Montebelli Agriturismo & Country Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$120
Hotel Sabatino(Follonica)
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Pineta(Follonica)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsown wineon sitetuscan stylefew yearsalessandrospadogstennistuscanyteamagriturismonaturecourtbeachesoasiscountrysidecoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

A fabulous week at Montebelli and we'll be back. Our two teens played tennis, swam, played in the gardens with other children, went horse riding and just basically had a blast while we chilled by the pool and I listened to the cricket because of the fast free wifi throughout the hotel. The pool was superb, the food terrific, the rooms clean, comfy and just about right. It's not a room service escape...but it is a rustic, perfect, relaxing, peaceful hideaway....it is close tone beaches but one visit for us was enough....they make bank holiday Monday at Blackpool look like a desert. As a couple of small points, I think Montebelli should put a small fridge in the rooms, it wouldn't cost much but in the height of summer it is a major hassle not having one... plus the prices for the evening meals are a bit toppy particularly for families.....I'm sure the many guests that eat out most nights wouldn't, if it was a little cheaper. For example, we ate at a beautiful little restaurant in Giancarico for half the cost and the food was equally good. But, overall Alessandro and his team have a magnificent escape and the midweek Braai in the bush was our highlight of the week....we could have been in The Kruger Park...the beautiful home produced wine and port helped as well.....can't wait to come back...thank you guys.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
monteb11, Guest Relations Manager at Montebelli Agriturismo & Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Hello BaskersonTour,
.....and we can't wait to have you back. Lovely review! Thanks, and I promise your suggestions will not be overlooked. Best regards from Alessandro and of course from the entire Montebelli Team.
Ciao e a presto.

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Great great place
Immense, generous spaces
Tennis court, swimming pool, horse riding and..lots of stuff for kids... Which we left running around as we felt they were safe.
And a great spa!
The rooms are great as spacious ..
A great kitchen..
What do you want more?

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Stefano E,
YOUR review is simply fabulous! Thank you so much for saying such lovely things. Come visit us again, maybe for a wellness weekend break in Autumn! How about that?

Warmest regards from the Montebelli Family

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I came here with my 3.5 year old after having seen some pictures on the internet. Originally I just need somewhere to sleep because we were going to the beach. And, as with anything found on the internet I had my doubts. However, upon arrival I was beyond enchanted. The place is absolutely beautiful, the grounds are spectacular, and the staff is super lovely. I felt a home right away. We are animal lovers, so for my daughter and I it was wonderful to see the owners dogs (beyond docile by the way), one cat and, of course the horses. My daughter went riding with Tomas who is an absolute gem, professional, careful and attentive. The girls at reception were fantastic and always looking to accommodate our requests. I loved it so much that I stayed longer than planned and will go back in a couple of months for another 3 days of beauty and horses! Thank you all for the lovely memory! :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
monteb11, Guest Relations Manager at Montebelli Agriturismo & Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Sandra, you and your daughter were absolutely adorable. Your daughter's enthusiasm was simply unique and contageous. You could tell she loved this place because she was so keen on trying everything out. We definitely want you to come back. So, hopefully......see you soon!
Un abbraccio and thanks for the splendid review.

Ciao

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We have just returned from 4 nights at the Montebelli Country Hotel. I would start by saying that the location was beautiful and our room was very clean and comfortable. The spa was also lovely. In addition, we enjoyed three lovely days at different beaches, all within a short 20- 40 min drive from Montebelli. However, overall we were disappointed with our choice of hotel.

Whilst we thoroughly enjoyed a four/five course set menu on one evening, the food overall was disappointing. The breakfast was served as a buffet, only some of the food covered, leaving many items on offer exposed to flies buzzing around. I found flies in the jugs of juice on a couple of occasions and my enjoyment of the food was spoiled by the knowledge that flies had most probably landed on some part of it. In addition, we were disappointed by the Sunday pizza evening - the limited choice of pizza arrived with the topping looking hastily thrown on and my son found what looked like an old piece of string buried in his at the end of his meal! Again, the evening meals by buffet had similar problems with flies.

Our children enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere at meal times and running around playing tag with other children they had met, whilst the adults were finishing their meal. However, I was concerned about letting them out of our sight for a second due to the presence of the hotel's three rather large dogs (perhaps German shepherds/Alsatians?) roaming freely around the grounds. These dogs appeared well behaved and I only heard them barking on occasion when encountering other dogs of the hotel guests. However, I was not comfortable with such large dogs roaming around unsupervised, especially in a garden area with small children running around, playing hide and seek.

We were also disappointed by the swimming pool, which in my opinion seemed too small and overcrowded for a hotel and agriturismo of this size. I could not see any markings to indicate the depth of the water, and the shallow end was far too deep for my tall seven year old to stand up in, which meant swimming could not be a relaxing experience for us.

Finally, I would recommend Montebelli try to divert the path from the agriturismo / restaurant back up to the country hotel building away from the septic tank / car park area. Not something the guests want to walk past after their meals.

So, overall this hotel has lots of potential but did not live up to our expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cnonymous
monteb11, Guest Relations Manager at Montebelli Agriturismo & Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Mr.Cnonymous,
first of all thanks for taking your time to write a review which clearly shows overall disappointment. Of course we never like getting bad or negative reviews but we are ready to face whatever comes. I agree it is unacceptable to find a piece of string in your meal or flies in your drink and for this I have summoned the kitchen personnel to discuss these issues futher. Same goes for the pizza night. As to the dogs, I am really very sorry you felt a little uneasy having them around your children. We guarantee they are totally harmless and are let out free because we love animals and they are welcome at Montebelli without extra charge. Indeed many choose to come for this reason. There is one piece of advice on your part I find very useful and that is to place a sign in the pool showing how deep the water is. This is something we definitely need to implement.
I found your wording very decent and I thank for this. Hoping you'll give it another try, sometime in the future. We would appreciate it.
Regards from us all.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This was our third visit to Montebelli, and we love it. The whole set up is the perfect mix of beautiful scenery, wonderful Tuscan food and wine (got stuck into Fabula Reserva - see pic) and family welcome. Alessandro and the team are just outstanding. Special mention to Fabio, who looked after us like we were his long lost cousins. And Tomazo who showed us how to really ride horses.
We did wine tours, bbq, tennis, horse riding, swimming and went to the beach a couple of times. We even went to the local Aqua park which was great fun. Would recommend to anyone not to go with the 'a la carte' menu and just go with the house meal of the day. Its the best way to experience proper Tuscan food, and its great because you might get a suprise. All with a glass of Fabula of course.
Cant speak highly enough of Montebelli.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SimonWoodbridge

Dear SimonWoodbridge,
Pythagoras calls 3 the perfect number because it represents the beginning, the middle and the end.
So what I suggest is, next time you wish to come back, we start from scratch! Ok! It will be your first time once again.
Jokes aside, thank you so much for the lovely review. Fabio says thanks for mentioning his name. It made him feel very proud. Ale and Tommaso say hello and look forward to seeing you again. By the way, I suggest you drink Fabula Riserva with a delicious plate of "Caserecce with bacon and lentils. You'll find the recipe on our website under cuisine.
A big hug from the Montebelli Team