Pebble Beach Rooms
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa(New Milton)
Lord Bute Hotel(Christchurch)
View Hotel
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
  • Restaurant
The Kings Arms(Christchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe penthousecontinental breakfastlobsterisle of wightspecial occasionromantic weekendon arrivalprofessional serviceperfect nightthree course mealnice furnishingsdrive homestaff teamluxury apartmentvealnights accommodationleave early
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were joining a birthday celebration dinner and as a family of seafood lovers we couldn't have picked better. We had preordered seafood platters as shared starters and they were excellent with top quality crab, prawns and oysters. Having devoured all of that we all had great main courses with all the fish being exceptional. A larger group is never easy but the staff were helpful and looked after us well. It's also nice to have a large round table for a larger group. The outside terrace area looked lovely and would be a perfect setting on a warmer evening. We are not local but would certainly go back next time we are in the area. We stayed just a few hundred yards away at the Watersedge Guesthouse which I would also recommend if you need accommodation within easy walking distance.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SharonAJ
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My friend and I booked a table around for 1.30pm. Arrived at the restaurant, greeted nicely at the door by two gentlemen.

To begin with my friend and I decided to have a drink on the terrace and have a look at the menu before we went inside the restaurant to eat. This was a perfect choice as it was a lovely day and although it took a while for our drinks to arrive it was worth the wait. I had a large glass of the New Zealand Savingon Blanc and my friend a large Chardonnay. The views were beautiful, and we were very comfortable in this relaxed atmosphere outside and all others seemed to be too. We both work in restaurants so it was nice to be on the other side.

Shortly our orders were taken. Bread was lovely, although short on choice, the waitress apologized.

I had duck to begin with, the chefs special for main followed by the Chocolate and hazelnut tart. All very very delicious. Fresh tastes, beautifully presented. We had our desserts and coffees on the terrace which great!

We had a great time, thank you very much.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is a restaurant with rooms, of which only the penthouse has views of the Solent. I took my mother for a break to celebrate her ninetieth birthday expecting a sea view. Not only did we not have a sea view but we were not checked in properly, (a health and safety issue) and we were not informed that breakfast was not served until 10 in the morning. I had also requested when I booked an additional put you up in the room. I knew the rooms were double but wanted to make sure my mother had a good night's sleep. This did not happen (I borrowed a sleeping bag from my cousin and slept on the floor). On the second morning we chose to have a 9 o clock cooked breakfast at the very excellent Beachcomber Cafe next door. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jane T
pebbebeachmanagement, Manager at Pebble Beach Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Referring to the allegations we refute categorically the criticism made.
Our tariff displayed on the website on which the booking was made is informative and clearly states serving times and amenities available. It is our firm policy and priority to endeavour to make a visit to our establishment a special , memorable and satisfying one and we pride ourselves at the excellence and quality of the food served and the level of customer service provided. With regard to the health and safety aspect we are particular in complying with the necessary requirements for example completion of the check-in forms which are filled in on arrival.
We would like to take this opportunity of extending a warm welcome to all new customers to come and sample for themselves our noted hospitality

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous Sunday lunch here. The service couldn't have been better and all of our chosen dishes were sublime. I had crispy duck salad starter my wife the fish cakes . I then had Langustine & Crevettes and my wife the veal. Not the cheapest but they are also not charging outrageous prices considering the quality and the ambiance. If you're a celebrity watcher you'll be sure to be impressed. We noticed a football player, female group member and well known actress sharing the terrace with us.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We booked the Penthouse for one night to find out what it offered. As we usually have cruise holidays the bar was set very high before we arrived, this included the restaurant food and service located below the penthouse. We arrived on a very bright sunny day in August, parking was fine at 16.00 hours, close to the side door access.

We checked in, via the Restuarnt reception, and were shown to the penthouse or suite on the first floor via one flight of stairs.

The initial view and tour of the accommodation was stunning, but now a little dated...plenty of space for two people and a dining area for 6 people inside and out.

A small jug of milk was left in the fridge so we had a cup of tea from the contemporary kitchen...then looked around..

Huge lounge with 42 inch TV and Bose control sound system for longe, kitchen and bedroom.

Huge bedroom with another 42 inch wall mounted TV, with Bose surround sound.

Huge contemporary kitchen diner with small wall TV and Bose ceiling speakers.

Nice ensuite bath and double shower room.

Separate cloaks wc with built in washer and tumble drier.

Huge full length balcony with dining for 6, 2 sun loungers and a sun shade if needed...all overlooking the sea, a great view with para-gliders passing by 200m away..

So space was fine.

We had a light meal on the balcony ordered from the restaurant served around 18.30, service was quick, think they wanted us served before the restaurant started filling up, the food was very good. We ordered breakfast at the same time...that was more difficult with language and time problems...clearly they do not want to serve you very early..just keep pressing for the time you want.

Overnight...the large bed was poor compared to our Sealey standards...not so good..for backs.

Plenty of noise from the restaurant until about mid night then it went quiet until breakfast. No street noise or neighbour noise.

We wanted breakfast at 08.30 ish so went down to arrange this, clearly we we not wanted at this time...but we were served on the terrace overlooking the sea...with a very good continental breakfast.

We spent the morning on the balcony and checked out at 12.00 with maids at the door ready to make the room up. The car park was full and reception was busy with the lunch trade in full swing. Checking out was fine.

So to sum up...

Pros

Plenty of space
Great sea views
Good food at Restuarnt times
Fantastic but slightly dated Bose system..take time to understand how it all works though
Wall mounted flat screen TV's
Fabulas balcony with Bose sound too..
A working kitchen for self catering ... but no plates or crockery..just 2 cups and saucers!
Cutley provided
Tea and coffee making facilities
Big fridge freezer
White Company toiletries
Decoration and colours relaxing
Soft furnishings ok
Pleasant staff

Cons

No crockery for self catering!
All the towels were too small and a bit scratchy..no luxury here
Noisy till mid night
A slight language problem with the restaurant staff
Staff were never going to clear away after the evening meal..dirty plates left in room till we left
Difficult to get breakfast or anything when you wanted it..staff were always too busy in the restaurant
Cushions everywhere
Safe code was NOT available so should not be advertised..very naughty Pebbles
A code lock on the entry door..not able to lock it from the inside at night...very poor security

Our standards are set very high but we would stay again..the restaurant food and slow service wee not for us though, too much like hard work when you are paying this sort of money..better service elsewhere...

Certainly with a try...enjoy.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple