“Really good service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westward Ho
The Waterfront Inn B&B
Ranked #3 of 5 Westward Ho B&B and Inns
“Really good service”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Just stayed the night here. Nice clean room and great staff who really look after you. Good prices too. Breakfast is great. Can't believe some of the comments on here. Never ever had a bad stay here. Will always stay here when i'm in Westward Ho!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dean F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
isle of wight
Reviewed 20 October 2013

on arrival we were asked to pay the balance straight away.there didnt appear to be a reception area,so we payed over the bar.our room(cormorant)was at the rear of the hotel/pub. there was a little noise but we expected this,didnt cause us a problem ,after all your rooms are above the bar area.
NO SLEEP the first night due to a very old worn out mattress.they knew there was a problem prior to our stay but hoped we wouldnt notice.we spoke to a lady the following morning(she was the lady serving drinks at breakfast)who said they knew of a problem and were waiting for new ones to be delivered.she said they had no spare rooms and would have to make do.i said we would book out and find alternative accommodation.they then found a replacement matteress prob sorted.although by this time because of lack of sleep our weekend had been ruined.!!!!!! we did expect better.FANTASTIC BREAKFAST tho well done to the cook.so not all bad.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank darrengturner
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had paid £20.00 deposit a couple of weeks earlier, when we booked the room via phone. When we arrived and went to check in, we were asked to pay the balance immediately before we had even seen the room! We were informed that we needed to vacate the room by 10.00 am the following morning - not unusual - but as our onward transport would not be leaving until 11.00 am, we asked if we could leave our case in the lobby while we had a look around town. This request was met with a flat refusal.
We had intended to eat at The Waterfront that evening but due to the unfriendliness, we decided to eat elsewhere, so they lost out on the deal.
The room was very pleasant and comfortable, with a sea view
The choice of breakfast was very limited. Basically, Cereal, Orange juice and tea or coffee and full English breakfast. The bacon and fried egg were hard and the baked beans congealed.
This was our last night on this section of the Southwest Coast Path. Our intension is to start the next section from Westward Ho! but we will not be staying at The Waterfront Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rochesterrambler
teeside
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was spacious and the decor was modern, i really liked the large shower. The only negatives about this hotel is the children's soft play, it is dirty with rubbish left laying around. There is no staff supervising and lots of parents let their children run riot whilst sitting out side. This really needs looking into as itis is health and safety issue. It is quite noisy on a night due to the entertainment. Other than this we really enjoyed our stay. The staff were fantastic really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank katylee87
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We decided to eat here one night to try as we were staying in Westward Ho and this was very near our apartment and they had my much loved nachos on the menu which I can't resist. All started very well, staff seemed efficient and friendly and so we ordered nachos for starters to share and our main meals. First came our nachos, then about 10 mins later followed our mains which perplexed me somewhat so I asked the staff why our main meals had come so soon. I was then informed that when ordering I should have made sure that I wanted them as a starter as they are not a starter as such and can be ordered as a main meal or a starter. Then asked if I would like my meals taken back and put under the heater until we was ready for them. As i had ordered chicken I thought that was not a good idea, as by the time I would be ready for them it would be all dry and rather pants. Plus I was really annoyed at basically being told it was my fault when we ordered our meal in the first place. I questioned this as I thought it a little rude to be fair, as any staff taking the order should have asked the question and surely would know it was not to come with mains!! but obviously I was wrong and have therefore identified a training issue. However if this was for another main we would have had to wait for 10 mins before our other meals had arrived anyway so either way all was wrong. So a word of warning to all; If your ordering nachos before mains please specify. Meal was sent back as would have been ruined and staff did offer refund which we took and vacated and never went back for the rest of the week we stayed or will again to be honest as a very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paula B
Sabie, South Africa
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have mixed feelings about my one-night stay. I arrived at 11.30am, and they had a vacant room, but it wouldn't be ready until 1.30, which is fine, BUT they wouldn't let me leave my small bag there while I went for a walk. So I sat at a small table for 2 hours with a cup of coffee while the room filled up with people wanting a table for Sunday lunch . . . The ensuite room was good value, had a flat screen TV, a bath, lots of coffee, milk and sugar, BUT the bar door below me banged shut all afternoon and evening as people went in and out. The Sunday night quiz evening was very noisy below, BUT it stopped at 10.30pm, which was reasonable. Breakfast was average, BUT it took half an hour to make some scrambled eggs on toast (I was the only one there). I was finally glad to leave, BUT the front door was locked, and I was told to go out round the back. Not impressed, BUT, hey, it's reasonably cheap, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FuzzySalt
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We have regularly used this pub for lunches with people with special needs. The staff are lovely, very helpful and accommodating, and the manageress Jo is on the ball and always ensures everything is as it should be, and all requests are met. The food is good value, and good quality pub food. The fish & chips come with a salad, coleslaw and peas, and is freshly cooked, with lovely batter! The carvery on a Thurs/Sat is also very good value, and the vegetables are frequently replaced with fresh ones, and everything is hot, with plenty of choice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Westbeach Resort
Westbeach Resort
#5 of 9 in Westward Ho
Mayfield House Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Waterfront Inn B&B? Share your experiences!