All reviews la capuccina dinner wine visit variety
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My friends and I made our last stop here before a morning flight to Malpensa airport (40 minute drive). I wasn't expecting much since we had just spent 5 days in heart of Piemonte, but this place was really fantastic. We arrived in the late afternoon and then had a wonderful meal at their restaurant which was filled to the brim with locals having a big Saturday night out. The food was locally sourced and well thought and the wine represented the region -- the chef (and host) personally helping us select wines we were quite unfamiliar with. Great value. The setting and rooms are a good balance of modern and rustic. Very comfortable and cozy for a cold night in November. The pool looked nice, so we will have to come back some time when it isn't freezing outside. The host and hostess went out of their way to make us feel at home. The one suggestion I would have for improvement would be to have a lounge area for guests to hang out in. In the summer I am sure this wouldn't be an issue. This is absolutely going to be my regular stop anytime I am visiting the area.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gumonmyshoe
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This place is worth making a special trip for, regardless of the nearby lakes. Go on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday and combine your stay with an extremely good 6 course set menu for 35 euros a head. Set in flat farmland just below the foothills of the Italian Alps. Extremely well converted old farm with lovely rooms and great furniture and bathrooms. Our room had its own private sauna! The B&B also has a working farm with vines, fresh fruit and veg for their restaurant, cows, goats, geese and chickens. The swimming pool and gardens are extremely well kept. The staff are excellent and will make sure you are looked after all day long. Well worth the visit.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Magonetic
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I am a cook who recently visited La Capuccina to work in the kitchen and learn more about Italian cooking. I was traveling around northern Italy with my boss/chef sampling the food and wine and working in a variety of kitchens. On top of being a beautiful hotel in an incredible location, the food was the best we sampled in Italy. The chef takes special care to prepare food in the classic Piedmont style while adding his own personal touches. Wine, cheese, gelato, pasta and bread are made on the premises. Produce, dairy and meat come from the farm surrounding the hotel. And whatever the farm cannot provide, the chef buys locally. The food is fresh and delicious and the owners are welcoming (although the cooks need work on their dart skills). As a cook who has traveled in Italy twice, La Capuccina is a must.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kirk V
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I had the priviledge to spend two days at La Capuccina
I has been a real pleasure to meet Raffaela, Gian Luca and their 3 children
The rooms are beautiful, the farm grounds feel real, well groomed yet functional and real
The food is authentic, tells the life of the surroundings
Raffaela and Gian Luca were extremelly helpful to get me out of a troubled situation
I would go back and make sure all my friends know about this beautiful place

a few words on the olocation: conveniently situated closed to Lago d'Orta: you have safe access to this lovely little lake, knowing that you won't have to drive far to come back to the farm for a siesta

Finally, this place reminded me of what the Slow Food is all about, I will know renew my membership knowing that key people in this organisation still know the meaning of authenticity!

Room tip: I was lucky enough to stay in the room on their business card... lovely and warm, great views to the farm
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Frenchy72_11
Reviewed 15 August 2011

An italian Agriturismo is normally a Country B&B with very simple but genuine homemade food. Sometimes they'll have animals, sometimes a simple orchard so that you can enjoy fresh fruits and veggies. La Capuccina is on a different level. The rooms are very pretty in natural shades of beige, green and plum, design is minimal yet quite chic and they all look over the beautiful vineyards. There are animals and also an orchard where Owner and Chef Gianluca will pick all the fresh ingredients for your breakfast and dinner.
Him and his wife are truly kind people and their presence is always discreet and helpful. Breakfast starts al fresco with a pot of fresh coffee and home made biscuits, cakes and plenty of freshly squeezed fruit juices. If you are visiting Piedmont this place is an excellent base to stay while travelling around and unwind in the evening. When we stayed there we were particularly impressed with the quality and presentation of dinner. You cannot choose, Gianluca will simply serve a three course dinner and you are guaranteed to be fully satisfied. Fresh flavours, creative combinations and amazing food. You can also book your dinner there even if you are not a guest of the Agriturismo. Definitely worth the trip!

Date of stay: May 2011