“A very pleasant step back in time”
Review of Biddy's Tea Rooms - CLOSED

Biddy's Tea Rooms
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Some friends and I were walking from Whatstandwell to Matlock bath and we just dropped upon this lovely place, like stepping back in time, silver tea pots, nice cups and saucers, real tea and strainers, lush cakes, Mario Lanza playing in the background all served by two gentlemen with fantastic moustaches.
They didn't mind that we had walking boots on and welcomed our two dogs, even gave then a snack. Even the 'powder room' is worth checking out, never seen anything like it in my life...in a good way.
There is a shop made up of small rooms with so many lovely things from the past.

One suggestion I would make if the owners read this and that is i.m.o the sinage outside could be better, i.e signs above the shop to say it's a tea room I didn't realise it was until my friend....ever ready to sniff out a cuppa dragged us in ...and I'm very glad she did.

1  Thank ladybirdholly
There are newer reviews for Biddy's Tea Rooms

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Visited for tea and scones;beautifully decorated ,lovely owners,fantastic food and great atmosphere. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

late starter at Biddy's.....so pleased i,ve been now . fabulous tea rooms wonderful hosts and amazing hot chocolate.

1  Thank michelle366
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Everything already written is spot on. It took us back in time and we spent the time in Biddy's reminiscing about our own late grandparents as it seemed that all their ornaments, crockery, and pictures were in the cafe and shop. The cakes were absolutely gorgeous, and cappacinos good. Friendly owners - it is clearly a labour of love for them - and somewhere you could easily miss as it looks more like curiosity shop from the outside.

1  Thank nisamajo
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We popped in to Biddy's recently for a coffee and stayed for food. The Christmas atmosphere was excellent, the place is skillfully decorated by it's owners who are friendly and attentive.
The mince pies are to die for. Love it! I would have stayed all day.

1  Thank Rosee20131