“One of a kind”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“One of a kind”
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I'm not sure where all these bad reviews are coming from, I have been to Pebble Beach on several occasions when I go down to visit a friend and every time I have been treated brilliantly and loved the food. I spend ages trying to decide on what to have as the choices are fantastic! The tempura prawns are just too good, absolutely huge and go perfectly with a glass of chilled champagne whilst I make the all important main course decision! The lamb was delicious on my last visit, perfectly cooked and warming as we watched the huge hailstorm through the windows over the sea. In my summer visits I never miss the opportunity to have one of their monkfish dishes whilst sitting on the terrace in the sun watching the sea, perfect. My only complaint is that the monkfish with brioche, mozzarella, parma ham is not on the menu anymore!!! Bring it back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic meal, as always!”
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I recently visited Pebble Beach for the sixth time and had a lovely lunch with friends. I have been coming to this restaurant for over 5 years and with every visit I have been met with the same high standards, both in the food and service. To keep the same high standards over a long period of time like this is no mean feat and the chef and managers deserve much praise. The staff are very friendly and helpful without being over attentive, as can sometimes be the case, and also knowledgeable about the menu (very useful when you need some help choosing from the many delicious dishes!) I would highly recommend the monkfish, which is always cooked to perfection and the portions are extremely generous. Having eaten in many highly rated restaurants in London I would choose Pebble Beach over them every time for it’s relaxed atmosphere and constantly gorgeous food, at a reasonable price.

torreblanca,costa del sol
“always a great re-union for my family at pebble beach”
Reviewed 7 March 2011

Our trips to England each year would never be complete without our special evening at the pebble beach restaurant. The greeting from the staff is always like meeting old friends, nothing is ever to much trouble and make us instantly comfortable. We like to take a drink in the comfortable bar/lounge and especially enjoy watching the chefs at work preparing and creating in the open kitchen. We love it, great fun to watch, even better to eat. Always fresh and perfectly cooked fish is our favourite. The views are stunning and this is probably the best restaurant on the south coast for fine dining.

• Visited December 2010
London, United Kingdom
“Fine wine, great food & a nice relaxing evening”
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I live in Richmond, London and travel down to the new forest a few times per year to visit family. Whenever I can I don't miss the opportunity though to pop into my favourite restaurant outside of the city to kick back & enjoy the sea views, a nice glass of red and a tasty dish or two.

If you're one of those people like me who would far rather place the burden of what to eat and which wine should go with it in someone else's hands, instead of getting a migraine trying to make the right choice, then congratulations- you won't feel let down. Overall a lovely experience each time.

1 Thank mripsold
southampton
“Awful”
Reviewed 15 February 2011

This restaurant is a complete rip off!!!
The food I had was greasy, bland and was even inferior to the pub food. The price of the food does not justify in anyway the quality.
The restaurant is a converted bungalow and the decor inside was almost like a nursing home. It was cold for some time before the staff could manage the air condition. You can not even enjoy the views at night.
I expected, out of courtesy, that they would not charge the full amount after we gave the waitress our feedback but instead we were presented with the bill charging us the full price and we were shocked to notice they had included an amount towards their charity!!!!
Wont be going back there and don't recommend anyone to waste their money.....

2 Thank bibigol