“Well Worth A Visit For A Great Cuppa”
Review of Tea on the Green

Tea on the Green
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Westward Ho
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Winners of the Best Cafe 2012/13 from the North Devon Food Awards. Our Cream Tea has been hailed as one of the best in Devon. The Tea Room has a lovely retro style with posters, images and music from the fifties and a warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My Daughter and Family are fortunate to live in Westward Ho and recommended that we visit the Tea on The Green. If in Westward Ho this is well worth a visit so Unique. Reminded me of a fifties tea room. Pot of tea enough for 3 cups £1.70.. We opt for the tea with 2 scones which are enormous. Looking at the cakes is like something from Alison in Wonderland they are so Large and Gooey. Staff so Helpful.

There are newer reviews for Tea on the Green

Reviewed 15 May 2011

This is a wonderful place.I try to visit asoften as i can.
spotlessly clean,lovely china even down to the novelty teapots filled with plants that decorate the tables.The food is always scrummy and portions are very generous.Even if you visit in the winter months it is always lovely and cosy inside with the great background music and decor.

Reviewed 20 April 2011

I reserved an area for 17 of us we were there on mass for a hen weekend! We spoke the week before just to check on time and they said they do a spread of us, few sandwiches and finish off with cakes. Brilliant! Well when we got there I think it was the most amazing spread / venue / service that I have or any of us had ever experienced and they topped it off with the most amazing cake selection that was to die for! It was truly truly out of this world! I would give this place 100 out of 10 they are AMAZING! Some of the hens are going back next year for a family trip and I have no doubt they will be paying another visit to them along with me next time I am down there! It was magical! highly highly highly recommended!!!

1  Thank katmad80
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Just got back from a hen weekend in Devon and visited Tea on the Green for afternoon tea. 17 hens had a fabulous afternoon - it was perfect! Perfect food, atmosphere and service - what more could you want. The staff were amazing as was the tower of cup cakes and other lovely cakes. We were made so welcome and are looking forward to a return visit in the near future. Well done to all the staff for making a great weekend even better!

Reviewed 5 November 2010

a windy afternoon and reading the previous excellent reviews saw us enter through the door into another era - I wont spoil the surprise. Needless to say the smiling staff can not do enough for you and the food is absolutely divine. Looking over to the next table a couple enjoyed a mega huge bowl of soup with doorstep bread and butter it looked absolutely mouthwatering. The menu is extensive and reasonably priced the quality of the food is outstanding and exceeded our very fussy expectations! I went for the ham ploughmans which arrived with copious amounts of home cooked carved ham, fresh green salard with peppers, carrot, beetroot, pickled onion, and homemade chutney. My sister had a doorstep sandwich brimming with coronation chicken with a delightful cup of tea. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we popped back for afternoon tea - well we are on holiday afterall! We were not disappointed beautiful clotted cream, homemade fresh jam and the largest, most freshes scone which was absolutely delicious fluffy and light - cooked to perfection. A wonderful place to eat it may not look much from the outside but I promise you what you find when you open the door in terms of enviroment, service and food quality is scrummy!

1  Thank ThriftyThrift