“Quiet refuge in the heart of a city”

Diamond Hotel and Resort
Diamond Hotel and Resort
Ranked #7 of 11 Lucena City B&B and Inns
“Quiet refuge in the heart of a city”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights.
Fairly priced. Room is not spacious but okay. Sheets are clean. The place is quiet when guests are not plenty and the trees and plants made the area cooler.
The only problem ive encountered is the dripping aircon which when i woke up was flooding a big part of the floor.
Over all, value for money.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank MarkMarc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I arrived here around 730am and I just walked in to inquire for vacancy. I was told none yet so I asked if I could stay in the lobby and the receptionist agreed. After 20-30mins, someone apparently checked out so they had the room cleaned right away and I was able to go to my room. What a relief! I was very happy with that.

My only comment..I think the price for the breakfast was too much. For a high amount of P160, my order arrived and to my dismay,my plate has only 3 little Lucban longganisa, 1 sunnyside-up egg, plain rice and 1 measly wedge of orange. It was expensive considering that it was a very simple dish and it was not heated too.

Some of the staff were nice especially the receptionist who was on duty when I arrived. The place is nice but you can still hear some of the traffic going on outside the main road. But it was no biggie for me as I can sleep easily.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Lovelee T
Manila
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The best thing about the hotel is its location. For a business traveler, to stay in a hotel that is about 100 meters away from SM is an advantage.
Then there's the staff named Karen. When I stayed in the hotel (October 11 to 12, 2012), Karen was working all the imaginable jobs in the hotel! We arrived at 8am and was greeted by Karen (so I thought she was front desk personnel), then she carried our bags (so she could be bell girl too!), then she worked the TV and the showers (so she is housekeeping too!), then she took our orders (and a waiter too!), bused our table (and that too!) and when she found that my car was not quite parked right, notified me about it too! When our function room reservation hit a snag, she was there to mediate and offer suggestions on how it could be resolved - a great customer service rep as well! So in this hotel, the only worker is Karen. AND KAREN DID ALL THAT FOR 12 HOURS STRAIGHT WITH GRACE, A SWEET SMILE AND GREAT ATTITUDE OVER-ALL! I wanted to take a picture of Karen but when I left, I think she was in the kitchen either cooking or washing the dishes! But Karen, if you would ever need a recommendation letter for your application to any hotel in the Philippines or abroad, please let me know; I will give you a glowing recommendation letter! :)

The rooms are really clean. And although it is a hassle that you can't take food inside your rooms, its cleanliness makes up for the hassle.

Now for the bad parts:
If there is Karen, there is Irene. A brooding, disrespectful, negligent staff. My mom who was with me, asked her if she would have a hard time crossing the street to get to the church, she gave out a very curt reply "hindi, no!" When I called her at 6am to ask her to inform me if the breakfast is ready, she never called back! So we waited until 715am for the breakfast. And when we called again, the girl on the phone said "E bakit nag order ka na ba?" Kaka-highblood! The hotel's service is definitely bad without Karen.

The pillows are very thin.

I totally agree with Dharma Punk. Everything in this hotel has to be paid for! We had several arguments with management on how they would bill us for the use of the room. We had recording equipment with us and they charged us for "storage fee" even if the room was already paid for. Yes, the owner is such a scrooge and, as Dharma Punk says " I'm surprised he didn't charge me for the oxygen, or for walking on the floor, or for the sunlight."

Room Tip: Put on insect repellent; a lot of mosquitoes during daytime. However, surprisingly at night the mos...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
10 Thank LGGarcia
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 November 2011

I stayed a week in Lucena City, and there are really only two decent hotels in the area. This one is right downtown, next to the large SM Mall. The other, the Queen Margarette Hotel, is pretty far away, on the outskirts of town on the highway, too far for me.

The Pros:

Good location for business travelers, as it is right in the heart of Lucena, on the main road, right next to SM Mall. (The owner calls the place a "resort", but I don't know why. There isn't much of a resort to it, other than the swimming pool and small party room next to the pool that you can rent out. Doesn't a "resort" need a beach or something?)

Anyway, the rooms are clean, the TV reception is great, and the internet is awesome. We had a room near the kitchen, and right outside were some tables under the trees, very nice. Internet even extended out to the tables, if you wanted to sit there and check emails. A/C worked great. staff was ok.

The Cons:

The hotel is right on a major road, and even though they built a wall, you hear a lot of the traffic noise, honking, loud trucks, etc. It goes down at night, but it's hard to sit under the trees outside the room and try to relax when you hear all that traffic. Not at a "resort" anyway.

The owner lives on the property, and although he has a shiny new Chrysler parked outside his house, he is cheap. I rented the pool for one night, to have a small party, and all the electrical outlets were broken! We couldn't even plug in our little iPod speakers, as the entire electric system at the pool is shorted out. Even though he charged me P400 ($8( for every guest, and had 14 guests, the lights on the pool didn't work and he couldn't even provide electricity. Of course, we found one outlet that worked, but that was for his CCTV, and they came and unplugged our music and plugged the camera back in. We opened a storage closet, but the outlets were all frayed and fried and useless. Not one working outlet in the whole area.

We had a roasted pig brought in, and they tried to nickle and dime us for everything.
You think for the money I had already spent, he would let me use a table by the pool? No. 500 Peso. Can I get some chairs? 100 Peso each. Oh, and they charged me for bringing in a roasted pig. They were mad I didn't buy it "through" them (them being a middleman, and doubling the cost), so they charged me money when the pig was delivered. I'm surprised he didn't charge me for the oxygen, or for walking on the floor, or for the sunlight.

Other than that, we had a good time there. It's a clean place, we slept alright. No problems. We liked the garden area under the trees, with the tables, etc. I'd stay there again, if the owner would lighten up and not try to squeeze every penny out of me. Maybe he needs a Mercedes.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
The Saint Joseph
#1 of 11 in Lucena City
Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel
Samkara Restaurant & Garden Resort

Been to Diamond Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!