“Great food and great views!”

The Cliff House Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
south coast
“Great food and great views!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Having tried more expensive restaurants in this area we think this one is great value for money. There isn't a huge menu because they use seasonal, local produce which means it's tasty!! For a starter try the twice baked cheese souffle made with Dorset cheese - you won't be disappointed. The last time we went I had the local venison which was really tender.
The staff are very attentive and there is a great atmosphere. The terrace faces the sea so there are great views across Christchurch Bay - lovely for a pre-dinner drink!

• Visited March 2012
barton7ql, Owner at The Cliff House Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to Review The Cliff House . We were delighted you enjoyed your experience , your comments have been shared with the team .

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Regards Donald Darbishire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Watford, United Kingdom
“excellent food”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

very welcoming with excellent choice of food. We ate at at the resturant at lunch time and evening meals for out stay. In the evening there was a lovely log fire going outside!

Visited March 2012
“Wonderful service and perfect food”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I recommend anyone to this restaurant Please do try the duck.
Beer great, sea view wonderful on a clear day you can see the isle of white

Poole, United Kingdom
“Don't underestimate how lovely this place is!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was quite amazed when I read the reviews below, my experiences of this establishment have only ever been good ones! Did we eat at the same place?! I have been visiting regularly at lunchtimes for well over a year now as a local from Lymington area and have never been disappointed; in fact I consider this place a rather great find. What a shame for those below because they give quite a different impression to how it really is. I guess we are all different but I can't find fault in any way for lunch. The staff are spectacularly friendly, attentive, courteous and kind especially with my disabled mother. Everything is beautifully clean and tidy with a modern approach to décor in the side restaurant, whilst maintaining a slightly more formal area for dining next door. The building affords wonderful views across the Solent and in the summer it comes into its own with a lush lawn and tables outside.
The food is always freshly cooked, beautifully hot and delicious..for example today we both had soups, leek and potato and seafood bisque with croutons, fresh walnut rolls/butter to start followed by double cooked cheese soufflés with beetroot in a cream sauce, it was all SO good.. and they were able to bring gluten free bread for me being the nuisance I am!..well personally I'll be back next week and will happily continue to visit.. I highly recommend you try it for yourself and make your own mind up because I don't want you to miss out on this rather lovely well run hotel!

• Visited February 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Glorious location on the clifftop overlooking the sea”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We have been to the Cliff House many times but have stopped going.
The environment is lovely and the staff welcoming. Quality of the food varies each time. We have enjoyed some meals but the chef fails to take on board comments.
I was served flank steak on the last occasion having ordered sirloin from the menu. I complained to the regular waitress but my complaint was not taken seriously.
We will not be returning

• Visited October 2011