“Great meal”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Expected a pub meal. We received good service, prompt delivery of food and meal was delicious for the price paid. Lamb cutlets were delicious as was the T-bone steak that was cooked as ordered. We returned the next night. It is pub fare but certainly represents excellent value for money.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Went here with a friend and daughter for lunch. Huge variety of food to offer. And great prices. Busy place.. my friend got the chicken schnitzel n enjoyed hers i got steak with chips n salad steak was well and truely over cooked n dry the kids meals are generous and taste good. Would go again but wouldnt get steak.

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

The food isn't extraordinary but it's cheap, there is a playground and I have always found staff to be very friendly. Good spot with kids.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This place was great at the beginning of the year although as a local I was disappointed that I could never get a table without booking. The great food was worth it. But in the last couple of months things have started to take a bad turn. We visited with family for my husband's birthday in November. Two of us ordered the Chef's Signature Fishermans Catch. They both arrived at different times and at the end of the meal we realised that neither had the oyster. When I said something as I left the answer was "oh sorry I forgot". You don't forget the same thing on two meals that came out at different times. Our last visit was on 28 Dec and all of us ordered the North Shore Coral Sea as this was always a favourite. Not anymore. The Hollandaise sauce was like it was watered down the avocado was past its used by date.
Sorry North Shore Tavern but until these reviews start picking up again I will not be returning.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The food is always cheap and served fast and most of the time enjoyable.

However, if it's busy the staff think it's ok to throw plates down, bite at customers and shout at children.

I was having my first turn at keno and when I went back up and handed my ticket to the man and said can I grab that please (I think the manager), he reran my winnings on another ticket. I explained that I wanted to collect my winnings he raised his voice that I didn't say that and walked away. I'm no gambling expert so had no clue what I had done wrong. My family were disgusted and said I had done nothing wrong.

Two minutes later the waitress came and threw my nephews plate on the table down so hard it almost slid off and half the chips fe off the plate.

When the table next to us called the waitress on her rudeness, she shouted that they were short staffed.

It's a real shame as this place used to be a little gem for a good value family meal with a big crowd.

We have submitted our review and do intend to try the restaurant again to see if the reviews are noted and service improves. If not, they have lost our custom.

1  Thank Stays123