“Amazing experience for me and to my family to remember.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lucena City
Pueblo Por La Playa
Makati, Philippines
“Amazing experience for me and to my family to remember.”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The word that fits best when you arrive at this property is a magnificent Mexican inspired tropical paradise where you can experience a very close to real Mexican culture.

The food in Café OAXACA is made tastier to eat on its Mexicanized cuisine with a Pinoy twist.

This is more than the usual resorts here in the Philippines.

This Mexican inspired resort theme will captured the real essence of relaxations on its huge infinity pool, peaceful ambiance of their villas, and a colorful amazing interiors with fantastic mosaic tiles design,

Here is where my unforgettable amazing things happen for me and to my family to remember for the rest of my entire life.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Justin A

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I don't usually write reviews but this beach resort deserves a full-on critiquing. I went home (to the Philippines) for my holidays and I wanted to have a getaway with my cousins, my partner and my auntie who also came from Italy. So, we had this 3D/2N trip at Pueblo por la Playa in Pagbilao, Quezon.

IT WAS THE WORST GETAWAY IN MY ENTIRE TRAVELING LIFE.

1. Not Good Value for Money
The rates are ridiculously pricey, to start with, but then the website offered amenities that seemed enticing and might give justification. But, it didn't. They charge steep fares for early check in, per hour, so if you are coming from Manila and you arrived before 2 pm and you just want to maximize the day and relax, you can't because they won't allow you to rest from your 4-hour bumpy trip unless you pay their overpriced fares. Unbelievable!! I've traveled to better resorts and hotels and none of these better places charged as much as they do or none charged at all!

Even at their restaurant or just for simple customer request, they will charge you with a questionable fee. Long story short, only the air you breathe at that place is free -_-

2. Major Misrepresentation
Check out their website and you will be allured by all the fancy things they listed and claimed that they can provide in their website and brochures.

WE EXPERIENCED NONE!!
I just wanted to enjoy activities with my family and partner in the very limited time I had. And what did I get? THIS. Everything was unavailable and under maintenance. Even the cable services for the TV!! This was really hell.

They put jetski and jacuzzi as part of the services and amenities offered and available. These were unavailable too.

3. Rooms & Amenities
So, as mentioned, as there is already a misrepresentation of the services and amenities they offer, you will still pay minimum of AU$50 per head for facilities you cannot enjoy just because they don't want to spend on electricity because it was off-peak.

Their main excuse: everything is under maintenance. Ridiculous! Why would they be open if the only facility they have functioning are the pools and nothing more?

To top it all off, rooms were old, stinking, and not well maintained. Also, they will not allow you to bring outside food or even packed snacks!

4. Inflexible with Customers
Our experience in this rotten place just got even worse when the staff and crew were nothing but unhelpful, unprofessional and very rigid with their so called "rules". It is understandable for staff to follow management policies but it is another story for these staff members to at least be resourceful and helpful in some way that could help the clients. They couldn't even offer alternatives to whatever they don't have. They simply say no. End of story. "Sulk in your misery because we already juiced you up!"

Customers'/Clients' satisfaction is still the highest form of revenue in any business. Failure to meet that, your business is doomed.

5. Worst Beach
When I found out that there was no services for Jetski, initially, I was still patient that maybe the beach could compensate for such a disappointment. Ha! NO.
It was surrounded by dark waters and mainly stones. The sand is very coarse. It was more of a beach fitting to be a pier, not for leisure.

6. Too Secluded
It is literally in the middle of nowhere. At first, I didn't mind the hours spent because I was really excited to see the place and spend quality time with my family and partner. But, when everything in the above mentioned occurred (or did not occur), I just had to vent out the fact that it is far from everything else imaginable. Probably because they also want to monopolize access to their overpriced products -_-

BUT FOR THEM,THESE ARE STILL OKAY FOR AS LONG AS YOU PAY.

We still managed to have a good time because we kept the positiveness and excitement going despite the lacking of this place and by ignoring the useless staff members.
This trip emphasized the saying: "It's not where you are, but who you're with that really matters."

Room Tip: Don't book this place.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
45 Thank 8wanderlust8

Travellers are raving about these Lucena City hotels

Alice Springs
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had huge issues with this property.

My wife is from Lucena and we wanted to stay here with my parents to give our families a chance to meet. The grounds are nice and they have some great pools. We ran into a problem because while booking we were guaranteed that the villa we had booked had two bedrooms, for my wife and I and my parents. When we arrived we found the two rooms were one open room with a half wall, with foams to put on the floor in the living room to make the second "bedroom". It was not what we were sold. When we tried to make other arrangements, we were told that even though we had been lied to by the people doing the bookings, we would sacrifice our deposit if we left. The poor staff did everything they could to try to make things better, but they were crippled by the horrid management that threatened to make the underpaid, overworked staff pay out of pocket for any concessions that they granted us. Despicable behaviour by the owners.

This place is not a value at all. From the start the price is as high as a 5 star hotel in Manila, which the property cannot live up to at all. There is a price for everything. In order to make sure you have to purchase food from their restaurant security searches your bags as if you are criminal when you come in. I feel for the staff that have to be the face of the bad policies.

Luckily, this place is under the illusion that it is exclusive. Let it stay that way by staying away.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
23 Thank Bob C
Early, Texas
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The only thing good about this resort is a view of the swimming pool. We had difficulty getting into the place due to no sponsor. We had our 25th Wedding Anniversary celebration there and they wanted corkage fees for everything. We had chocolate candy bars for our guests and the corkage fee was 5 times the cost of the candy bars that were not going to be consumed at the resort. So there shouldn't even been a corkage fee. The refrigerator in the room was broken. The A/C was loud and didn't cool properly. The shower didn't have hot water. We tried to discuss the corkage fees and the maintenance issues with the management and they refused to meet with us. After four hours trying to get a a manger to talk with us we finally paid the bill and left. The working staff did an fairly good job. The management of this facility is what is bad. They have a security guard at the gate to keep you in until you pay the bill. The security is not to keep people out. I stayed at two other resorts recently and the resorts that were ran by Filipinos both had security guards and had bad service. This is a 1 star resort with a 5 star price. We will never go back to this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Steve B
Pasay, Philippines
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My family was very excited having the thought of going to this popular location in Pagbilao. It is a man-made white sand beach. It is like Graceland Resort/Hotel that they only accept members but recently they allow non-member. Upon arrival, the excitement lowered beacause of the disgraceful attitude of the employees. May I remind them that though we are not members of this resort, we paid 300/head entrance fee and bought food exactly on their Resto(cuz food are not allowed to be brought). They should remember that customer service is part of what we are paying for. My anxious feeling was gone after I saw the large pool and white beach that was really good for the eyes and whoah, it's as if I'm on the Island in Mauban(also a white sand beach to be recommended).
Good plaxe to be relaxed but needs improvement for the service.
If you are high-tempered person, do not go to this place!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Gracie N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We had our wedding there april 2013. As my wife is from Lucena. This place is the nearest venue we could think of. Since it is a members only. We had difficulty at first getting this venue because they were asking too many requirements from us. So we had a sponsor. Pueblo is not the best value for money. The room rate is not that cheap if you are only a couple staying. The service is terrible. When you first arrive. The security staff is not very welcoming. Then you have to wait for the transport that they have because you cant drive your car inside the resort. By the time you get to the reception you are covered with dust. then you arrive at the reception. Again the staff are not very welcoming.Instead of asking who you are, they ask your sponsor instead. I find this very silly. The rooms are smelly and the deco is really terrible. when you switch on the air con. then you go to the toilet. the heat coming from the air con goes to the toilet. The bed is a hard foam and very uncomfortable. Although it makes up for the view in your balcony over looking at the large swimming pool and the sea. Also if you are planning to swim by the beach beware as there are too many tiny jelly fish. i got stung the day i was getting married. There was i sign and warning you about the jelly fish, but its at the back not by the beach. There is no food service after the restaurant closes. you cant bring any food inside the resort and drinks. If you are planning to check out early. Well you can't as the office is still close and opens after 8am. A 5star price for a FAULTY TOWER SERVICE.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank JG27213
QC
Reviewed 25 March 2013

we stayed here march 2013. we love our room (no.2), we love the food in cafe oaxaca, we love our trip to beach (not the swimming in sea), we love the big swimming pool, and the services are great. i advise this for a big group of people to maximize the rate of room.

Room Tip: Choose room#2
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Batis Aramin Resort and Hotel
No photo provided
Ouans The Farm Resort
#1 of 3 in Lucena City

Been to Pueblo Por La Playa? Share your experiences!