“worst high tea ever”

Add it.
High Tea at Halfway House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Kingseat
Reviewed 17 April 2014

my family and I went for a high tea here on Sunday April 13th . we were shocked with how this place has changed for the worst. we used to be frequent customers every week for Sunday high tea however, we went to live abroad and now that we have moved back in the area we thought we would return for a high tea.
This place is in New ownership since we last visited a few years back. when we arrived we were show to our table and ordered our food. Service was good, but as this place is so quite now all the staff stand around watching your table. The main meal was tasty but portion size is far to small.The cakes were the worst cakes I can say I have ever had the misfortune of tasting as for the scones words can't describe how dry and tasteless they were. my wife bit into her scone and as the scones had very hard currants in them she cracked her tooth. it's a little amusing now but I can assure you not at the time. As one could imagine all we wanted to do was get out of their ad quickly as possible. I wanted to let the managers/owners know but my wife just said leave it and get me out of here. We had to get an emergency appointment with the Dentist the next day.Another point as we entered the hotel right outside the restaurant door is the hotel desk my wife about dropped when a very large dog jumped up to greet us lol. one other point forget the coffee we to ordered the coffee and we heard another table talking about how it tasted we had just ordered ours or would have thought twice it was wrotton beyond words. What a disaster of a place. very quite in the way of no customers and small plates of food and terrible cakes and scones. The previous owners done such a great high tea and it was always busy what a shame about how this place seems to have gone to the dogs lol.

2  Thank nodic

Been to High Tea at Halfway House Hotel? Share your experiences!