“Faulty towers in Quezon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lucena City
Pueblo Por La Playa
London, United Kingdom
“Faulty towers in Quezon”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We had our wedding there april 2013. As my wife is from Lucena. This place is the nearest venue we could think of. Since it is a members only. We had difficulty at first getting this venue because they were asking too many requirements from us. So we had a sponsor. Pueblo is not the best value for money. The room rate is not that cheap if you are only a couple staying. The service is terrible. When you first arrive. The security staff is not very welcoming. Then you have to wait for the transport that they have because you cant drive your car inside the resort. By the time you get to the reception you are covered with dust. then you arrive at the reception. Again the staff are not very welcoming.Instead of asking who you are, they ask your sponsor instead. I find this very silly. The rooms are smelly and the deco is really terrible. when you switch on the air con. then you go to the toilet. the heat coming from the air con goes to the toilet. The bed is a hard foam and very uncomfortable. Although it makes up for the view in your balcony over looking at the large swimming pool and the sea. Also if you are planning to swim by the beach beware as there are too many tiny jelly fish. i got stung the day i was getting married. There was i sign and warning you about the jelly fish, but its at the back not by the beach. There is no food service after the restaurant closes. you cant bring any food inside the resort and drinks. If you are planning to check out early. Well you can't as the office is still close and opens after 8am. A 5star price for a FAULTY TOWER SERVICE.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank JG27213

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
QC
Reviewed 25 March 2013

we stayed here march 2013. we love our room (no.2), we love the food in cafe oaxaca, we love our trip to beach (not the swimming in sea), we love the big swimming pool, and the services are great. i advise this for a big group of people to maximize the rate of room.

Room Tip: Choose room#2
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I spend one night at the resort together with my wife, sister and a friend. Pueblo is a talk of the town place to visit however during our stay we experience poor quality of service that includes the checking in, as the receptionist wasnt that proffesional enough to handle certain issues that we lay on them, Food is great, (probably we just misses the filipino foods and its not that pricey) The room is well spacous however the bed wasnt comfy enough. AC is not working to what we expected range of temperature. The details of the bathroom is way too poor as its cleanliness is not to what we expected,molds, spiders, mildew even the shower shower head is way to filthy however the decor is truly amazing ( thats the only things amazed us)

The infinity pool wasnt that what we expected, filthy water, very turbid, deteriorated paint scattered thru out the pool. total quality of water is terrible.

On the night that we request for bucket of ice, the room service mentioned that they dont deliver ice as he is the only one who attending the reception counter, who cares about the staff shortage, I dont even want to know that as we came to the resort to enjoy and relax and not to know the problem of staffing. TV is not working as well.. what a nightmare.

Upon checking out the next day, We went to the reception to settle our account, the receptionist told us to pay it on the Accounting department, First time I experience that the Receptionist cannot handle payment. so disorganized and we have to walk to the little hunt were the heat of the sun kills us. So annoyed about their system.

We dont mind about the price of our stay in the resort, however instead of getting a relaxing time after a long flight from the UK we ended up having a bit of a shock about its service, very disappointed.

We been there last April 2012 and will never ever again to visit the place.... not recommended, no fun memories to cherish everything is a disaster experience

