose between juice and cereal before - very strange. We had to be back in by 11pm or call a mobile phone so that someone could unlock the front door, I suppose this was due to the lack of staff. This was fine by us but would be very early for some of the other guests I would imagine. It also took us ten minutes to check out because there was no-one available. I was asked if everything was ok with our stay and was met with a shrug of resignation when I was less than effusive.
The whole feel of the place was dated and we just felt uncomfortable during our stay. I won't blame the staff that we met, they genuinely seemed stretched to the limits and were approachable, but some one higher up the pecking order genuinely couldn't give two hoots about how the place is run. It is obvious that it primarily serves a more mature clientele, I looked around and saw some very contented guests, but we were paying our way too and at no point did we feel in the least bit catered for. We couldn't leave fast enough.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Kim F
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My husband & I found this hotel by chance & we thought it looked great from the outside. The inside was a different matter. It smelled of some awful cleaning fluid. It looked like it may have been a good hotel 50 years ago but still had the same furnishings which were so dated. We had to ask for the hot water in our room to be turned on. Our room was terrible & the shower leaked. We went to go out to the Pub & had to find the guy to let us out. The doors were locked. I questioned this as I thought it was a fire hazard to be locked inside the building. Then worse still, when we wanted to get back in we had to call his mobile phone to open the doors (this wasn't late - about 8pm). We had travelled from Australia & had stayed in some really great places in the UK but this was just horrible. We were going to stay 2 nights but checked out after 1 & found a beautiful B&B in LLandudno. Do yourself a favour & stay well away from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank JohnDi74
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have been going to the Mount Stewart hotel twice a year for five years. The service is fabulous, nothing is too much trouble and Jordan and Judith are wonderful with all of the guests.
The chefs are brilliant and the food is second to none including breakfast, lunch, and dinner plus morning coffee and afternoon tea.
Recently there have been some refurbishments including new beds and carpet making the hotel more appealing.
A very friendly environment and I am looking forward to my next stay in August.

JT Yorkshire

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank AintThatSwell
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My Mother and I stayed here it was the biggest mistake of our lives. We had just arrived at 1-30pm and I asked for the bathroom, I was shown to the toilet on the ground floor just off the bar area, I was so shocked to see that there was faeces spread all over the toilet area, walls and wash basin. The hotel had been shut at the weekend and was very cold and we had to go about all day and night with our coats on indoors as the heating was inefficiant. There was no hot water for a shower or a wash the next day. I almost certainly agree with everything that Tom E from Bolton has said in his report. The bedrooms where dated with furniture that should have been on the bonfire 20 years ago. The bed covers where stained. The food was diabolicle. We asked Jordan the manager for our money back the first day we arrived and was told there is no returns of money and we had to stay till the Friday. The advertisement says you get 5 full days, you do not it's 4 full days, I put this to him and he could not answer me, but in the end it was the longest 4 days of our lives (Never ever again) We were glad to be back home.
This hotel gives Rhos on Sea and Wales a bad name, Please give it a wide berth.
L & U. Manchester.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank ManchesterLandU
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Pick up and drop off back home extremely good unless you were first on and last off. I was on the outbound coach for 4 hours without a break. The driver was pleasant and very helpful and kept the atmosphere light with his banter. On arrival we were met with a light lunch and given our room keys. My room was at the rear of the hotel and the window was blanked out with plastic film. However the room was spacious, bright and had a good walk-in bathroom. There was also plenty of drawer space, and TV but no phone. If one needed assistance in the night we were told to use our own mobiles to contact a given number but otherwise we would have to go down to reception where there was a mobile on the counter. Not a lot of good for the mainly elderly (and in some cases infirm) guests. I was lucky to have room 18 (despite the fact that a new mattress wouldn't go amiss) as my friend who was in 16 didn't have room to swing a cat. The food was very good with a wide choice, and the waitress who took care of all 20+ residents was speedy, efficient and friendly. The decor in the reception area, dining room and quiet lounge appeared to be newly done but the lounge bar where we were served morning coffee, luncheon and afternoon tea, and where the evening entertainment took place, was dingy with remnants of tinsel and blue tac adhering to the walls in places from the Christmas decorations. Perhaps I expect too much as most of the other guests (all elderly) were happy to keep returning, some of them having been guests many times, but the 5 days were severely shortened by us not arriving until 2.30 on day one and leaving at 9.30 on day 5!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends