Alison House Hotel
US$201
Travelodge Alfreton(Alfreton)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
All reviewsmatlock batharkwright suitea small double roomson's weddingwedding venuegarden roomroll top bathpeak districtfriendly hotelevening meallarge partythe main housethe ground floorchatsworth housewedding breakfastheights of abrahampoached eggs
Reviewed 5 June 2012

What a little gem of a hotel...

We spent one night and two days here at a private party. As a family of 5 and a dog we were given the Oaks apartment and have to say was perfect for us.

ALL the staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble.

The breakfast which was included in our very reasonable rate was fantastic with many choices of cereals, fruit and fully cooked options.

The house is in a great location, very private and off the main roads with fabulous gardens which we all used to the fullest.

Thanks to all concerned to make our stay very memorable.

Thanks from the Andy, Jill and all the Woodings family.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ANDREW W
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thankyou so much for your review of the OAKS holiday cottage.
This can now be booked without breakfast from only £59 per night for anybody booking this please specify at time of booking. Pictures and details are on our website.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

All the nice comments in the previous reviews are really well deserved - we have just stayed there for two days and couldn't have been made more comfortable or welcome. The hotel has a real homely feel about it - but a very, very gracious home! Our room was described as a small double, and it was small, but not uncomfortably so - I would have said it was more "bijou"! The food was excellent - five stars for the breakfast, especially. They went out of their way to fit in a last minute booking of 17 people for lunch. All in all, a lovely way to spend a quiet couple of days.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyEmsworth
Reviewed 31 May 2012

It is located in very pleasant surroundings. We were a party of 7 adults & stayed for a night. We had a very comfortable stay. The rooms were ok, breakfast good & service very nice. I managed to forget my phone charger in the room which was promptly posted to me.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Derbyshire

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2012

For the third year running what a fabulous few days on Gwens's organised painting holiday at Alison House. The staff never seemed to tire of us all and were always on hand to help, nothing seemed too much trouble. The food was wonderful from breakfast to evening meal, ate too much, but a real treat. The birds sang, the chickens and cockerel even came to visit much to everyone's amusement, very peaceful. Sadly all good things come to and end, but there is always next year to look forward to. Thank you all for looking after us and Gwen for some fantastic painting.

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank goodtimegal60
AlisonHouse, General Manager at Alison House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

We look forward to Gwens art groups coming twice a year. You are all well behaved, good fun
and extremely appreciative. So thankyou to you all.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

My name is Archie, I am a terrier cross and I have just returned from my first ever hotel stay.
I was excited when my Dad told me he had booked a hotel in Cromford from where we could go on long walks.
On arrival at the hotel we received a very warm welcome and some of the staff came out and said hello to me as did next door's chickens. We were shown to our ground floor room which was perfect for our needs. I know my Mum and Dad were anxious about taking me away but the welcome calmed their nerves.
After a long walk along the Cromford Canal we went back to our room where I had a long sleep. Mum and Dad went for a relaxing drink in the lovely lounge overlooking the garden then enjoyed a tasty 3 course meal with wine, all excellently served.
After a good night's sleep and an early morning walk around the spacious grounds, Mum and Dad went for a gorgeous freshly cooked breakfast before taking me to Chatsworth, just a few short miles away, where we went for a long walk along the river and over the fields where I saw sheep and deer for the first time.
After a drive through the picturesque villages and towns nearby (I slept), we went back to the hotel.
As I was very tired from my walk, I was again left in the room while Mum and Dad went for a second evening of good food and wine. Dad said the friendly service was as good as any he'd received anywhere, and he's not easily pleased.
Another filling breakfast for Mum and Dad this morning and we were on our way home. I was sad to leave.
So, if you're a dog who enjoys the good life, long walks and have a Mum and Dad who enjoy excellent friendly service, food and wine, this is the place for you.
If you are not a dog owner you will be made equally as welcome. We will be back.
Woof, woof! Archie.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank glammyfan

Dear Archie, Thankyou so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review and im so glad your mum and dad had a fab time too.