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank PinoytravellerBIF26

Travellers are raving about these Lucena City hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Pueblo is charming in its character,Moroccan-inspired resort ,infinity pool is the prime reason my mum likes it here..had to travel another 19kms.from the entry to reach Pueblo,artificial white beach sand,filthy comfort rooms.rooms are ok,food selection should be improved more..although i do love the isolation from the crowd-the place is dated and has passed its glam days..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank leonag25
Manila
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My family and I joined a company outing to this resort which started out well enough. When we got there I have to say the Villa itself was very inspiring with a Mexican theme and a porch on a hillside that was overlooking the beach with a hammock I said to myself well this place is very quaint and relaxing. My only hangup was the front door did not seem secure enough and one good swift kick from me could open it right away either way I just locked the inner door while we were down at the beach. Besides its always been my habit to bring all important things with me in a small waterproof bag to the beach. It was quite a walk away but the beach seemed nice. Artificial of course since most of the surrounding area had rocky outcrops and no sandy beaches. First hitch was the water was filthy, on low tide the garbage started to come out but on high tide the water comes up all the way to the sand and you dont see the trash but believe me its there so wear shoes at least slippers when walking. The pool was not so clean either it seemed overly too dark or greenish and I couldnt smell any cholrine in the pool good thing my kids just like playing in the sand. The day end and we went to bed everything seemed satisfactory. The following day things got worse. After eating breakfast we decided to head back early to our villa only to find strangers sleeping on our porch. We asked them to leave but the opted to stay instead at our neighbors porch. They were there for a wedding and have arrived early. We talked to the staff regarding the matter so that they could request the people to stay away until at least we have left already. Unfortunately the only thing the staff did was lie to us because the said that those people were friends of our neighbors but they did not know that our neighbors were office mates. We figured well just keep the door locked since we were about to leave anyways but of course I was concerned about the safety of my wife and two year old daughter and baby. not to mention it was hard to get dressed because they were staying near the bedroom windows. Good thing that did not happen the day before or else I would have packed up my family that night and have gone just of fear for their safety. Then just before we left things started rolling down hill. Although my family got off without any incident our office mates started experiencing the worst problems before they left. One family was being charged 1,300 pesos for stains to the towels while another was charged 450 for a small bottle of shampoo that got broken because it fell. I mean stains to a towel costs 1,300 pesos ? It was not even a full body towel just half a regular sized towel. Overall i would say avoid this place its not worth your money at all. Your family's safety is in question the security guards only stay in the guard house and don't even patrol the area and the staff is definitely practicing really dubious charging to clients. Your better off spending your hard earned money elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
17 Thank Fidel P
manila
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My friend who owns a time share here -booked my family in this resort when we went to Lucena to attend his brother's wedding. It took us almost 5 hours drive to get there, but my friend said on wee hours, you can reached Lucena from Manila in 3 hours. Definitely can not do this on a day trip only, must visit the resort in an over night basis.
The resort is very private, most of the other guests we saw on our stay are the family type, the food selection is not very good and is also not very bad also, it is palatable, my complaint is most of the dishes even the rice are cold when served, not very hearthy to eat.
The design of the whole resort is Mexican inspired , very colorful, it exudes a happy ambiance, the rooms are large, bathroom ensuite complete with toiletries, the bedroom even has a balcony that opened to the beach front, complete with hammock, etc. There is a golf cart that shuttles the guests from one point to another.
Not much to do here except swim in the infinity pool, the sand on the beach is quite coarse not very enticing to swim there.
For me, one visit is enough, just for a look see, it is not like Boracay, where you never get tired to visit the beach, even you do it on an annual basis.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank dancingfeetManila
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I was looking for a place to go to that has a beach and a pool for my family's summer get-away. There were loads of places to choose from but it was either fully booked for the weekend or far too expensive. My niece's friend recently visited the place, hence I opted to check it out. It is normally for members only but when I phoned up the helpdesk they said that they will accept non-members pending the "boards" approval. Later that day, I received a phone call saying that we were granted to make a booking. The room rates were fairly reasonable for 5,500 to 6,500 pesos a night. It was good for 4 adults but they allow maximum of 5-6 with extra charge of course. The rooms were very colorful with a separate sitting area for watching telly. All the usual amenities are in the room apart from Wi-Fi as they claimed it was under trial. And nowhere in the resort can you get connected to the Internet. They said that they have usual water activities such as jetski, banana boating, island hopping, kayak and fishing. But the only available activity at that time was kayak. We got different messages from the staff regarding the availability of the jetski and banana boat. One staff said it was under repair and the other one said that we should have booked it at an earlier time because the one doing it is already in another island. I think they lacked proper information dissemination to their clients. Next thing was regarding the spa/massage. I asked if it was available day and night and was told yes. But when I asked for it at night they said that no one's gonna be able to do it anymore. When I asked the following morning, I was told I should have pre-booked it again. Some staff didn't seem to know answers to some queries, some are quick to respond. Food price was affordable and taste quite good. But having two restaurants that opens at different times was quite confusing. One caters for light-bites the other for a much heavier meal. It would have been better if both were open at the same time to have a variety of food to choose from. We were supposed to stay for two nights, but having 3 very eager kids and 8 playful adults, with nothing else to do but swim in the pool left us with no choice but just to stay overnight. The beach I think was not originally white sand. The shore was white but the sand on the beach / sea was gray. The water was not that clear hence we spent most of our time swimming in their beautiful infinity pool. The place is good for those who just wants to chill and relax.

• Stayed April 2011
The Saint Joseph
The Saint Joseph
#1 of 11 in Lucena City
Estrellas de Mendoza Playa Resort

Been to Pueblo Por La Playa? Share your experiences!